The initial impact of EU ETS verification events on stock prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Perthuis, Christian & Trotignon, Raphael, 2014.
"Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 100-106.
- Christian de Perthuis & Raphael Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Working Papers 1307, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504635, HAL.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2014. "Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504611, HAL.
- Jiang, Jing Jing & Ye, Bin & Ma, Xiao Ming, 2014. "The construction of Shenzhen׳s carbon emission trading scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 17-21.
- Neuhoff, Karsten, 2011. "Carbon Pricing for Low-Carbon Investment," EconStor Research Reports 65902, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Egenhofer, Christian, 2007. "The Making of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme:: Status, Prospects and Implications for Business," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 453-463, December.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hong, Jong Ho & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2006. "Disclosure of environmental violations and stock market in the Republic of Korea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 759-777, July.
- Park, Hojeong & Hong, Won Kyung, 2014. "Korea׳s emission trading scheme and policy design issues to achieve market-efficiency and abatement targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 73-83.
- Julien Chevallier, 2012. "Banking And Borrowing In The Eu Ets: A Review Of Economic Modelling, Current Provisions And Prospects For Future Design," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 157-176, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How does the stock market respond to petrochemical disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00696984, HAL.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich, 2009. "EU Emission Allowances and the stock market: Evidence from the electricity industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1116-1126, February.
- Hoffmann, Volker H., 2007. "EU ETS and Investment Decisions:: The Case of the German Electricity Industry," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 464-474, December.
- Ohad Kadan & Leonardo Madureira & Rong Wang & Tzachi Zach, 2009. "Conflicts of Interest and Stock Recommendations: The Effects of the Global Settlement and Related Regulations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4189-4217, October.
- Barry Anderson & Corrado Di Maria, 2011.
"Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 83-103, January.
- Corrado Di Maria & Barry Anderson & Frank Convery, 2009. "Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS," Working Papers 2009.110, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marcus A. Ingram & Virginia C. Ingram, 1993. "Consistent Estimation Of Residual Variance In Regulatory Event Studies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 151-160, June.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Laguna, Marie-Aude, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to chemical disasters?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 192-205, March.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Corrado, Charles J. & Zivney, Terry L., 1992. "The Specification and Power of the Sign Test in Event Study Hypothesis Tests Using Daily Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 465-478, September.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00637961 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Venmans, 2015. "Capital market response to emission allowance prices: a multivariate GARCH approach," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 17(4), pages 577-620, October.
- Frédéric Branger & Oskar Lecuyer & Philippe Quirion, 2015. "The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme: should we throw the flagship out with the bathwater?," Post-Print hal-01137875, HAL.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Thorburn, Karin S., 2011.
"Voluntary corporate environmental initiatives and shareholder wealth,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 430-445.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Thorburn, Karin S, 2008. "Voluntary Corporate Environmental Initiatives and Shareholder Wealth," CEPR Discussion Papers 6698, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jong, Thijs & Couwenberg, Oscar & Woerdman, Edwin, 2014. "Does EU emissions trading bite? An event study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 510-519.
- Regina Betz & Karoline Rogge & Joachim Schleich, 2006. "EU emissions trading: an early analysis of national allocation plans for 2008-2012," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 361-394, July.
- Ingram, Marcus A & Ingram, Virginia C, 1993. "Consistent Estimation of Residual Variance in Regulatory Event Studies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 151-160, Summer.
- Crossland, Jarrod & Li, Bin & Roca, Eduardo, 2013. "Is the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) informationally efficient? Evidence from momentum-based trading strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 10-23.
- Larelle Chapple & Peter M. Clarkson & Daniel L. Gold, 2013. "The Cost of Carbon: Capital Market Effects of the Proposed Emission Trading Scheme ( ETS )," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 49(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Fox, Alan K., 2012. "Comparing policies to combat emissions leakage: Border carbon adjustments versus rebates," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 199-216.
- Mo, Jian-Lei & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2012. "The impact of the EU ETS on the corporate value of European electricity corporations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 3-11.
- Hu, Jing & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Lam, Long & Gilbert, Alyssa, 2015. "Ex-ante evaluation of EU ETS during 2013–2030: EU-internal abatement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 152-163.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13539 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gupta, Shreekant & Goldar, Bishwanath, 2005. "Do stock markets penalize environment-unfriendly behaviour? Evidence from India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 81-95, January.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Michael Grubb & Christian Azar & U. Martin Persson, 2005. "Allowance allocation in the European emissions trading system: a commentary," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 127-136, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4611 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Christine & McInish, Thomas & Upson, James, 2009. "The information content of trading halts," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 703-726, November.
- Derek Johnston & Stephan Sefcik & Naomi Soderstrom, 2008. "The Value Relevance of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Allowances: An Exploratory Study in the Related United States SO2 Market," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 747-764.
- Robert D. Klassen & Curtis P. McLaughlin, 1996. "The Impact of Environmental Management on Firm Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1199-1214, August.
- Veith, Stefan & Werner, Jörg R. & Zimmermann, Jochen, 2009. "Capital market response to emission rights returns: Evidence from the European power sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 605-613, July.
- Venmans, Frank, 2012. "A literature-based multi-criteria evaluation of the EU ETS," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5493-5510.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, M. & Liang, X. & Reiner, D. & Lin, B., 2018. "Stakeholder Views on Interactions between Low-carbon Policies and Carbon Markets in China: Lessons from the Guangdong ETS," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1811, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:kap:compec:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10614-017-9664-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Balietti, Anca Claudia, 2016. "Trader types and volatility of emission allowance prices. Evidence from EU ETS Phase I," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 607-620.
More about this item
KeywordsEvent study; EU ETS; Verified emissions; Allowance shortage; Pass-through costing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:94:y:2016:i:c:p:138-149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.