The impact of daylight saving time on electricity consumption: Evidence from southern Norway and Sweden
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Müller, Luisa & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Voigt, Christian, 2009. "Daylight saving effect," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 127-138, April.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Pierre Perron, 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 795R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 1987.
- Torgeir Ericson, 2006. "Time-differentiated pricing and direct load control of residential electricity consumption," Discussion Papers 461, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Lisa A. Kramer & Mark J. Kamstra & Maurice D. Levi, 2000.
"Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight Saving Anomaly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1005-1011, September.
- Kamstra, M.J. & Kramer, L.A. & Levi, M.D., 1998. "Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight-Savings Anomaly," Discussion Papers dp98-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Hill, S.I. & Desobry, F. & Garnsey, E.W. & Chong, Y.-F., 2010. "The impact on energy consumption of daylight saving clock changes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4955-4965, September.
- Tomas del Barrio Castro & Denise R. Osborn, 2004. "The consequences of seasonal adjustment for periodic autoregressive processes," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 307-321, December.
- Kellogg, Ryan & Wolff, Hendrik, 2008. "Daylight time and energy: Evidence from an Australian experiment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 207-220, November.
- Shimoda, Yoshiyuki & Asahi, Takahiro & Taniguchi, Ayako & Mizuno, Minoru, 2007. "Evaluation of city-scale impact of residential energy conservation measures using the detailed end-use simulation model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1617-1633.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, August.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197.
- Aries, Myriam B.C. & Newsham, Guy R., 2008. "Effect of daylight saving time on lighting energy use: A literature review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1858-1866, June.
- Mikael Bask & Jens Lundgren & Niklas Rudholm, 2009. "Market power in the expanding Nordic power market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(9), pages 1035-1043.
- Hillman, Mayer & Parker, Jon, 1988. "More daylight, less electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 514-515, October.
- Johnsen, Tor Arnt, 2001. "Demand, generation and price in the Norwegian market for electric power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 227-251, May.
- Awad Momani, Mohammad & Yatim, Baharudin & Ali, Mohd Alauddin Mohd, 2009. "The impact of the daylight saving time on electricity consumption--A case study from Jordan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 2042-2051, May.
- Hjalmarsson, Erik, 2000. "Nord Pool: A Power Market Without Market Power," Working Papers in Economics 28, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Müller, L. & Schiereck, D. & Simpson, M. & Voigt, C., 2009. "Daylight saving Effect," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 34945, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Ferguson, S.A. & Preusser, D.F. & Lund, A.K. & Zador, P.L. & Ulmer, R.G., 1995. "Daylight saving time and motor vehicle crashes: The reduction in pedestrian and vehicle occupant fatalities," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 85(1), pages 92-96.
- Ericson, Torgeir, 2009. "Direct load control of residential water heaters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3502-3512, September.
- Karasu, Servet, 2010. "The effect of daylight saving time options on electricity consumption of Turkey," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3773-3782.
- Torstein Bye & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2008. "How do Spot prices affect aggregate electricity demand?," Discussion Papers 527, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2016.
"Using the Life Satisfaction Approach to Value Daylight Savings Time Transitions: Evidence from Britain and Germany,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 2293-2323, December.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2014. "Using the life satisfaction approach to value daylight savings time transitions. Evidence from Britain and Germany," Working Papers 156, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2015. "Using the Life Satisfaction Approach to Value Daylight Savings Time Transitions: Evidence from Britain and Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 744, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Blake Shaffer, 2019.
"Location matters: Daylight saving time and electricity demand,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1374-1400, November.
- Blake Shaffer, 2019. "Location matters: Daylight saving time and electricity demand," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 52(4), pages 1374-1400, November.
- Havranek, Tomas & Herman, Dominik & Irsova, Zuzana, 2016. "Does Daylight Saving Save Energy? A Meta-Analysis," MPRA Paper 74518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Rivers, 2018. "Does Daylight Savings Time Save Energy? Evidence from Ontario," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 70(2), pages 517-543, June.
- Choi, Seungmoon & Pellen, Alistair & Masson, Virginie, 2017. "How does daylight saving time affect electricity demand? An answer using aggregate data from a natural experiment in Western Australia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 247-260.
- Hancevic, Pedro & Margulis, Diego, 2016. "Daylight saving time and energy consumption: The case of Argentina," MPRA Paper 80481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomas Havranek, Dominik Herman, and Zuzana Irsova, 2018. "Does Daylight Saving Save Electricity? A Meta-Analysis," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Kudela, Peter & Havranek, Tomas & Herman, Dominik & Irsova, Zuzana, 2020.
"Does daylight saving time save electricity? Evidence from Slovakia,"
Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Peter Kudela & Tomas Havranek & Dominik Herman & Zuzana Irsova, 2019. "Does Daylight Saving Time Save Electricity? Evidence from Slovakia," Working Papers IES 2019/4, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2019.
- Flores, Daniel & Luna, Edgar M., 2019.
"An econometric evaluation of daylight saving time in Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Flores, Daniel & Luna, Edgar, 2018. "An econometric evaluation of daylight saving time in Mexico," MPRA Paper 89678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaffer, Blake, 2017. "Location matters: daylight saving time and electricity use," MPRA Paper 84053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergland, Olvar & Mirza, Faisal, 2017. "Latitudinal Effect on Energy Savings from Daylight Savings Time," Working Paper Series 08-2017, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
More about this item
KeywordsDaylight saving time Electricity consumption Nordpool;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:3558-3571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.