Time-differentiated pricing and direct load control of residential electricity consumption
Time-of-use and real-time spot pricing tariffs in conjunction with direct load control of water heaters was offered to residential electricity consumers in a large-scale demand response experiment. Hourly data from the experiment on consumption, temperature, wind, and hours of daylight comprise a large panel data set, which are analysed with a fixed effects regression model. Price responses are estimated for three customer groups, which differ with respect to their choices of tariffs and requests for direct load control. The results indicate differing responses between the groups depending on their tariff combination.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 8131 Dep, N-0033 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: (+47) 21 09 00 00
Fax: +47 - 62 88 55 95
Web page: http://www.ssb.no/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aubin, Christophe & Fougère, Denis & Husson, Emmanuel & Ivaldi, Marc, 1994.
"Real-Time Pricing of Electricity of Residential Customers: Econometric Analysis of an Experiment,"
IDEI Working Papers
46, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Aubin, Christophe, et al, 1995. "Real-Time Pricing of Electricity for Residential Customers: Econometric Analysis of an Experiment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages S171-91, Suppl. De.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, L. R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "The Consistency of the Residential Customer Response in Time-Of-Use Electricity Pricing Experiments," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10798, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, Laurits R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "Consistency of residential customer response in time-of-use electricity pricing experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 179-203.
- Ramanathan, Ramu & Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive W. J. & Vahid-Araghi, Farshid & Brace, Casey, 1997. "Shorte-run forecasts of electricity loads and peaks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-174, June.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & George, Stephen, 2005. "Quantifying Customer Response to Dynamic Pricing," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 53-63, May.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert & Ramanathan, Ramu & Andersen, Allan, 1979. "Residential load curves and time-of-day pricing : An econometric analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 13-32, January.
- Johnsen, Tor Arnt, 2001. "Demand, generation and price in the Norwegian market for electric power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 227-251, May.
- Mostafa Baladi, S. & Herriges, Joseph A. & Sweeney, Thomas J., 1998.
"Residential response to voluntary time-of-use electricity rates,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Baladi, S. & Sweeney, T., 1998. "Residential Response to Voluntary Time-Of-Use Electricity Rates," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1233, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Henley, Andrew & Peirson, John, 1998. "Residential energy demand and the interaction of price and temperature: British experimental evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 157-171, April.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & George, Stephen S., 2002. "The Value of Dynamic Pricing in Mass Markets," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 45-55, July.
- Matsukawa, Isamu, 2001. "Household Response to Optional Peak-Load Pricing of Electricity," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 249-67, November.
- Henley, Andrew & Peirson, John, 1997. "Non-linearities in Electricity Demand and Temperature: Parametric versus Non-parametric Methods," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(1), pages 149-62, February.
- Pardo, Angel & Meneu, Vicente & Valor, Enric, 2002. "Temperature and seasonality influences on Spanish electricity load," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-70, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.