|Terminal Degree:||1985 Department of Agricultural Economics; University of Kentucky (from RePEc Genealogy)|
School of Economics and Business Ås, Norway
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelig universitet
RePEc:edi:ioumbno (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Bergland, Olvar & Mirza, Faisal, 2017. "Latitudinal Effect on Energy Savings from Daylight Savings Time," Working Paper Series 08-2017, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Ready, Richard C. & Bergland, Olvar & Romstad, Eirik, 2001. "Optimal Management Of A Forest/Wildlife System With Bilateral Externalities," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20561, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bergland, Olvar & Kim, Seung-Woo & McLeod, Don & Romstad, Eirik, 1989. "Estimation of Optimal Congestion Levels: Deer Hunting in Western Oregon," 1989 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 2, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 270485, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bergland, Olvar & Randall, Alan, 1984. "Land Prices, Capital Gains And The Returns To Farmland Ownership," 1984 Annual Meeting, August 5-8, Ithaca, New York 279089, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Rizvi, Syed Badar-Ul-Husnain & Bergland, Olvar, 2021. "Service quality, technical efficiency and total factor productivity growth in Pakistan's post-reform electricity distribution companies," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Skjerstad, Svein H.F. & Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Bergland, Olvar & Solberg, Birger, 2021. "New elasticities and projections of global demand for coniferous sawnwood," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C).
- Livingstone Senyonga and Olvar Bergland, 2018. "Impact of High-Powered Incentive Regulations on Efficiency and Productivity Growth of Norwegian Electricity Utilities," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 5).
- Faisal Mehmood Mirza & Olvar Bergland & Isma Khatoon, 2016. "Measuring the degree of competition in Pakistan’s banking industry: an empirical analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(53), pages 5138-5151, November.
- Faisal Mehmood Mirza, Olvar Bergland, 2015. "Market power in Norwegian electricity market: Are the transmission bottlenecks truly exogenous?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Mehmood Mirza, Faisal & Bergland, Olvar & Afzal, Naila, 2014. "Electricity conservation policies and sectorial output in Pakistan: An empirical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 757-766.
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Bergland, Olvar, 2012. "Pass-through of wholesale price to the end user retail price in the Norwegian electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2003-2012.
- Brey, Raul & Bergland, Olvar & Riera, Pere, 2011. "A contingent grouping approach for stated preferences," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 745-755, September.
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Bergland, Olvar, 2011. "The impact of daylight saving time on electricity consumption: Evidence from southern Norway and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3558-3571, June.
- Barton, David N. & Bergland, Olvar, 2010. "Valuing irrigation water using a choice experiment: an â€˜individual status quoâ€™ modelling of farm specific water scarcity," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 321-340, June.
- Morrison, Mark & Bergland, Olvar, 2006. "Prospects for the use of choice modelling for benefit transfer," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 420-428, December.
- Mette Wik & Tewodros Aragie Kebede & Olvar Bergland & Stein Holden, 2004. "On the measurement of risk aversion from experimental data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(21), pages 2443-2451.
- Donald M. McLeod & Olvar Bergland, 1999. "Willingness-to-Pay Estimates Using the Double-Bounded Dichotomous-Choice Contingent Valuation Format: A Test for Validity and Precision in a Bayesian Framework," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 115-125.
- R. M. Adams & O. Bergland & W. N. Musser & S. L. Johnson & L. M. Musser, 1989. "User Fees and Equity Issues in Public Hunting Expenditures: The Case of Ring-Necked Pheasant in Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(4), pages 376-385.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
Co-authorship network on CollEc
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 1 paper announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-ENE: Energy Economics (1) 2017-12-18
- NEP-EUR: Microeconomic European Issues (1) 2017-12-18
- NEP-REG: Regulation (1) 2017-12-18
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Olvar Bergland should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.