Effect of daylight saving time on lighting energy use: A literature review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hillman, Mayer & Parker, Jon, 1988. "More daylight, less electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 514-515, October.
- Kellogg, Ryan & Wolff, Hendrik, 2007. "Does Extending Daylight Saving Time Save Energy? Evidence from an Australian Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2704, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hill, S.I. & Desobry, F. & Garnsey, E.W. & Chong, Y.-F., 2010. "The impact on energy consumption of daylight saving clock changes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4955-4965, September.
- Blake Shaffer, 2019.
"Location matters: Daylight saving time and electricity demand,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1374-1400, November.
- Blake Shaffer, 2019. "Location matters: Daylight saving time and electricity demand," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 52(4), pages 1374-1400, November.
- Kudela, Peter & Havranek, Tomas & Herman, Dominik & Irsova, Zuzana, 2020.
"Does daylight saving time save electricity? Evidence from Slovakia,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Peter Kudela & Tomas Havranek & Dominik Herman & Zuzana Irsova, 2019. "Does Daylight Saving Time Save Electricity? Evidence from Slovakia," Working Papers IES 2019/4, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2019.
- Krarti, Moncef & Hajiah, Ali, 2011. "Analysis of impact of daylight time savings on energy use of buildings in Kuwait," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2319-2329, May.
- Awad Momani, Mohammad & Yatim, Baharudin & Ali, Mohd Alauddin Mohd, 2009. "The impact of the daylight saving time on electricity consumption--A case study from Jordan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 2042-2051, May.
- Crowley, Sara & FitzGerald, John & Malaguzzi Valeri, Laura, 2014. "Changing Time: Possible Effects on Peak Electricity Generation," Papers WP486, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Havranek, Tomas & Herman, Dominik & Irsova, Zuzana, 2016. "Does Daylight Saving Save Energy? A Meta-Analysis," MPRA Paper 74518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jin, L. & Ziebarth, N.R., 2015.
"Sleep and Human Capital: Evidence from Daylight Saving Time,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
15/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lawrence Jin & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2016. "Sleep and Human Capital: Evidence from Daylight Saving Time," Working Papers 160001, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Shaffer, Blake, 2017. "Location matters: daylight saving time and electricity use," MPRA Paper 84053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Bergland, Olvar, 2011. "The impact of daylight saving time on electricity consumption: Evidence from southern Norway and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3558-3571, June.
- Jin, Lawrence & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2015. "Does Daylight Saving Time Really Make Us Sick?," IZA Discussion Papers 9088, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Caitlin Knowles Myers & Mark L. Pocock, 2008. "Cues for Timing and Coordination: Latitude, Letterman, and Longitude," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 223-246, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:6:p:1858-1866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.