The positive feedback cycle in the electricity market: Residential solar PV adoption, electricity demand and prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Severance, Craig A., 2011. "A Practical, Affordable (and Least Business Risk) Plan to Achieve "80% Clean Electricity" by 2035," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 8-26, July.
- Allen, S.R. & Hammond, G.P. & McManus, M.C., 2008. "Prospects for and barriers to domestic micro-generation: A United Kingdom perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(6), pages 528-544, June.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Vaid, Devina, 2016. "Lower electricity prices and greenhouse gas emissions due to rooftop solar: empirical results for Massachusetts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 345-352.
- Salim, Ruhul A. & Hassan, Kamrul & Shafiei, Sahar, 2014. "Renewable and non-renewable energy consumption and economic activities: Further evidence from OECD countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 350-360.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, September.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, September.
- Mills, Andrew & Wiser, Ryan & Barbose, Galen & Golove, William, 2008. "The impact of retail rate structures on the economics of commercial photovoltaic systems in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3266-3277, September.
- Fan, Shu & Hyndman, Rob J., 2011.
"The price elasticity of electricity demand in South Australia,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3709-3719, June.
- Shu Fan & Rob Hyndman, 2010. "The price elasticity of electricity demand in South Australia," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Tim Nelson & Paul Simshauser & James Nelson, 2012. "Queensland solar feed-in tariffs and the merit-order effect: economic benefit, or regressive taxation and wealth transfers?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 277-301, December.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gelabert, Liliana & Labandeira, Xavier & Linares, Pedro, 2011. "An ex-post analysis of the effect of renewables and cogeneration on Spanish electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(S1), pages 59-65.
- Massimo, Filippini, 2011.
"Short- and long-run time-of-use price elasticities in Swiss residential electricity demand,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5811-5817, October.
- Massimo Filippini, 2010. "Short and long-run time-of-use price elasticities in Swiss residential electricity demand," CEPE Working paper series 10-76, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Chapman, Andrew J. & McLellan, Benjamin & Tezuka, Tetsuo, 2016. "Residential solar PV policy: An analysis of impacts, successes and failures in the Australian case," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1265-1279.
- Tim Nelson & Paul Simshauser & Simon Kelley, 2011. "Australian Residential Solar Feed-in Tariffs: Industry Stimulus or Regressive Form of Taxation?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 113-129, September.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Barbose, Galen & Wiser, Ryan, 2011. "The impact of rate design and net metering on the bill savings from distributed PV for residential customers in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5243-5253, September.
- Holtedahl, Pernille & Joutz, Frederick L., 2004. "Residential electricity demand in Taiwan," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Zhang, Yu & Song, Junghyun & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2011. "Impact of subsidy policies on diffusion of photovoltaic power generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 1958-1964, April.
- Laws, Nicholas D. & Epps, Brenden P. & Peterson, Steven O. & Laser, Mark S. & Wanjiru, G. Kamau, 2017. "On the utility death spiral and the impact of utility rate structures on the adoption of residential solar photovoltaics and energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 627-641.
- Li, Zhe & Boyle, Fergal & Reynolds, Anthony, 2011. "Domestic application of solar PV systems in Ireland: The reality of their economic viability," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5865-5876.
- Jeon, Jin Q & Moffett, Clay M., 2010. "Herding by foreign investors and emerging market equity returns: Evidence from Korea," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 698-710, October.
- Balcombe, Paul & Rigby, Dan & Azapagic, Adisa, 2013. "Motivations and barriers associated with adopting microgeneration energy technologies in the UK," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 655-666.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell & Prasad, Arti, 2007. "Electricity consumption in G7 countries: A panel cointegration analysis of residential demand elasticities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4485-4494, September.
- Ballester, Cristina & Furió, Dolores, 2015. "Effects of renewables on the stylized facts of electricity prices," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1596-1609.
- Kumar Sahu, Bikash, 2015. "A study on global solar PV energy developments and policies with special focus on the top ten solar PV power producing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 621-634.
- Zahedi, A., 2010. "A review on feed-in tariff in Australia, what it is now and what it should be," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3252-3255, December.
- Payne, James E., 2010. "A survey of the electricity consumption-growth literature," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 723-731, March.
- Balta-Ozkan, Nazmiye & Yildirim, Julide & Connor, Peter M., 2015. "Regional distribution of photovoltaic deployment in the UK and its determinants: A spatial econometric approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 417-429.
- Shafiei, Sahar & Salim, Ruhul A., 2014. "Non-renewable and renewable energy consumption and CO2 emissions in OECD countries: A comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 547-556.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cai, Desmond W.H. & Adlakha, Sachin & Low, Steven H. & De Martini, Paul & Mani Chandy, K., 2013. "Impact of residential PV adoption on Retail Electricity Rates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 830-843.
- Krishnamurthy, Chandra Kiran B. & Kriström, Bengt, 2015. "A cross-country analysis of residential electricity demand in 11 OECD-countries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 68-88.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Opoku, Richard & Obeng, George Y. & Adjei, Eunice A. & Davis, Francis & Akuffo, Fred O., 2020. "Integrated system efficiency in reducing redundancy and promoting residential renewable energy in countries without net-metering: A case study of a SHS in Ghana," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 65-78.
- Maheshwari, Aditya & Heleno, Miguel & Ludkovski, Michael, 2020. "The effect of rate design on power distribution reliability considering adoption of distributed energy resources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 268(C).
- Bolwig, Simon & Bazbauers, Gatis & Klitkou, Antje & Lund, Peter D. & Blumberga, Andra & Gravelsins, Armands & Blumberga, Dagnija, 2019. "Review of modelling energy transitions pathways with application to energy system flexibility," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 440-452.
More about this item
KeywordsResidential solar PV; Positive feedback cycle; Panel data analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:122:y:2018:i:c:p:36-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.