The impact of retail rate structures on the economics of commercial photovoltaic systems in California
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas E. Hoff, 1996. "Identifying Distributed Generation and Demand Side Management Investment Opportunities," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 89-105.
- Maine, Tony & Chapman, Paul, 2007. "The value of solar: Prices and output from distributed photovoltaic generation in South Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 461-466, January.
- Duke, Richard & Williams, Robert & Payne, Adam, 2005. "Accelerating residential PV expansion: demand analysis for competitive electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1912-1929, October.
- Hoff, Thomas E & Wenger, Howard J & Farmer, Brian K, 1996. "Distributed generation : An alternative to electric utility investments in system capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 137-147, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Barbose, Galen & Wiser, Ryan H., 2014. "Customer-economics of residential photovoltaic systems (Part 1): The impact of high renewable energy penetrations on electricity bill savings with net metering," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 290-300.
- Seel, Joachim & Barbose, Galen L. & Wiser, Ryan H., 2014. "An analysis of residential PV system price differences between the United States and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 216-226.
- A. Gürhan Kök & Kevin Shang & Şafak Yücel, 2018. "Impact of Electricity Pricing Policies on Renewable Energy Investments and Carbon Emissions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(1), pages 131-148, January.
- Oliva H., Sebastian, 2017. "Residential energy efficiency and distributed generation - Natural partners or competition?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 932-940.
- Chaianong, Aksornchan & Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Bangviwat, Athikom & Menke, Christoph, 2019. "Bill saving analysis of rooftop PV customers and policy implications for Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 422-434.
- Chesser, Michael & Hanly, Jim & Cassells, Damien & Apergis, Nicholas, 2018. "The positive feedback cycle in the electricity market: Residential solar PV adoption, electricity demand and prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 36-44.
- Ren, Zhengen & Grozev, George & Higgins, Andrew, 2016. "Modelling impact of PV battery systems on energy consumption and bill savings of Australian houses under alternative tariff structures," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 317-330.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Barbose, Galen & Zuboy, Jarett & Gagnon, Pieter J. & Mills, Andrew D. & Bird, Lori, 2020. "Demand charge savings from solar PV and energy storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Bernal-Agustín, José L., 2015. "A comparative assessment of net metering and net billing policies. Study cases for Spain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 684-694.
- Rutovitz, Jay & Oliva H., Sebastian & McIntosh, Lawrence & Langham, Ed & Teske, Sven & Atherton, Alison & Kelly, Scott, 2018. "Local network credits and local electricity trading: Results of virtual trials and the policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 324-334.
- DeBenedictis, A. & Hoff, T.E. & Price, S. & Woo, C.K., 2010. "Statistically adjusted engineering (SAE) modeling of metered roof-top photovoltaic (PV) output: California evidence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4178-4183.
- Nikolaidis, Alexandros I. & Milidonis, Andreas & Charalambous, Charalambos A., 2015. "Impact of fuel-dependent electricity retail charges on the value of net-metered PV applications in vertically integrated systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 150-160.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Barbose, Galen & Wiser, Ryan, 2011. "The impact of rate design and net metering on the bill savings from distributed PV for residential customers in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5243-5253, September.
- Gaiser, Kyle & Stroeve, Pieter, 2014. "The impact of scheduling appliances and rate structure on bill savings for net-zero energy communities: Application to West Village," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1586-1595.
- Nyholm, Emil & Odenberger, Mikael & Johnsson, Filip, 2017. "An economic assessment of distributed solar PV generation in Sweden from a consumer perspective – The impact of demand response," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 169-178.
- Oliva H., Sebastian & MacGill, Iain & Passey, Rob, 2016. "Assessing the short-term revenue impacts of residential PV systems on electricity customers, retailers and network service providers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1494-1505.
- Focacci, Antonio, 2009. "Residential plants investment appraisal subsequent to the new supporting photovoltaic economic mechanism in Italy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2710-2715, December.
- Thakur, Jagruti & Chakraborty, Basab, 2018. "Impact of increased solar penetration on bill savings of net metered residential consumers in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 776-786.
- Georgios C. Christoforidis & Ioannis P. Panapakidis & Theofilos A. Papadopoulos & Grigoris K. Papagiannis & Ioannis Koumparou & Maria Hadjipanayi & George E. Georghiou, 2016. "A Model for the Assessment of Different Net-Metering Policies," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-24, April.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Wiser, Ryan H. & Barbose, Galen & Mills, Andrew D., 2016. "Net metering and market feedback loops: Exploring the impact of retail rate design on distributed PV deployment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 713-722.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Wiser, Ryan H. & Barbose, Galen, 2016. "Customer economics of residential photovoltaic systems: Sensitivities to changes in wholesale market design and rate structures," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1459-1469.
- Rowlands, Ian H. & Kemery, Briana Paige & Beausoleil-Morrison, Ian, 2011. "Optimal solar-PV tilt angle and azimuth: An Ontario (Canada) case-study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1397-1409, March.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:4:p:262:d:67277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Zhisong & Su, Shong-Iee Ivan, 2014. "Photovoltaic supply chain coordination with strategic consumers in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 236-244.
- Jägemann, Cosima & Hagspiel, Simeon & Lindenberger, Dietmar, 2013. "The Economic Inefficiency of Grid Parity: The Case of German Photovoltaics," EWI Working Papers 2013-19, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pearce, Joshua M. & Harris, Paul J., 2007.
"Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by inducing energy conservation and distributed generation from elimination of electric utility customer charges,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6514-6525, December.
- Joshua Pearce & Paul Harris, 2007. "Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Inducing Energy Conservation and Distributed Generation from Elimination of Electric Utility Customer Charges," Post-Print hal-02120518, HAL.
- van der Vleuten, Erik & Raven, Rob, 2006. "Lock-in and change: Distributed generation in Denmark in a long-term perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3739-3748, December.
- Allan, Grant & Eromenko, Igor & Gilmartin, Michelle & Kockar, Ivana & McGregor, Peter, 2015. "The economics of distributed energy generation: A literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 543-556.
- Briguglio, Marie & Formosa, Glenn, 2017. "When households go solar: Determinants of uptake of a Photovoltaic Scheme and policy insights," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 154-162.
- Hirsch, Adam & Parag, Yael & Guerrero, Josep, 2018. "Microgrids: A review of technologies, key drivers, and outstanding issues," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 402-411.
- Celik, Ali Naci & Muneer, Tariq & Clarke, Peter, 2009. "A review of installed solar photovoltaic and thermal collector capacities in relation to solar potential for the EU-15," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 849-856.
- Andreas Welling, 2017. "Green Finance: Recent developments, characteristics and important actors," FEMM Working Papers 170002, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Lee, Amy H.I. & Chen, Hsing Hung & Kang, He-Yau, 2011. "A model to analyze strategic products for photovoltaic silicon thin-film solar cell power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1271-1283, February.
- Dominique Finon, 2008. "L'inadéquation du mode de subvention du photovoltaïque à sa maturité technologique," Working Papers hal-00866415, HAL.
- Detroja, Ketan P., 2016. "Optimal autonomous microgrid operation: A holistic view," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 320-330.
- John Foster & Liam Wagner & Liam Byrnes, 2014. "A Review of Distributed Generation for Rural and Remote Area Electrification," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 3-2014, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Robinson, Scott A. & Rai, Varun, 2015. "Determinants of spatio-temporal patterns of energy technology adoption: An agent-based modeling approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 273-284.
- Bhutto, Abdul Waheed & Bazmi, Aqeel Ahmed & Zahedi, Gholamreza, 2012. "Greener energy: Issues and challenges for Pakistan—Solar energy prospective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2762-2780.
- Beau Warbroek & Thomas Hoppe, 2017. "Modes of Governing and Policy of Local and Regional Governments Supporting Local Low-Carbon Energy Initiatives; Exploring the Cases of the Dutch Regions of Overijssel and Fryslân," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Poudineh, Rahmatallah & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2014.
"Distributed generation, storage, demand response and energy efficiency as alternatives to grid capacity enhancement,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 222-231.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh & Tooraj Jamasb, 2013. "Distributed Generation Storage, Demand Response, and Energy Efficiency as Alternatives to Grid Capacity Enhancement," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1356, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh & Tooraj Jamasb, 2013. "Distributed Generation, Storage, Demand Response, and Energy Efficiency as Alternatives to Grid Capacity Enhancement," Working Papers EPRG 1331, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Malik, Arif S. & Sumaoy, Cecilio U., 2003. "A case study of local integrated resource planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 711-720.
- O'Shaughnessy, Eric, 2019. "Non-monotonic effects of market concentration on prices for residential solar photovoltaics in the United States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 182-191.
- Hussein Jumma Jabir & Jiashen Teh & Dahaman Ishak & Hamza Abunima, 2018. "Impacts of Demand-Side Management on Electrical Power Systems: A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-19, April.
- Hernández-Moro, J. & Martínez-Duart, J.M., 2013. "Analytical model for solar PV and CSP electricity costs: Present LCOE values and their future evolution," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 119-132.
- Perez, Richard & Zweibel, Ken & Hoff, Thomas E., 2011. "Solar power generation in the US: Too expensive, or a bargain?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7290-7297.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:9:p:3266-3277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.