When households go solar: Determinants of uptake of a Photovoltaic Scheme and policy insights
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fokaides, Paris A. & Kylili, Angeliki, 2014. "Towards grid parity in insular energy systems: The case of photovoltaics (PV) in Cyprus," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 223-228.
- Faiers, Adam & Neame, Charles, 2006. "Consumer attitudes towards domestic solar power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1797-1806, September.
- Gadenne, David & Sharma, Bishnu & Kerr, Don & Smith, Tim, 2011. "The influence of consumers' environmental beliefs and attitudes on energy saving behaviours," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7684-7694.
- Pyrgou, Andri & Kylili, Angeliki & Fokaides, Paris A., 2016. "The future of the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme in Europe: The case of photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 94-102.
- Jenner, Steffen & Groba, Felix & Indvik, Joe, 2013.
"Assessing the strength and effectiveness of renewable electricity feed-in tariffs in European Union countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 385-401.
- Felix Groba & Joe Indvik & Steffen Jenner, 2011. "Assessing the Strength and Effectiveness of Renewable Electricity Feed-in Tariffs in European Union Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1176, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zhai, Pei & Williams, Eric D., 2012. "Analyzing consumer acceptance of photovoltaics (PV) using fuzzy logic model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 350-357.
- Zorić, Jelena & Hrovatin, Nevenka, 2012. "Household willingness to pay for green electricity in Slovenia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 180-187.
- Solangi, K.H. & Islam, M.R. & Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Fayaz, H., 2011. "A review on global solar energy policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 2149-2163, May.
- Kwan, Calvin Lee, 2012. "Influence of local environmental, social, economic and political variables on the spatial distribution of residential solar PV arrays across the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 332-344.
- Bauner, Christoph & Crago, Christine L., 2015. "Adoption of residential solar power under uncertainty: Implications for renewable energy incentives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 27-35.
- Dupont, Diane P. & Bateman, Ian J., 2012. "Political affiliation and willingness to pay: An examination of the nature of benefits and means of provision," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 43-51.
- Haas, Reinhard & Panzer, Christian & Resch, Gustav & Ragwitz, Mario & Reece, Gemma & Held, Anne, 2011. "A historical review of promotion strategies for electricity from renewable energy sources in EU countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1003-1034, February.
- Kylili, Angeliki & Fokaides, Paris A., 2015. "Competitive auction mechanisms for the promotion renewable energy technologies: The case of the 50MW photovoltaics projects in Cyprus," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 226-233.
- Hsu, Chiung-Wen, 2012. "Using a system dynamics model to assess the effects of capital subsidies and feed-in tariffs on solar PV installations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 205-217.
- Duke, Richard & Williams, Robert & Payne, Adam, 2005. "Accelerating residential PV expansion: demand analysis for competitive electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1912-1929, October.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Lange, Ian & Moro, Mirko & Rahman, Mohammad, 2014.
"Policy Labels and Investment Decision-making,"
Stirling Economics Discussion Papers
2014-01, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Ian Lange & Mirko Moro & Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman, 2014. "Policy Labels and Investment Decision-making," Working Papers 2014-02, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Lange, Ian & Moro, Mirko & Rahman, Mohammad Mahbubur, 2014. "Policy Labels and Investment Decision-making," SIRE Discussion Papers 2014-005, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bryan Bollinger & Kenneth Gillingham, 2012. "Peer Effects in the Diffusion of Solar Photovoltaic Panels," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 900-912, November.
- Burns, John Edward & Kang, Jin-Su, 2012. "Comparative economic analysis of supporting policies for residential solar PV in the United States: Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC) potential," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 217-225.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 2007. "Do greens drive Hummers or hybrids? Environmental ideology as a determinant of consumer choice," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 129-145, September.
- Torgler, Benno & Garcia-Valinas, Maria A., 2007.
"The determinants of individuals' attitudes towards preventing environmental damage,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 536-552, August.
- Benno Torgler & Maria A. Garcia-Valiñas, 2005. "The Determinants of Individuals’ Attitudes Towards Preventing Environmental Damage," Working Papers 2005.110, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013.
"Energy Conservation “Nudges” And Environmentalist Ideology: Evidence From A Randomized Residential Electricity Field Experiment,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 680-702, June.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2010. "Energy Conservation "Nudges" and Environmentalist Ideology: Evidence from a Randomized Residential Electricity Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 15939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Moore, Michael R., 2007.
"Private provision of environmental public goods: Household participation in green-electricity programs,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Michael R. Moore, 2004. "Private Provision of Environmental Public Goods: Household Participation in Green-Electricity Programs," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Nidhi Tewathia, 2014. "Determinants of the Household Electricity Consumption: A Case Study of Delhi," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 337-348.
- Sardianou, E. & Genoudi, P., 2013. "Which factors affect the willingness of consumers to adopt renewable energies?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-4.
- Brudermann, Thomas & Reinsberger, Kathrin & Orthofer, Anita & Kislinger, Martin & Posch, Alfred, 2013. "Photovoltaics in agriculture: A case study on decision making of farmers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 96-103.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
- Labay, Duncan G & Kinnear, Thomas C, 1981. " Exploring the Consumer Decision Process in the Adoption of Solar Energy Systems," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 271-278, December.
- Welsch, Heinz & Kühling, Jan, 2009. "Determinants of pro-environmental consumption: The role of reference groups and routine behavior," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 166-176, November.
- Erdinc, Ozan & Paterakis, Nikolaos G. & Catalão, João P.S., 2015. "Overview of insular power systems under increasing penetration of renewable energy sources: Opportunities and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 333-346.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Onyeji, Ijeoma & Liebreich, Michael & MacGill, Ian & Chase, Jennifer & Shah, Jigar & Gielen, Dolf & Arent, Doug & Landfear, Doug & Zhengrong, Shi, 2013. "Re-considering the economics of photovoltaic power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 329-338.
- Cherrington, R. & Goodship, V. & Longfield, A. & Kirwan, K., 2013. "The feed-in tariff in the UK: A case study focus on domestic photovoltaic systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 421-426.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:123:y:2018:i:c:p:737-748 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:119:y:2018:i:c:p:429-438 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSolar; Household; Scheme; Energy; Determinants;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:154-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.