Distributed Generation Storage, Demand Response, and Energy Efficiency as Alternatives to Grid Capacity Enhancement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Poudineh, Rahmatallah & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2014. "Distributed generation, storage, demand response and energy efficiency as alternatives to grid capacity enhancement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 222-231.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newbery, David M., 2003. "Network capacity auctions: promise and problems," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 27-32, March.
- Cappers, Peter & Mills, Andrew & Goldman, Charles & Wiser, Ryan & Eto, Joseph H., 2012. "An assessment of the role mass market demand response could play in contributing to the management of variable generation integration issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 420-429.
- Vogel, Philip, 2009. "Efficient investment signals for distributed generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3665-3672, September.
- Fabra, Natalia & von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik & Harbord, David, 2002. "Modeling Electricity Auctions," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 72-81.
- Jamasb, T. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M., 2005. "Long-term Framework for Electricity Distribution Access Charges," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0551, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Schroeder, Andreas, 2011. "Modeling storage and demand management in power distribution grids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 4700-4712.
- Hoff, Thomas E & Wenger, Howard J & Farmer, Brian K, 1996. "Distributed generation : An alternative to electric utility investments in system capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 137-147, February.
- Soares, J. & Silva, M. & Sousa, T. & Vale, Z. & Morais, H., 2012. "Distributed energy resource short-term scheduling using Signaled Particle Swarm Optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 466-476.
- Grünewald, Philipp & Cockerill, Tim & Contestabile, Marcello & Pearson, Peter, 2011. "The role of large scale storage in a GB low carbon energy future: Issues and policy challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4807-4815, September.
- Sheikhi Fini, A. & Parsa Moghaddam, M. & Sheikh-El-Eslami, M.K., 2013. "An investigation on the impacts of regulatory support schemes on distributed energy resource expansion planning," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 339-349.
- Zafirakis, Dimitrios & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Baiocchi, Giovanni & Daskalakis, George, 2013. "Modeling of financial incentives for investments in energy storage systems that promote the large-scale integration of wind energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 138-154.
- Rego, Erik Eduardo, 2013. "Reserve price: Lessons learned from Brazilian electricity procurement auctions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 217-223.
- Luiz T. A. Maurer & Luiz A. Barroso, 2011. "Electricity Auctions : An Overview of Efficient Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2346.
- Zou, Xiaoyan, 2009. "Double-sided auction mechanism design in electricity based on maximizing social welfare," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4231-4239, November.
- Jamasb, T. & Marantes, C., 2011. "Electricity Distribution Networks: Investment and Regulation, and Uncertain Demand," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1115, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paterakis, Nikolaos G. & Erdinç, Ozan & Catalão, João P.S., 2017. "An overview of Demand Response: Key-elements and international experience," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 871-891.
- Kaschub, Thomas & Jochem, Patrick & Fichtner, Wolf, 2016. "Solar energy storage in German households: profitability, load changes and flexibility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 520-532.
- Good, Nicholas & Ellis, Keith A. & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2017. "Review and classification of barriers and enablers of demand response in the smart grid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 57-72.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:638-650 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steen, David & Stadler, Michael & Cardoso, Gonçalo & Groissböck, Markus & DeForest, Nicholas & Marnay, Chris, 2015. "Modeling of thermal storage systems in MILP distributed energy resource models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 782-792.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:367-379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Yingqi, 2017. "Demand response and energy efficiency in the capacity resource procurement: Case studies of forward capacity markets in ISO New England, PJM and Great Britain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 271-282.
- Yazdanie, Mashael & Densing, Martin & Wokaun, Alexander, 2016. "The role of decentralized generation and storage technologies in future energy systems planning for a rural agglomeration in Switzerland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 432-445.
- Schachter, Jonathan A. & Mancarella, Pierluigi & Moriarty, John & Shaw, Rita, 2016. "Flexible investment under uncertainty in smart distribution networks with demand side response: Assessment framework and practical implementation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 439-449.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:12:p:2107-:d:122453 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nijhuis, M. & Gibescu, M. & Cobben, J.F.G., 2015. "Assessment of the impacts of the renewable energy and ICT driven energy transition on distribution networks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1003-1014.
- Després, Jacques & Mima, Silvana & Kitous, Alban & Criqui, Patrick & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Noirot, Isabelle, 2017.
"Storage as a flexibility option in power systems with high shares of variable renewable energy sources: a POLES-based analysis,"
Elsevier, pages 638-650.
- Jacques Després & Silvana Mima & Alban Kitous & Patrick Criqui & Nouredine Hadjsaid & Isabelle Noirot, 2017. "Storage as a flexibility option in power systems with high shares of variable renewable energy sources: a POLES-based analysis," Post-Print hal-01301662, HAL.
- repec:eee:renene:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:989-998 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schachter, J.A. & Mancarella, P., 2016. "A critical review of Real Options thinking for valuing investment flexibility in Smart Grids and low carbon energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 261-271.
- Poudineh, Rahmatallah & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2016. "Determinants of investment under incentive regulation: The case of the Norwegian electricity distribution networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 193-202.
- Paulo Moisés Costa & Nuno Bento & Vítor Marques, 2014. "Dealing with Technological Risk in a Regulatory Context: The Case of Smart Grids," GEMF Working Papers 2014-11, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Zhou, Kaile & Yang, Shanlin, 2015. "Demand side management in China: The context of China’s power industry reform," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 954-965.
- repec:eee:energy:v:134:y:2017:i:c:p:850-863 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDistributed generation; storage; demand response; network regulation; business model;
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-12-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2013-12-29 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:1356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .