Integrated system efficiency in reducing redundancy and promoting residential renewable energy in countries without net-metering: A case study of a SHS in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thakur, Jagruti & Chakraborty, Basab, 2018. "Impact of increased solar penetration on bill savings of net metered residential consumers in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 776-786.
- Shi, Xing & Tian, Zhichao & Chen, Wenqiang & Si, Binghui & Jin, Xing, 2016. "A review on building energy efficient design optimization rom the perspective of architects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 872-884.
- Damari, Yuval & Kissinger, Meidad, 2018. "An integrated analysis of households' electricity consumption in Israel," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 51-58.
- Huang, Bin-Juine & Hou, Tung-Fu & Hsu, Po-Chien & Lin, Tse-Han & Chen, Yan-Tze & Chen, Chi-Wen & Li, Kang & Lee, K.Y., 2016. "Design of direct solar PV driven air conditioner," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 95-101.
- Zubi, Ghassan & Fracastoro, Gian Vincenzo & Lujano-Rojas, Juan M. & El Bakari, Khalil & Andrews, David, 2019. "The unlocked potential of solar home systems; an effective way to overcome domestic energy poverty in developing regions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 1425-1435.
- Ye, Yuxiang & Koch, Steven F. & Zhang, Jiangfeng, 2018. "Determinants of household electricity consumption in South Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 120-133.
- Gautier, Axel & Hoet, Brieuc & Jacqmin, Julien & Van Driessche, Sarah, 2019.
"Self-consumption choice of residential PV owners under net-metering,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 648-653.
- Axel Gautier & Brieuc Hoet & Julien Jacqmin & Sarah Van Driessche, 2019. "Self-consumption choice of residential PV Owners under net-metering," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2991, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bruck, Maira & Sandborn, Peter & Goudarzi, Navid, 2018. "A Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) model for wind farms that include Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 131-139.
- Londo, Marc & Matton, Robin & Usmani, Omar & van Klaveren, Marieke & Tigchelaar, Casper & Brunsting, Suzanne, 2020. "Alternatives for current net metering policy for solar PV in the Netherlands: A comparison of impacts on business case and purchasing behaviour of private homeowners, and on governmental costs," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(P1), pages 903-915.
- Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Junlakarn, Siripha & Wibulpolprasert, Wichsinee & Chaianong, Aksornchan & Kokchang, Phimsupha & Hoang, Nghia Vu, 2019. "The economics of solar PV self-consumption in Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 395-408.
- Chesser, Michael & Hanly, Jim & Cassells, Damien & Apergis, Nicholas, 2018. "The positive feedback cycle in the electricity market: Residential solar PV adoption, electricity demand and prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 36-44.
- Pillot, Benjamin & Muselli, Marc & Poggi, Philippe & Dias, João Batista, 2019. "Historical trends in global energy policy and renewable power system issues in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of solar PV," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 113-124.
- Sharma, Vanika & Haque, Mohammed H. & Aziz, Syed Mahfuzul, 2019. "Energy cost minimization for net zero energy homes through optimal sizing of battery storage system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 278-286.
- Feng, Yu & Hao, Weiping & Li, Haoru & Cui, Ningbo & Gong, Daozhi & Gao, Lili, 2020. "Machine learning models to quantify and map daily global solar radiation and photovoltaic power," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
- Hachicha, Ahmed Amine & Al-Sawafta, Israa & Said, Zafar, 2019. "Impact of dust on the performance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems under United Arab Emirates weather conditions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 287-297.
- Thakur, Jagruti & Rauner, Sebastian & Darghouth, Naïm R. & Chakraborty, Basab, 2018. "Exploring the impact of increased solar deployment levels on residential electricity bills in India," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 512-523.
- Savvides, Andreas & Vassiliades, Constantinos & Michael, Aimilios & Kalogirou, Soteris, 2019. "Siting and building-massing considerations for the urban integration of active solar energy systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 963-974.
- Lappalainen, Kari & Valkealahti, Seppo, 2017. "Output power variation of different PV array configurations during irradiance transitions caused by moving clouds," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 902-910.
- Koumparou, Ioannis & Christoforidis, Georgios C. & Efthymiou, Venizelos & Papagiannis, Grigoris K. & Georghiou, George E., 2017. "Configuring residential PV net-metering policies – A focus on the Mediterranean region," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 795-812.
- Paulescu, Marius & Brabec, Marek & Boata, Remus & Badescu, Viorel, 2017. "Structured, physically inspired (gray box) models versus black box modeling for forecasting the output power of photovoltaic plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 792-802.
- Cao, Sunliang & Sirén, Kai, 2014. "Impact of simulation time-resolution on the matching of PV production and household electric demand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 192-208.
- Johnson, Erik & Beppler, Ross & Blackburn, Chris & Staver, Benjamin & Brown, Marilyn & Matisoff, Daniel, 2017. "Peak shifting and cross-class subsidization: The impacts of solar PV on changes in electricity costs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 436-444.
- Georgiou, Giorgos S. & Christodoulides, Paul & Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2019. "Real-time energy convex optimization, via electrical storage, in buildings – A review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 1355-1365.
- Chaianong, Aksornchan & Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Bangviwat, Athikom & Menke, Christoph, 2019. "Bill saving analysis of rooftop PV customers and policy implications for Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 422-434.
- Comello, Stephen & Reichelstein, Stefan, 2017. "Cost competitiveness of residential solar PV: The impact of net metering restrictions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 46-57.
- Tayal, Dev & Evers, Uwana, 2018. "Consumer preferences and electricity pricing reform in Western Australia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 115-124.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hidayatno, Akhmad & Setiawan, Andri D. & Wikananda Supartha, I Made & Moeis, Armand O. & Rahman, Irvanu & Widiono, Eddie, 2020. "Investigating policies on improving household rooftop photovoltaics adoption in Indonesia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 731-742.
- Gautier, Axel & Jacqmin, Julien & Poudou, Jean-Christophe, 2021.
"Optimal grid tariffs with heterogeneous prosumers,"
Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Axel Gautier & Julien Jacqmin & Jean-Christophe Poudou, 2020. "Optimal grid tariffs with heterogeneous prosumers [Tarification optimale des réseaux en présence de prosommateurs hétérogènes]," Post-Print hal-02988150, HAL.
- Alessandro Burgio & Daniele Menniti & Nicola Sorrentino & Anna Pinnarelli & Zbigniew Leonowicz, 2020. "Influence and Impact of Data Averaging and Temporal Resolution on the Assessment of Energetic, Economic and Technical Issues of Hybrid Photovoltaic-Battery Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-26, January.
- Chaianong, Aksornchan & Bangviwat, Athikom & Menke, Christoph & Breitschopf, Barbara & Eichhammer, Wolfgang, 2020. "Customer economics of residential PV–battery systems in Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 297-308.
- Mihaylov, Mihail & Rădulescu, Roxana & Razo-Zapata, Iván & Jurado, Sergio & Arco, Leticia & Avellana, Narcís & Nowé, Ann, 2019. "Comparing stakeholder incentives across state-of-the-art renewable support mechanisms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 689-699.
- Heleno, Miguel & Sehloff, David & Coelho, Antonio & Valenzuela, Alan, 2020. "Probabilistic impact of electricity tariffs on distribution grids considering adoption of solar and storage technologies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 279(C).
- Jiménez-Castillo, G. & Muñoz-Rodriguez, F.J. & Rus-Casas, C. & Talavera, D.L., 2020. "A new approach based on economic profitability to sizing the photovoltaic generator in self-consumption systems without storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 1017-1033.
- Suntiti Yoomak & Theerasak Patcharoen & Atthapol Ngaopitakkul, 2019. "Performance and Economic Evaluation of Solar Rooftop Systems in Different Regions of Thailand," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-20, November.
- Aksornchan Chaianong & Athikom Bangviwat & Christoph Menke & Naïm R. Darghouth, 2019. "Cost–Benefit Analysis of Rooftop PV Systems on Utilities and Ratepayers in Thailand," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(12), pages 1-26, June.
- Kirsten Gram-Hanssen & Anders Rhiger Hansen & Mette Mechlenborg, 2020. "Danish PV Prosumers’ Time-Shifting of Energy-Consuming Everyday Practices," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-19, May.
- Felipe Moraes do Nascimento & Julio Cezar Mairesse Siluk & Fernando de Souza Savian & Taís Bisognin Garlet & José Renes Pinheiro & Carlos Ramos, 2020. "Factors for Measuring Photovoltaic Adoption from the Perspective of Operators," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-29, April.
- Wu, Jing & Zhang, Ling & Liu, Zhongbing & Luo, Yongqiang & Wu, Zhenghong & Wang, Pengcheng, 2020. "Experimental and theoretical study on the performance of semi-transparent photovoltaic glazing façade under shaded conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 207(C).
- Pereira da Silva, Patrícia & Dantas, Guilherme & Pereira, Guillermo Ivan & Câmara, Lorrane & De Castro, Nivalde J., 2019. "Photovoltaic distributed generation – An international review on diffusion, support policies, and electricity sector regulatory adaptation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 30-39.
- Ferdowsi, Farzad & Mehraeen, Shahab & Upton, Gregory B., 2020. "Assessing distribution network sensitivity to voltage rise and flicker under high penetration of behind-the-meter solar," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 1227-1240.
- Ramallo-González, Alfonso P. & Loonen, Roel & Tomat, Valentina & Zamora, Miguel Ángel & Surugin, Dmitry & Hensen, Jan, 2020. "Nomograms for de-complexing the dimensioning of off-grid PV systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 162-172.
- Ahmed, R. & Sreeram, V. & Mishra, Y. & Arif, M.D., 2020. "A review and evaluation of the state-of-the-art in PV solar power forecasting: Techniques and optimization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 124(C).
- Waibel, Christoph & Evins, Ralph & Carmeliet, Jan, 2019. "Co-simulation and optimization of building geometry and multi-energy systems: Interdependencies in energy supply, energy demand and solar potentials," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1661-1682.
- Shao, Nina & Ma, Liangdong & Zhang, Jili, 2020. "Experimental investigation on the performance of direct-expansion roof-PV/T heat pump system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C).
- Castaneda, Monica & Jimenez, Maritza & Zapata, Sebastian & Franco, Carlos J. & Dyner, Isaac, 2017. "Myths and facts of the utility death spiral," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 105-116.
- Shi, Xin & Ming, Hao & Shakkottai, Srinivas & Xie, Le & Yao, Jianguo, 2019. "Nonintrusive load monitoring in residential households with low-resolution data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar home systems; Integrated system efficiency; Cost savings; Net-metering; Redundancy factor;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:155:y:2020:i:c:p:65-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.