Domestic application of solar PV systems in Ireland: The reality of their economic viability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demiroren, A. & Yilmaz, U., 2010. "Analysis of change in electric energy cost with using renewable energy sources in Gökceada, Turkey: An island example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 323-333, January.
- Khan, M.J. & Iqbal, M.T., 2005. "Pre-feasibility study of stand-alone hybrid energy systems for applications in Newfoundland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 835-854.
- Kelleher, J. & Ringwood, J.V., 2009. "A computational tool for evaluating the economics of solar and wind microgeneration of electricity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 401-409.
- Rourke, Fergal O. & Boyle, Fergal & Reynolds, Anthony, 2009. "Renewable energy resources and technologies applicable to Ireland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 1975-1984, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Li, Zhe & Boyle, Fergal & Reynolds, Anthony, 2012. "Domestic application of micro wind turbines in Ireland: Investigation of their economic viability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 64-74.
- Padrón, Isidro & Avila, Deivis & Marichal, Graciliano N. & Rodríguez, José A., 2019. "Assessment of Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems to supplied energy to Autonomous Desalination Systems in two islands of the Canary Archipelago," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 221-230.
- Mudasser, Muhammad & Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Corscadden, Kenneth, 2015. "Cost-benefit analysis of grid-connected wind–biogas hybrid energy production, by turbine capacity and site," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 573-582.
- Ismail, M.S. & Moghavvemi, M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Muttaqi, K.M. & Moghavvemi, S., 2015. "Effective utilization of excess energy in standalone hybrid renewable energy systems for improving comfort ability and reducing cost of energy: A review and analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 726-734.
- Dursun, Bahtiyar, 2012. "Determination of the optimum hybrid renewable power generating systems for Kavakli campus of Kirklareli University, Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 6183-6190.
- Li, Zhe & Reynolds, Anthony & Boyle, Fergal, 2014. "Domestic integration of micro-renewable electricity generation in Ireland – The current status and economic reality," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 244-254.
- William E., Lilley & Luke J., Reedman & Liam D., Wagner & Colin F., Alie & Anthony R., Szatow, 2012.
"An economic evaluation of the potential for distributed energy in Australia,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 277-289.
- William Lilley & Luke Reedman & Liam Wagner & Colin Alie & Anthony Szatow, 2012. "An economic evaluation of the potential for distributed energy in Australia," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 16, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Asrari, Arash & Ghasemi, Abolfazl & Javidi, Mohammad Hossein, 2012. "Economic evaluation of hybrid renewable energy systems for rural electrification in Iran—A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 3123-3130.
- Park, Eunil & Kwon, Sang Jib, 2016. "Solutions for optimizing renewable power generation systems at Kyung-Hee University׳s Global Campus, South Korea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 439-449.
- Fazelpour, Farivar & Soltani, Nima & Rosen, Marc A., 2014. "Feasibility of satisfying electrical energy needs with hybrid systems for a medium-size hotel on Kish Island, Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 856-865.
- Ghasemi, Abolfazl & Asrari, Arash & Zarif, Mahdi & Abdelwahed, Sherif, 2013. "Techno-economic analysis of stand-alone hybrid photovoltaic–diesel–battery systems for rural electrification in eastern part of Iran—A step toward sustainable rural development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 456-462.
- Kubik, M.L. & Coker, P.J. & Hunt, C., 2012. "The role of conventional generation in managing variability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 253-261.
- Selin Kocaman, Ayse & Abad, Carlos & Troy, Tara J. & Tim Huh, Woonghee & Modi, Vijay, 2016. "A stochastic model for a macroscale hybrid renewable energy system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 688-703.
- Yasser Maklad, 2014. "Quantification and Costing of Domestic Electricity Generation for Armidale, New South Wales, Australia Utilising Micro Wind Turbines," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 208-219.
- Nadia Belmonte & Carlo Luetto & Stefano Staulo & Paola Rizzi & Marcello Baricco, 2017. "Case Studies of Energy Storage with Fuel Cells and Batteries for Stationary and Mobile Applications," Challenges, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Velo, R. & Osorio, L. & Fernández, M.D. & Rodríguez, M.R., 2014. "An economic analysis of a stand-alone and grid-connected cattle farm," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 883-890.
- Jaszczur, Marek & Hassan, Qusay & Palej, Patryk & Abdulateef, Jasim, 2020. "Multi-Objective optimisation of a micro-grid hybrid power system for household application," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 202(C).
- Deveci, Muhammet & Cali, Umit & Kucuksari, Sadik & Erdogan, Nuh, 2020. "Interval type-2 fuzzy sets based multi-criteria decision-making model for offshore wind farm development in Ireland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Chen, Yen-Haw & Lu, Su-Ying & Chang, Yung-Ruei & Lee, Ta-Tung & Hu, Ming-Che, 2013. "Economic analysis and optimal energy management models for microgrid systems: A case study in Taiwan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 145-154.
- Rajvikram Madurai Elavarasan & G. M. Shafiullah & Nallapaneni Manoj Kumar & Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban, 2019. "A State-of-the-Art Review on the Drive of Renewables in Gujarat, State of India: Present Situation, Barriers and Future Initiatives," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(1), pages 1-30, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy; Solar energy; Solar PV system; Economic viability; Sustainable living; Ireland;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:36:y:2011:i:10:p:5865-5876. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.