Cost efficiency and optimal scale of electricity distribution firms in Taiwan: An application of metafrontier analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Growitsch & Tooraj Jamasb & Michael Pollitt, 2009.
"Quality of service, efficiency and scale in network industries: an analysis of European electricity distribution,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(20), pages 2555-2570.
- Christian Growitsch & Tooraj Jamasb & Michael Pollitt, 2005. "Quality of Service, Efficiency and Scale in Network Industries: An analysis of European electricity distribution," Working Papers EPRG 0504, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael G., 2005. "Quality of Service, Efficiency, and Scale in Network Industries: An Analysis of European Electricity Distribution," IWH Discussion Papers 3/2005, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Christian Growitsch & Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2005. "Quality of Service, Efficiency and Scale in Network Industries: An analysis of European electricity distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0538, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Schankerman, Mark & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1986. "A test of static equilibrium models and rates of return to quasi-fixed factors, with an application to the Bell system," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 97-118.
- Chen, Tser-yieth, 2002. "An assessment of technical efficiency and cross-efficiency in Taiwan's electricity distribution sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 421-433, March.
- PER AGRELL & Peter Bogetoft & Jørgen Tind, 2005.
"DEA and Dynamic Yardstick Competition in Scandinavian Electricity Distribution,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 173-201, May.
- AGRELL, Per J. & BOGETOFT, Peter & TIND, Jorgen, 2005. "DEA and dynamic yardstick competition in Scandinavian electricity distribution," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1837, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2004.
"Regulation and Measuring Cost-Efficiency with Panel Data Models: Application to Electricity Distribution Utilities,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2003. "Regulation and Measuring Cost Efficiency with Panel Data Models: Application to Electricity Distribution Utilities," CEPE Working paper series 03-19, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Giannakis, Dimitrios & Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Benchmarking and incentive regulation of quality of service: an application to the UK electricity distribution networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2256-2271, November.
- George E. Battese & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2002. "Technology Gap, Efficiency, and a Stochastic Metafrontier Function," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 87-93, August.
- Bagdadioglu, Necmiddin & Waddams Price, Catherine M. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1996. "Efficiency and ownership in electricity distribution: A non-parametric model of the Turkish experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-23, April.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hrovatin, Nevenka & Zoric, Jelena, 2004.
"Efficiency and regulation of the Slovenian electricity distribution companies,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 335-344, February.
- Massimo Filippini & Nevenka Hrovatin & Jelena Zoric, 2002. "Efficiency and Regulation of the Slovenian Electricity Distribution Companies," CEPE Working paper series 02-14, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Christopher J. O'Donnell & George E. Battese, 2003. "Metafrontier Functions for the Study of Inter-regional Productivity Differences," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Toru Hattori, 2002. "Relative Performance of U.S. and Japanese Electricity Distribution: An Application of Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 269-284, November.
- Burns, Philip & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G, 1996. "Cost Functions and Cost Efficiency in Electricity Distribution: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 41-64, January.
- Pacudan, Romeo & de Guzman, Elaine, 2002. "Impact of energy efficiency policy to productive efficiency of electricity distribution industry in the Philippines," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 41-54, January.
- Nelson, Randy A., 1985. "Returns to scale from variable and total cost functions : Evidence from the electric power industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 271-276.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Erbetta, Fabrizio & Rappuoli, Luca, 2008. "Optimal scale in the Italian gas distribution industry using data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 325-336, April.
- Christopher O’Donnell & D. Rao & George Battese, 2008. "Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2003. "International benchmarking and regulation: an application to European electricity distribution utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1609-1622, December.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Lau, Lawrence J. & Yotopoulos, Pan A., 1989. "The meta-production function approach to technological change in world agriculture," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 241-269, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sombat Singkharat & Aree Wiboonpongse & Yaovarate Chaovanapoonphol, 2012. "Efficiency of improved peeled longan drying technology in Thailand: A metafrontier approach," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 1(3), pages 19-32, September.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Chen, Zhongfei & Managi, Shunsuke & Antunes, Olinda Sequeira, 2013. "Examining the cost efficiency of Chinese hydroelectric companies using a finite mixture model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 511-517.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Orea, Luis & Pollitt, Michael, 2012.
"Estimating the marginal cost of quality improvements: The case of the UK electricity distribution companies,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1498-1506.
- Jamasb, T. & Orea, L. & Pollitt, M.G., 2010. "Estimating Marginal Cost of Quality Improvements: The Case of the UK Electricity Distribution Companies," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1052, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Orea, Luis & Pollit, Michael G., 2010. "Estimating Marginal Cost of Quality Improvements: The Case of the UK Electricity Distribution Companies," Efficiency Series Papers 2010/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Tooraj Jamasb & Luis Orea & Michael G. Pollitt, 2010. "Estimating Marginal Cost of Quality Improvements: The Case of the UK Electricity Distribution Companies," Working Papers EPRG 1027, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Luqi Wang & Xiaolong Xue & Yue Shi & Zeyu Wang & Ankang Ji, 2018. "A Dynamic Analysis to Evaluate the Environmental Performance of Cities in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-16, March.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Feng, Chao, 2015. "Sources of production inefficiency and productivity growth in China: A global data envelopment analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 380-389.
- Wang, Qunwei & Chiu, Yung-Ho & Chiu, Ching-Ren, 2017. "Non-radial metafrontier approach to identify carbon emission performance and intensity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 664-672.
- Chiu, Ching-Ren & Liou, Je-Liang & Wu, Pei-Ing & Fang, Chen-Ling, 2012. "Decomposition of the environmental inefficiency of the meta-frontier with undesirable output," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1392-1399.
- Oh, Dong-hyun, 2015. "Productivity growth, technical change and economies of scale of Korean fossil-fuel generation companies, 2001–2012: A dual approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 113-121.
- Zhang, Ning & Choi, Yongrok, 2013. "Total-factor carbon emission performance of fossil fuel power plants in China: A metafrontier non-radial Malmquist index analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 549-559.
- Li, Hong-Zhou & Kopsakangas-Savolainen, Maria & Xiao, Xing-Zhi & Lau, Sim-Yee, 2017. "Have regulatory reforms improved the efficiency levels of the Japanese electricity distribution sector? A cost metafrontier-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 606-616.
- Chung, Yeimin & Heshmati, Almas, 2013. "Measurement of Environmentally Sensitive Productivity Growth in Korean Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 7235, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Ruto, Eric, 2011. "Technical efficiency and technology gaps in beef cattle production systems in Kenya: A stochastic metafrontier analysis," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108947, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Arjomandi, Amir & Dakpo, K. Hervé & Seufert, Juergen Heinz, 2018. "Have Asian airlines caught up with European Airlines? A by-production efficiency analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 389-403.
- Chen, Zhongfei & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Borges, Maria Rosa, 2015. "A Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis of Chinese fossil-fuel electricity generation companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 136-144.
- Fu, Tsu-Tan & Juo, Jia-Ching & Chiang, Han-Chin & Yu, Ming-Miin & Huang, Mei-ying, 2016. "Risk-based decompositions of the meta profit efficiency of Taiwanese and Chinese banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 34-46.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:37:y:2019:i:2:p:332-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chiu, Yung-ho & Luo, Zhengying & Chen, Yu-Chuan & Wang, Zebin & Tsai, Min-Pei, 2013. "A comparison of operating performance management between Taiwan banks and foreign banks based on the Meta-Hybrid DEA model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 433-439.
- Hwang, Won-Sik & Lee, Jeong-Dong, 2013. "Profitability and productivity changes in the Korean electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 531-542.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency Electricity distribution Metafrontier Optimal scale;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:1:p:15-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.