An assessment of technical efficiency and cross-efficiency in Taiwan's electricity distribution sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bagdadioglu, Necmiddin & Waddams Price, Catherine M. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1996. "Efficiency and ownership in electricity distribution: A non-parametric model of the Turkish experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-23, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Veiderpass, Ann, 1992. " Productivity in Swedish Electricity Retail Distribution," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 193-205, Supplemen.
- Claggett, E. Jr. & Hollas, Daniel R. & Stansell, Stanley R., 1995. "The effects of ownership form on profit maximization and cost minimization behavior within municipal and cooperative electrical distribution utilities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(35), pages 533-550.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-122, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1991. "Productive efficiency in a regulated industry : The area electricity boards of England and Wales," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 116-122, April.
- Burns, Philip & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G, 1996. "Cost Functions and Cost Efficiency in Electricity Distribution: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 41-64, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Førsund, Finn, 2015. "Economic Perspectives on DEA," Memorandum 10/2015, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Zakaria, Muhammad & Noureen, Rabia, 2016. "Benchmarking and regulation of power distribution companies in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1095-1099.
- Ramón, Nuria & Ruiz, José L. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 2010. "On the choice of weights profiles in cross-efficiency evaluations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1564-1572, December.
- Ke Wang & Jieming Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "Operational and environmental performance in China¡¯s thermal power industry: Taking an effectiveness measure as complement to an efficiency measure," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 100, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ramón, Nuria & Ruiz, José L. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 2011. "Reducing differences between profiles of weights: A "peer-restricted" cross-efficiency evaluation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 634-641, December.
- Chiou, Yu-Chiun & Lan, Lawrence W. & Yen, Barbara T.H., 2010. "A joint measurement of efficiency and effectiveness for non-storable commodities: Integrated data envelopment analysis approaches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(2), pages 477-489, March.
- Huang, Yi-Ju & Chen, Ku-Hsieh & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2010. "Cost efficiency and optimal scale of electricity distribution firms in Taiwan: An application of metafrontier analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 15-23, January.
- Rödder, W. & Reucher, E., 2012. "Advanced X-efficiencies for CCR- and BCC-models – towards Peer-based DEA controlling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 467-476.
- Nakano, Makiko & Managi, Shunsuke, 2008. "Regulatory reforms and productivity: An empirical analysis of the Japanese electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 201-209, January.
- Han, Yongming & Geng, Zhiqiang & Zhu, Qunxiong & Qu, Yixin, 2015. "Energy efficiency analysis method based on fuzzy DEA cross-model for ethylene production systems in chemical industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 685-695.
- Ruiz, José L., 2013. "Cross-efficiency evaluation with directional distance functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 181-189.
- San Cristóbal, José Ramón, 2011. "A multi criteria data envelopment analysis model to evaluate the efficiency of the Renewable Energy technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2742-2746.
- José L. Ruiz & Inmaculada Sirvent, 2017. "Fuzzy cross-efficiency evaluation: a possibility approach," Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 111-126, March.
- Singh, Sanjeet, 2016. "Evaluation of world’s largest social welfare scheme: An assessment using non-parametric approach," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 16-29.
- Rödder, W. & Reucher, E., 2011. "A consensual peer-based DEA-model with optimized cross-efficiencies - Input allocation instead of radial reduction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 148-154, July.
- Vaninsky, Alexander, 2006. "Efficiency of electric power generation in the United States: Analysis and forecast based on data envelopment analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 326-338, May.
- repec:bpj:jossai:v:3:y:2015:i:1:p:14-24:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Delponte, Ilaria & Pittaluga, Ilaria & Schenone, Corrado, 2017. "Monitoring and evaluation of Sustainable Energy Action Plan: Practice and perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 9-17.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:259:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2524-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Feng & Ang, Sheng & Xia, Qiong & Yang, Chenchen, 2012. "Ranking DMUs by using interval DEA cross efficiency matrix with acceptability analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 483-488.
- Soltanifar, Mehdi & Shahghobadi, Saeid, 2013. "Selecting a benevolent secondary goal model in data envelopment analysis cross-efficiency evaluation by a voting model," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 65-74.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:137:y:2002:i:2:p:421-433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.