Formulation of public debt management strategies: An empirical study of possible drivers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Goldfajn, Ilan, 2000.
"Public Debt Indexation and Denomination: The Case of Brazil,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 43-56, February.
- Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Public Debt Indexation and Denomination: The Case of Brazil," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 27, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Public Debt Indexation and Denomination; The Case of Brazil," IMF Working Papers 98/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Ales MELECKY & Martin MACHACEK, 2010. "The Role Of National And Supranational Fiscal Rules - International Evidence And Situation In The Czech Republic," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(4(14)/ Wi), pages 375-382.
- Taylor, John B. & Williams, John C., 2010.
"Simple and Robust Rules for Monetary Policy,"
Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 15, pages 829-859
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2010. "Simple and robust rules for monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2010-10, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2010. "Simple and Robust Rules for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 15908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Jamieson Bolder, 2003. "A Stochastic Simulation Framework for the Government of Canada's Debt Strategy," Staff Working Papers 03-10, Bank of Canada.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital," Discussion Papers 532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lloyd-Ellis, Huw & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2001.
"Fiscal shocks and fiscal risk management,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 309-338, October.
- H. Lloyd-Ellis & Xiaodong Zhu, 1998. "Fiscal Shocks and Fiscal Risk Management," Working Papers lloydell-98-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Xiaodong Zhu, 2000. "Fiscal Shocks and Fiscal Risk Management," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 108, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- George-Marios Angeletos, 2002. "Fiscal Policy with Noncontingent Debt and the Optimal Maturity Structure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 1105-1131.
- Graeme Wheeler, 2004. "Sound Practice in Government Debt Management," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15017.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Elisa Faraglia & Albert Marcet & Andrew Scott, 2008.
"Fiscal Insurance and Debt Management in OECD Economies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(527), pages 363-386, March.
- Elisa Faraglia & Albert Marcet & Andrew Scott, 2007. "Fiscal Insurance and Debt Management in OECD Economies," Working Papers 333, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Faraglia, Elisa & Marcet, Albert & Scott, Andrew, 2007. "Fiscal Insurance and Debt Management in OECD Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6539, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albert Marcet & Elisa Faraglia & Andrew Scott, 2007. "Fiscal Insurance and Debt Management in OECD Economies," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 729.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Alessandro Missale & Francesco Giavazzi, 2003. "Public Debt Management in Brazil," Development Working Papers 178, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Bohn, Henning, 1990. "Tax Smoothing with Financial Instruments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1217-1230, December.
- Buera, Francisco & Nicolini, Juan Pablo, 2004.
"Optimal maturity of government debt without state contingent bonds,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 531-554, April.
- Juan Pablo Nicolini & Francisco Buera, 2002. "Optimal Maturity of Governement Debt without state contingent bonds," Department of Economics Working Papers 016, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Paolo Mauro, 2004. "The case for GDP-indexed bonds," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(38), pages 165-216, April.
- Jensen, Svend Erik Hougaard & Jensen, Lars Grue, 1995. "Debt, deficits and transition to EMU: A small country analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-25, March.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Lewis, John, 2007. "Debt, deficits, and the accession of the new member States to the Euro," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 316-337, June.
- Togo, Eriko, 2007. "Coordinating public debt management with fiscal and monetary policies : an analytical framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4369, The World Bank.
- Bohn, Henning, 1990.
"A positive theory of foreign currency debt,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 273-292, November.
- Henning Bohn, "undated". "A Positive Theory of Foreign Currency Debt," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 19-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Missale, Alessandro, 1999. "Public Debt Management," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290858.
- Robert J. Barro, 1984. "Rules versus Discretion," NBER Working Papers 1473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malešević Perović, Lena, 2015. "The impact of fiscal positions on government bond yields in CEE countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-316.
- Aleksandras Vytautas Rutkauskas & Viktorija Stasytytė & Nijolė Maknickienė, 2014. "Government debt as the integral portfolio of assets and liabilities generated by debt," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 22-40, February.
- Melecky, Ales & Melecky, Martin, 2014. "The Checks of Czechs: Optimizing the Debt Portfolio of the Czech Government," MPRA Paper 57604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic debt management strategy; Cross-country survey; Institutional factors; Regional location; Debt crises; Development assistance;
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:36:y:2012:i:2:p:218-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.