Some Unpleasant Monetarist Arithmetic
In: Monetarism in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1978. "On macroeconomic instability from a monetarist policy rule," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-124.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1973. "The Stability of Models of Money and Growth with Perfect Foresight," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1043-1048, November.
- Scarth, William M., 1980. "Rational expectations and the instability of bond-financing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 321-327.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bertrand Crettez, 1999. "Concurrence à la Cournot, accumulation du capital et bulle," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 53, pages 69-91.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2011. "On the role of small models in macrodynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1605-1613, September.
- Michael Assous & Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2017. "Challenging Lucas: from overlapping generations to infinite-lived agent models," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_03, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1999:i:53:p:04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Stemp & William M. Scarth, "undated". "Zero Inflation Targets: Central Bank Commitment and Fiscal Policy Outcomes," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _055, Society for Computational Economics.
- Philippe Michel & Bertrand Wigniolle, 1993. "Une présentation simple des dynamiques complexes," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(5), pages 885-912.
- Hwang, Chiun-Lin, 1989. "Optimal monetary policy in an open macroeconomic model with rational expectation," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010197, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Janet Hua Jiang & Enchuan Shao, 2014. "Understanding the Cash Demand Puzzle," Staff Working Papers 14-22, Bank of Canada.
- Hillebrand, Marten & Kikuchi, Tomoo, 2015.
"A mechanism for booms and busts in housing prices,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 204-217.
- Hillebrand, Marten & Kikuchi, Tomoo, 2012. "A Mechanism for Booms and Busts in Housing Prices," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62042, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hillebrand, Marten & Kikuchi, Tomoo, 2012. "A mechanism for booms and busts in housing prices," Working Paper Series in Economics 40, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Management.
- Antoine Bozio & Simon Rabaté & Audrey Rain & Maxime To, 2019.
"Quelles règles de pilotage pour un système de retraite à rendement défini?,"
PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint)
- Antoine Bozio & Simon Rabaté & Audrey Rain & Maxime To, 2019. "Quelles règles de pilotage pour un système de retraite à rendement défini?," Working Papers halshs-02514738, HAL.
- Antoine Bozio & Simon Rabaté & Audrey Rain & Maxime To, 2019. "Quelles règles de pilotage pour un système de retraite à rendement défini?," PSE Working Papers halshs-02514738, HAL.
- Daisuke Ikeda & Toan Phan & Timothy Sablik, 2020.
"Asset Bubbles and Global Imbalances,"
Richmond Fed Economic Brief, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 20, pages 1-4, January.
- de Mendonça, Helder Ferreira & Tiberto, Bruno Pires, 2014. "Public debt and social security: Level of formality matters," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 490-507.
- Li, Shiyu & Lin, Shuanglin, 2011. "Is there any gain from social security privatization?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 278-289, September.
- Patricia Apps & Ray Rees, 2007.
"Population Ageing, Taxation, pensions and Health Costs,"
Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 10(2), pages 79-97.
- Patricia Apps & Ray Rees & Margi Wood, 2007. "Population Ageing, Taxation, Pensions and Health Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 564, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Vincent Touzé, 2002.
"Les modèles d'équilibre général calculable à générations imbriquées. Enjeux, méthodes et résultats,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 80(1), pages 87-113.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Vincent Touze, 2002. "Les modèles d'équilibre général calculable à générations imbriquées : enjeux, méthodes et résultats," Post-Print hal-01017728, HAL.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Vincent Touze, 2002. "Les modèles d’équilibre général calculable à générations imbriquées: Enjeux, méthodes et résultats," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2091, Sciences Po.
- Jagjit S. Chadha, 2018.
"Of Gold and Paper Money,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(S1), pages 1-20, September.
- Jagjit S. Chadha, 2018. "Of Gold and Paper Money," Discussion Papers 1821, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Chadha, J., 2018. "Of Gold and Paper Money," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1842, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Chadha, Jagjit S., 2018. "Of gold and paper money," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 90379, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arrondel, Luc & Masson, Andre, 2001. " Family Transfers Involving Three Generations," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(3), pages 415-443, September.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián & Wasmer, Etienne, 2011.
"Are specific skills an obstacle to labor market adjustment?,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 240-256, April.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián & Wasmer, Etienne, 2010. "Are Specific Skills an Obstacle to Labor Market Adjustment?," IZA Discussion Papers 5250, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ana Lamo & Julian Messina & Etienne Wasmer, 2011. "Are specific skills an obstacle to labor market adjustment?," Post-Print hal-03415491, HAL.
- Vincenzo Quadrini & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 1997. "Understanding the U.S. distribution of wealth," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 21(Spr), pages 22-36.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1998.
"The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security,"
NBER Chapters, in: Privatizing Social Security, pages 215-264,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1996. "The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security," NBER Working Papers 5761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Nur, Jamil, 2015. "Housing, Capital Taxation and Bequests in a Simple OLG Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 10774, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Fiscal Policy; Inflation Rate; Government Bond; Monetary Authority;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:palchp:978-1-349-06284-3_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.