Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Richmond Fed Economic Brief
2015, Issue January
- 1-6 Why Does the Fed Study Regional Economics?
by Macheras, Ann & Pinto, Santiago & Romero, Jessica L. & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G.
2015, Issue February
- 1-5 How Should the Fed Interpret Slow Wage Growth?
by Kudlyak, Marianna & Lubik, Thomas A. & Rhodes, Karl
2014, Issue Sept
- 1-5 Putting the Beveridge Curve Back to Work
by Lubik, Thomas A. & Rhodes, Karl
2014, Issue Oct
- 1-5 Investing over the Life Cycle: One Size Doesn't Fit All
by Sablik, Timothy
2014, Issue Nov
2014, Issue May
- 1-6 Expanding the Scope of Workforce Development
by Athreya, Kartik B. & Neelakantan, Urvi & Romero, Jessica Sackett
2014, Issue Mar
- 1-5 The Richmond Fed Manufacturing and Service Sector Surveys: A User's Guide
by Price, David A. & Watson, Aileen
2014, Issue June
- 1-5 Does the Unemployment Rate Really Overstate Labor Market Recovery?
by Hornstein, Andreas & Kudlyak, Marianna & Lange, Fabian & Sablik, Timothy
2014, Issue July
- 1-6 Should the Fed Do Emergency Lending?
by Haltom, Renee Courtois & Lacker, Jeffrey M.
2014, Issue Jan
- 1-4 Learning about Fiscal Policy Uncertainty
by Matthes, Christian & Sablik, Timothy
2014, Issue Feb
- 1-6 Reforming Money Market Mutual Funds: A Difficult Assignment
by Ennis, Huberto M. & Haltom, Renee Courtois
2014, Issue Dec
- 1-5 Understanding Market Failure in the 2007-08 Crisis
by Grochulski, Borys & Morrison, Wendy
2014, Issue Aug
- 1-6 The Prevalence of Apprenticeships in Germany and the United States
by Lazaryan, Nika & Neelakantan, Urvi & Price, David A.
2014, Issue Apr
- 1-7 The First Time the Fed Bought GSE Debt
by Haltom, Renee Courtois & Sharp, Robert
2013, Issue Sept
- 1-5 Is Fiscal Austerity Good for the Economy?
by Haltom, Renee Courtois & Lubik, Thomas A.
2013, Issue Oct
- 1-5 Welfare Analysis of Debit Card Interchange Fee Regulation
by Sablik, Timothy & Wang, Zhu
2013, Issue Nov
- 1-5 Assessing the Risks of Mortgage REITs
by Pellerin, Sabrina & Price, David A. & Sabol, Steven & Walter, John R.
2013, Issue May
- 1-6 Does money still matter for monetary policy?
by Haltom, Renee
2013, Issue Mar
- 1-6 Fed Credit Policy during the Great Depression
by Sablik, Timothy
2013, Issue June
- 1-4 Implications of Risks and Rewards in College Decisions
by Athreya, Kartik B. & Price, David A.
2013, Issue July
- 1-6 Land of Opportunity? Economic Mobility in the United States
by Athreya, Kartik B. & Romero, Jessica Sackett
2013, Issue Jan
- 1-5 All Mortgages Are Not Created Equal
by Rhodes, Karl & Robinson, Breck L.
2013, Issue Feb
- 1-3 Why Do Debit Card Networks Charge Percentage Fees?
by Price, David A. & Wang, Zhu
2013, Issue Dec
- 1-4 How Risky Are Young Borrowers?
by Debbaut, Peter & Ghent, Andra C. & Kudlyak, Marianna & Romero, Jessica Sackett
2013, Issue Aug
- 1-4 Will a Surge in Labor Force Participation Impede Unemployment Rate Improvement?
by Hornstein, Andreas
2013, Issue Apr
- 1-4 Job search behavior: lessons from online job search
by Kudlyak, Marianna & Romero, Jessie
2012, Issue Sep
- Can orderly liquidation solve the problems of bailouts and bankruptcies?
by Betty Joyce Nash & Sabrina R. Pellerin & John R. Walter
2012, Issue Oct
- Explaining the car industry cluster: the case of U.S. car makers from 1895-1969
by David A. Price & Zhu Wang
2012, Issue Nov
- Are depression-era employment swings overstated?
by Jonathan Lecznar & Jessie Romero & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte
2012, Issue May
- Microenterprise and the small-dollar loan market
by Tammie Hoy & Jessie Romero & Kimberly Zeuli
2012, Issue Mar
- Loan loss reserve accounting and bank behavior
by Eliana Balla & Morgan J. Rose & Jessie Romero
2012, Issue Jun
- The increased role of flows between nonparticipation and unemployment during the Great Recession and recovery
by Marianna Kudlyak & David A. Price
2012, Issue Jul
- Unsustainable fiscal policy : implications for monetary policy
by Renee Haltom & John A. Weinberg
2012, Issue Jan
- Where are households in the deleveraging cycle?
by R. Andrew Bauer & Betty Joyce Nash
2012, Issue Feb
- Experimenting with contingent capital triggers
by Edward S. Prescott & David A. Price
2012, Issue Dec
- A citizen's guide to unconventional monetary policy
by Renee Haltom & Alexander L. Wolman
2012, Issue Aug
- TARGET2: symptom, not cause, of eurozone woes
by Thomas A. Lubik & Karl Rhodes
2012, Issue Apr
- The spice of life : allowing for heterogeneity in macro models
by Kartik B. Athreya & Renee Haltom
2011, Issue Sep
- Potential causes and implications of the rise in long-term unemployment
by Andreas Hornstein & Thomas A. Lubik & Jessie Romero
2011, Issue Oct
- Fifth District manufacturing and the recession: an analysis of subsector performance
by Robert Schnorbus & Judy Cox
2011, Issue Nov
- Recoveries from recessions associated with banking crises : how does this one compare?
by Juan Carlos Hatchondo & David A. Price & Jonathan Tompkins
2011, Issue May
- The role of interchange fees on debit and credit card transactions in the payments system
by Tim Mead & Renee Courtois Haltom & Margaretta Blackwell
2011, Issue Mar
- The earned income tax credit: recipients, labor force participation, and credit constraints
by Kartik B. Athreya & Aaron Steelman
2011, Issue Jun
- Basel III and the continuing evolution of bank capital regulation
by Huberto M. Ennis & David A. Price
2011, Issue Jul
- Monetary policy with unknown natural rates
by Thomas A. Lubik & Jessie Romero
2011, Issue Jan
- How might the Fed's large-scale asset purchases lower long-term interest rates?
by Renee Courtois Haltom & Juan Carlos Hatchondo
2011, Issue Feb
- Small business lending during the recession
by Betty Joyce Nash & Kim Zeuli
2011, Issue Dec
- The Federal Reserve's "dual mandate" : the evolution of an idea
by Aaron Steelman
2011, Issue Aug
- Is stimulative fiscal policy more effective at the zero lower bound?
by Renee Courtois Haltom & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte
2011, Issue Apr
- Identifying systemically important financial institutions
by David A. Price & John R. Walter
2010, Issue Sep
- The effects of local demographic characteristics and state-level legislation on foreclosure rates
by Ross Lawrence & Brent C. Smith
2010, Issue Oct
- The responses of small and large firms to tight credit shocks : the case of 2008 through the lens of Gertler and Gilchrist (1994)
by Marianna Kudlyak & David A. Price & Juan M. Sanchez
2010, Issue Nov
- What trends exist in regional housing market data?
by Renee Courtois Haltom & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte
2010, Issue Mar
- Excess reserves and the new challenges for monetary policy
by Huberto M. Ennis & Alexander L. Wolman
2010, Issue June
- Now how large is the safety net?
by Jeffrey M. Lacker & John A. Weinberg
2010, Issue July
2010, Issue Jan
- Is the output gap a faulty gauge for monetary policy?
by Thomas Lubik
2010, Issue Feb
- Is a new asset bubble emerging in certain markets?
by Renee Courtois & Brian Gaines & Juan Carlos Hatchondo
2010, Issue Dec
- The service sector and the "Great Recession"
by Robert H. Schnorbus & Aileen Watson
2010, Issue Aug
- When did the recession end?
by Haltom & Renee Courtois
2010, Issue Apr
- Comparing labor markets across recessions: a focus on the age composition of the population
by Marianna Kudlyak & Devin Reilly & Stephen Slivinski
2009, Issue Sep
- Deterring default: why some state laws decrease the probability of mortgage foreclosures
by Andra C. Ghent & Marianna Kudlyak & Stephen Slivinski
2009, Issue Oct
- The case for direct methods to address CO2 emissions and other negative environmental externalities
by Kartik B. Atherya & Renee Courtois
2009, Issue Nov
- Rolling back the financial safety net
by Robert L. Hetzel & Stephen Slivinski
2009, Issue May
- The costs and benefits of bank supervisory disclosure
by Edward Simpson Prescott & Stephen Slivinski
2009, Issue Mar
- Rationalizing financial literacy policy
by Kartik Athreya & Anne Stilwell
2009, Issue Jun
- The growth of paperless money: retail payments in the United States continue to evolve
by T. Stuart Desch & Kiran Krishnamurthy
2009, Issue Jul
- Systemic risk regulation and the "too big to fail" problem
by Borys Grochulski & Stephen Slivinski
2009, Issue Jan
- The size and structure of exports in the Fifth District economy
by Sonya Ravindranath Waddell
2009, Issue Feb
- Residential externalities
by Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte & Kevin Bryan
2009, Issue Dec
- The effect of interest on reserves on monetary policy
by John R. Walter & Renee Courtois
2009, Issue Aug
- Recent fiscal policy and the manipulation of aggregate economic activity
by Kartik B. Athreya & Renee Courtois
2009, Issue Apr
- What we do and don't know about discretionary fiscal policy
by Renee Courtois
2008, Issue Oct
- Inflation expectations: their sources and effects
by Yash P. Mehra & Devin Reilly
2008, Issue Nov
- What income inequality measures can (and cannot) tell us
by Leonardo Martinez & Stephen Slivinski
2008, Issue Dec
- Turmoil in the student loan market
by John R. Walter & Samuel E. Henly