Is mean-variance analysis applicable to hedge funds?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1989. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: A Theoretical Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 937-969, July.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-317, June.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Bansal, Ravi & Lehmann, Bruce N., 1997. "Growth-Optimal Portfolio Restrictions On Asset Pricing Models," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 333-354, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2010.
"Market efficiency of oil spot and futures: A mean-variance and stochastic dominance approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 979-986, September.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2010. "Market Efficiency of Oil Spot and Futures: A Mean-Variance and Stochastic Dominance Approach," KIER Working Papers 718, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2010. "Market Efficiency of Oil Spot and Futures: A Mean-Variance and Stochastic Dominance Approach," Working Papers in Economics 10/18, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Wong, Wing-Keung & Phoon, Kok Fai & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2008. "Stochastic dominance analysis of Asian hedge funds," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 204-223, June.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2010.
"Market Efficiency of Oil Spot and Futures: A Stochastic Dominance Approach,"
CIRJE-F-705, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Lean, H.H. & McAleer, M.J. & Wong, W.-K., 2010. "Market Efficiency of Oil Spot and Futures: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-11, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2010. "Market Efficiency of Oil Spot and Futures: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," CARF F-Series CARF-F-201, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Perez Katarzyna, 2014. "Polish Absolute Return Funds And Stock Funds. Short And Long Term Performance Comparison," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 14(2), pages 179-197, December.
- Huyen Nguyen-Thi-Thanh & Georges Gallais-Hamonno & Thi H.V. Hoang, 2008. "Faut-il corriger les rentabilités des hedge funds?," Post-Print halshs-00106400, HAL.
- João Frois Caldeira & Gulherme Valle Moura, 2013. "Selection of a Portfolio of Pairs Based on Cointegration: A Statistical Arbitrage Strategy," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 11(1), pages 49-80.
- Penaranda, Francisco, 2007. "Portfolio choice beyond the traditional approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24481, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bosch-Badia, Maria Teresa & Montllor-Serrats, Joan & Tarrazon-Rodon, Maria-Antonia, 2014. "Unveiling the embedded coherence in divergent performance rankings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 154-165.
- Eling, Martin & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2007. "Does the choice of performance measure influence the evaluation of hedge funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2632-2647, September.
- Avramov, Doron & Kosowski, Robert & Naik, Narayan Y. & Teo, Melvyn, 2011. "Hedge funds, managerial skill, and macroeconomic variables," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 672-692, March.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Drobetz, Wolfgang & Henn Overbeck, Jacqueline, 2005. "Hedge Funds: Die „Königsdisziplin“ der Kapitalanlage," Working papers 2005/04, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Capocci, Daniel, 2006. "Neutrality of market neutral funds," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 309-333, December.
- Benoît Dewaele, 2013. "Leverage and Alpha: The Case of Funds of Hedge Funds," Working Papers CEB 13-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00336475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benoît Dewaele, 2013. "Portfolio Optimization for Hedge Funds through Time-Varying Coefficients," Working Papers CEB 13-032, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:62:y:1999:i:1:p:53-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.