The Empirical Nature of Taylor-Series Approximations to Expected Utility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Jondeau & Michael Rockinger, 2006. "Optimal Portfolio Allocation under Higher Moments," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(1), pages 29-55.
- repec:spr:decfin:v:40:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10203-017-0201-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Xu & Lien, Donald & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2015. "Good Approximation of Exponential Utility Function for Optimal Futures Hedging," MPRA Paper 66841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fousseni Chabi-Yo, 2012. "Pricing Kernels with Stochastic Skewness and Volatility Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 624-640, March.
- Georges Hübner & Thomas Lejeune, 2015. "Portfolio choice and investor preferences : A semi-parametric approach based on risk horizon," Working Paper Research 289, National Bank of Belgium.
- Nicholas Taylor, 2014. "The Economic Value of Volatility Forecasts: A Conditional Approach," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 12(3), pages 433-478.
- Markowitz, Harry, 2014. "Mean–variance approximations to expected utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 346-355.
- Mastrobuoni, Giovanni & Rivers, David A., 2017. "Optimizing Criminal Behavior and the Disutility of Prison," IZA Discussion Papers 10796, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simaan, Yusif, 2014. "The opportunity cost of mean–variance choice under estimation risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 382-391.
- Joseph G. Eisenhauer, 2003. "Approximation bias in estimating risk aversion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(38), pages 1-10.
- Della Corte, Pasquale & Sarno, Lucio & Thornton, Daniel L., 2008.
"The expectation hypothesis of the term structure of very short-term rates: Statistical tests and economic value,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 158-174, July.
- Pasquale Della Corte & Lucio Sarno & Daniel L. Thornton, 2007. "The expectation hypothesis of the term structure of very short-term rates: statistical tests and economic value," Working Papers 2006-061, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Della Corte, Pasquale & Sarno, Lucio & Thornton, Daniel L, 2007. "The Expectation Hypothesis of the Term Structure of Very Short-Term Rates: Statistical Tests and Economic Value," CEPR Discussion Papers 6445, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Lautizi, 2015. "Large Scale Covariance Estimates for Portfolio Selection," CEIS Research Paper 353, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Aug 2015.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00336475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ñíguez, Trino-Manuel & Paya, Ivan & Peel, David, 2016. "Pure higher-order effects in the portfolio choice model," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 255-260.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Farago, Adam & Tédongap, Roméo, 2015. "Asymmetries and Portfolio Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 10706, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Chenguang & Sexton, Richard J., 2013. "Grocery-Retailer Pricing Behavior with Implications for Farmer Welfare," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(2), August.
- Penaranda, Francisco, 2007. "Portfolio choice beyond the traditional approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24481, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bosch-Badia, Maria Teresa & Montllor-Serrats, Joan & Tarrazon-Rodon, Maria-Antonia, 2014. "Unveiling the embedded coherence in divergent performance rankings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 154-165.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:84:y:1994:i:3:p:713-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.