Bringing economic opportunity into line with environmental influence: A discussion on the Coase theorem and the Porter and van der Linde hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. "Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1649-1672, October.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Moresi, Serge, 1993.
"Volatility, information and noise trading,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 961-982, June.
- Jean-Pierre Danthine & Serge Moresi, 1990. "Volatility, Information and Noise Trading," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0010, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- Jean-Pierre DANTHINE & Serge MORESI, 1990. "Volatility, Information, and Noise Trading," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9015, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Bak, P. & Paczuski, M. & Shubik, M., 1997.
"Price variations in a stock market with many agents,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 246(3), pages 430-453.
- P. Bak & M. Paczuski & M. Shubik, 1996. "Price Variations in a Stock Market with Many Agents," Working Papers 96-09-075, Santa Fe Institute.
- P. Bak & M. Paczuski & Martin Shubik, 1996. "Price Variations in a Stock Market with Many Agents," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1132, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2002. "A theoretical foundation of the Porter hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 355-360, May.
- Faucheux, Sylvie & Nicolai, Isabelle, 1998. "Environmental technological change and governance in sustainable development policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 243-256, December.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Coase, R H, 1974. "The Lighthouse in Economics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 357-376, October.
- Adam B. Jaffe et al., 1995. "Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 132-163, March.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Altman, Morris, 2001. "When green isn't mean: economic theory and the heuristics of the impact of environmental regulations on competitiveness and opportunity cost," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-44, January.
- Cerin, Pontus & Karlson, Lennart, 2002. "Business incentives for sustainability: a property rights approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-22, January.
- F. H. Knight, 1924. "Some Fallacies in the Interpretation of Social Cost," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 582-606.
- Anderson, Terry L & Hill, Peter J, 1975. "The Evolution of Property Rights: A Study of the American West," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 163-179, April.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1970. "Political and Economic Evaluation of Social Effects and Externalities," NBER Chapters,in: The Analysis of Public Output, pages 1-30 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Lee, Yi-Tsung & Lin, Ji-Chai & Liu, Yu-Jane, 1999. "Trading patterns of big versus small players in an emerging market: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 701-725, May.
- Jean Tirole, 1999. "Incomplete Contracts: Where Do We Stand?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(4), pages 741-782, July.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang Härdle, 2014. "Dynamic activity analysis model-based win-win development forecasting under environment regulations in China," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(6), pages 1543-1570, December.
- George van Leeuwen & Pierre Mohnen, 2017.
"Revisiting the Porter hypothesis: an empirical analysis of Green innovation for the Netherlands,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1-2), pages 63-77, February.
- Leeuwen, George van & Mohnen, Pierre, 2013. "Revisiting the porter hypothesis: An empirical analysis of green innovation for the Netherlands," MERIT Working Papers 002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- George van Leeuwen & Pierre Mohnen, 2013. "Revisiting the Porter Hypothesis: An Empirical Analysis of Green Innovation for the Netherlands," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-02, CIRANO.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2013. "La responsabilité sociale et environnementale des entreprises : mirage ou virage ?," Working Papers hal-00830642, HAL.
- Anna Mazzi & Sara Toniolo & Alessandro Manzardo & Jingzheng Ren & Antonio Scipioni, 2016. "Exploring the Direction on the Environmental and Business Performance Relationship at the Firm Level. Lessons from a Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-25, November.
- Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago, 2008. "Consumer and producer environmental responsibility: Comparing two approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 533-546, June.
- Frank Lorne, 2009. "Macro-entrepreneurship and sustainable development: the need for innovative solutions for promoting win-win interactions," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 10(2), pages 69-85, June.
- Wilson, Amanda, 2010. "Coastal planning in North Shore City, New Zealand: Developing responsible coastal erosion policy," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 59260, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina D. Forget, 2015.
"The Economics Of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm-Level Perspective Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 112-130, February.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2014. "The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm Level Perspective Survey," Post-Print hal-01410617, HAL.
- Georg Licht & Bettina Peters, 2014. "Do Green Innovations stimulate Employment? – Firm-level Evidence From Germany," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 53, WWWforEurope.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Murray, Joy & Sack, Fabian & Wiedmann, Thomas, 2007. "Shared producer and consumer responsibility -- Theory and practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 27-42, February.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2012. "The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Survey," Working Papers hal-00720640, HAL.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang Karl HÃ¤rdle, 2012. "Dynamic Activity Analysis Model Based Win-Win Development Forecasting Under the Environmental Regulation in China," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-002, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Rosetta Lombardo, 2011. "The Role Of Corporate Social Responsibility In Consumer Behaviour: An Unresolved Paradox," Working Papers 201115, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:47155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco, 2008.
"Environmental regulation and the export dynamics of energy technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 447-460, June.
- Francesco Crespi & Valeria Costantini, 2007. "Environmental Regulation and the Export Dynamics of Energy Technologies," Working Papers 2007.53, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco, 2007. "Environmental regulation and the export dynamics of energy technologies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200708, University of Turin.
- Carnis Laurent, 2014. "The Political Economy of Lighthouses: Some Further Considerations," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 143-165, December.
- Mateo Cordier & Thomas Poitelon & Walter Hecq, 2018. "Developing a shared environmental responsibility principle for distributing cost of restoring marine habitats destroyed by industrial harbors," Working Papers CEB 18-008, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:56:y:2006:i:2:p:209-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.