Managing exotic pests under uncertainty: optimal control actions and bioeconomic investigations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dixit, Avinash & Pindyck, Robert S & Sodal, Sigbjorn, 1999. "A Markup Interpretation of Optimal Investment Rules," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 179-189, April.
- David Sunding & Joshua Zivin, 2000. "Insect Population Dynamics, Pesticide Use, and Farmworker Health," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 527-540.
- Jean-Daniel M. Saphores, 2000. "The Economic Threshold with a Stochastic Pest Population: A Real Options Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 541-555.
- Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C, 1996. "Investment Lags," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 610-622, June.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2003. "Harvesting a renewable resource under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 509-529, December.
- Conrad, Jon M., 2000. "Wilderness: options to preserve, extract, or develop," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-219, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koji Kotani & Makoto Kakinaka & Hiroyuki Matsuda, 2006. "Dynamic Economic Analysis on Invasive Species Management: Some Policy Implications of Catchability," Working Papers EMS_2006_16, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- arnaud dragicevic, 2012. "Bayesian Population Dynamics of Spreading Species," THEMA Working Papers 2012-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Sims, Charles & Finnoff, David, 2012. "The role of spatial scale in the timing of uncertain environmental policy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 369-382.
- Lu, Liang & Elbakidze, Levan, 2011. "Weather Forecast Based Conditional Pest Management: A Stochastic Optimal Control Investigation," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103655, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lu, Liang & Elbakidze, Levan, 2012.
"Application of Comparative Dynamics in Stochastic Invasive Species Management in Agricultural Production,"
2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington
125226, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lu, Liang & Elbakidze, Levan, 2012. "Application of Comparative Dynamics in Stochastic Invasive Species Management in Agricultural Production," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124971, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C., 2011.
"An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2050-2061, September.
- Alex L. Marten & Christopher C. Moore, 2010. "An Options Based Bioeconomic Model for Biological and Chemical Control of Invasive Species," NCEE Working Paper Series 201006, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2010.
- Katarina Elofsson & Ing-Marie Gren, 2015. "Regulating invasive species with different life history," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 113-136, July.
- Strand, Jon, 2017. "Modeling the marginal value of rainforest losses: A dynamic value function approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 322-329.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Pham Van Ha, 2006.
"An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot and Mouth Disease in the United States,"
Development Economics Working Papers
21813, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Pham Van Ha, 2006. "An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the United States," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec06-11, International and Development Economics.
- van Ha, Pham & Che, Tuong Nhu & Kompas, Tom, 2007. "An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the United States," 2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand 10354, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Anke Leroux & Donald Maclaren, 2011. "The Optimal Time to Remove Quarantine Bans Under Uncertainty: The Case of Australian Bananas," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 140-152, March.
- Ben Abdallah, Skander & Lasserre, Pierre, 2012.
"A real option approach to the protection of a habitat dependent endangered species,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 295-318.
- Skander Ben Abdallah & Pierre Lasserre, 2008. "A Real Option Approach to the Protection of a Habitat Dependent Endangered Species," CIRANO Working Papers 2008s-30, CIRANO.
- Sinden, John Alfred & Griffith, Garry, 2007. "Combining economic and ecological arguments to value the environmental gains from control of 35 weeds in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 396-408, March.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Goran & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2011. "Optimal Management of Invasive Species with Different Reproduction and Survival Strategies," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114343, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sims, Charles & Finnoff, David, 2013. "When is a “wait and see” approach to invasive species justified?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 235-255.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:52:y:2005:i:3:p:327-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.