Combining economic and ecological arguments to value the environmental gains from control of 35 weeds in Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Abdalla, 1994. "Groundwater Values from Avoidance Cost Studies: Implications for Policy and Future Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1062-1067.
- Costanza, Robert & d'Arge, Ralph & de Groot, Rudolf & Farber, Stephen & Grasso, Monica & Hannon, Bruce & Limburg, Karin & Naeem, Shahid & O'Neill, Robert V. & Paruelo, Jose, 1998. "The value of ecosystem services: putting the issues in perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 67-72.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 393-408.
- Gary Stoneham & Vivek Chaudhri & Arthur Ha & Loris Strappazzon, 2003. "Auctions for conservation contracts: an empirical examination of Victoria's BushTender trial," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(4), pages 477-500, December.
- Mark Morrison & Jeff Bennett, 2004.
"Valuing New South Wales rivers for use in benefit transfer,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, pages 591-611.
- Morrison, Mark & Bennett, Jeffrey W., 2004. "Valuing New South Wales rivers for use in benefit transfer," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(4), December.
- Buhle, Eric R. & Margolis, Michael & Ruesink, Jennifer L., 2005. "Bang for buck: cost-effective control of invasive species with different life histories," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 355-366.
- Charles W. Abdalla & Brian A. Roach & Donald J. Epp, 1992. "Valuing Environmental Quality Changes Using Averting Expenditures: An Application to Groundwater Contamination," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 163-169.
- Hueting, Roefie & Reijnders, Lucas & de Boer, Bart & Lambooy, Jan & Jansen, Huib, 1998. "The concept of environmental function and its valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 31-35.
- Mark J. Powers, 2000. "Introduction," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 3-4, January.
- Turner, R. K. & Adger, W. N. & Brouwer, R., 1998. "Ecosystem services value, research needs, and policy relevance: a commentary," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 61-65.
- William T. Alpert & Stephen A. Woodbury, 2000. "Introduction," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: William T. Alpert & Stephen A. Woodbury (ed.), Employee Benefits and Labor Markets in Canada and the United States, chapter 1, pages 1-12 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Sinden, Jack A., 1994. "A Review of Environmental Valuation in Australia," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(03), December.
- Farber, Stephen C. & Costanza, Robert & Wilson, Matthew A., 2002. "Economic and ecological concepts for valuing ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 375-392.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1998. "The price-value paradox," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 17-19.
- P.M.S. Jones, 1994. "The Value of Diversity," Energy & Environment, , vol. 5(3), pages 215-225, September.
- Pimentel, David & Zuniga, Rodolfo & Morrison, Doug, 2005. "Update on the environmental and economic costs associated with alien-invasive species in the United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 273-288.
- Higgins, Steven I. & Azorin, Esteban J. & Cowling, Richard M. & Morris, Mike J., 1997. "A dynamic ecological-economic model as a tool for conflict resolution in an invasive-alien-plant, biological control and native-plant scenario," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 141-154.
- Ricker, Martin & Mendelsohn, Robert O. & Daly, Douglas C. & Angeles, Guillermo, 1999. "Enriching the rainforest with native fruit trees: an ecological and economic analysis in Los Tuxtlas (Veracruz, Mexico)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 439-448.
- Odem, Doreen & Sinden, Jack A. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Griffith, Garry R., 2003. "Economic Issues in the Management of Plants Invading Natural Environments: Scotch Broom in Barrington Tops National Park," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 58193, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel M. & Shogren, Jason F., 2005. "Managing exotic pests under uncertainty: optimal control actions and bioeconomic investigations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 327-339.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lehrer, David & Becker, Nir & Bar, Pua, 2010. "The economic impact of the invasion of Acacia saligna in Israel," MPRA Paper 33954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grechi, Isabelle & Chadès, Iadine & Buckley, Yvonne M. & Friedel, Margaret H. & Grice, Anthony C. & Possingham, Hugh P. & van Klinken, Rieks D. & Martin, Tara G., 2014. "A decision framework for management of conflicting production and biodiversity goals for a commercially valuable invasive species," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 1-11.
- Gong, Wendy & Sinden, Jack A. & Jones, Randall E., 2008. "Valuing the benefits from preserving threatened native fauna and flora from invasive animal pests," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5995, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jack Sinden & Wendy Gong & Randall Jones, 2011. "Estimating the Costs of Protecting Native Species from Invasive Animal Pests in New South Wales, Australia," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 203-226.
- Cacho, Oscar J. & Wise, Russell M. & Hester, Susan M. & Sinden, J.A., 2008. "Bioeconomic modeling for control of weeds in natural environments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 559-568, April.
- Sinden, Jack A. & Downey, Paul O. & Hester, Susan M. & Cacho, Oscar J., 2008. "Valuing the biodiversity gains from protecting native plant communities from bitou bush (Chrysanthemoides monilifera subsp rotundata (DC.) T.Norl.) in New South Wales: application of the defensive exp," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5988, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:61:y:2007:i:2-3:p:396-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.