Inter-gender differentials between college students' earnings expectations and the experience of recent graduates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1996.
"Eliciting Student Expectations of the Returns to Schooling,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 1-26.
- J. Dominitz & C. F. Manski, "undated". "Eliciting student expectations of the returns to schooling," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1049-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Eliciting Student Expectations of the Returns to Schooling," NBER Working Papers 4936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Eliciting Student Expectations Of The Returns To Schooling," Econometrics 9411002, EconWPA.
- Heilman, Madeline E. & Martell, Richard F., 1986. "Exposure to successful women: Antidote to sex discrimination in applicant screening decisions?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 376-390, June.
- Kane, Thomas J & Rouse, Cecilia Elena, 1995. "Labor-Market Returns to Two- and Four-Year College," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 600-614, June.
- Paul Maxim, 1992. "Immigrants, visible minorities, and self-employment," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 29(2), pages 181-198, May.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989. "Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- Thomas N. Daymonti & Paul J. Andrisani, 1984. "Job Preferences, College Major, and the Gender Gap in Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 408-428.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Huches, Woodrow Jr., 1994. "A benefit-cost analysis of investment in college education in the United States: 1969-1985," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 109-123, June.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1995. "A Jobs-Based Analysis of Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 260-265, May.
- Julian R. Betts, 1996. "What Do Students Know about Wages? Evidence from a Survey of Undergraduates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 27-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lucifora, Claudio & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2001.
"The Wage Expectations of European College Students,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lucifora, Claudio & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2001. "The Wage Expectations of European College Students," IZA Discussion Papers 299, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lucifora & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2001. "The wage expectations of European college students," Economics working papers 2001-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Brown, Sarah & Ortiz-Nuñez, Aurora & Taylor, Karl, 2011.
"What will I be when I grow up? An analysis of childhood expectations and career outcomes,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 493-506, June.
- Sarah Brown & John Sessions & Karl Taylor, 2004. "What Will I Be When I Grow Up? An Analysis of Childhood Expectations and Career Outcomes," Discussion Papers in Economics 05/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Marija Andonova & Nikica Mojsoska-Blazevski, 2015. "Factors Influencing the Earnings Expectations among Macedonian Students: A Comparative Perspective with the EU Students," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 17(1), pages 71-110, June.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Zbinden, André, 2001. "Rates of Return to Education: The View of Students in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 371, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zsuzsanna Veroszta, 2014. "Patterns of students' earning orientations and expectations," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0201473, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Juerg Schweri, 2004. "Does it pay to be a good student? Results from the Swiss graduate labour market," Diskussionsschriften dp0405, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lucifora & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2004. "The Wage Expectations of European Business and Economics Students," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(4).
- César Alonso-Borrego & Antonio Romero-Medina, 2016.
"Wage Expectations for Higher Education Students in Spain,"
CEIS, vol. 30(1), pages 1-17, March.
- César Alonso-Borrego & Antonio Romero-Medina, 2008. "Students’ Assessment of Higher Education in Spain," Working Papers 2008-31, FEDEA.
- Romero-Medina, Antonio & Alonso-Borrego, César, 2010. "Wage expectations for higher education students in Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1016, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Romero-Medina, Antonio & Alonso-Borrego, César, 2008. "Students' assessment of higher education in Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we084823, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Anchor, John R. & Fiserová, Jana & Mars[iota]ková, Katerina & Urbánek, Václav, 2011. "Student expectations of the financial returns to higher education in the Czech Republic and England: Evidence from business schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 673-681, August.
- Pekkala Kerr, Sari & Pekkarinen, Tuomas & Sarvimäki, Matti & Uusitalo, Roope, 2015. "Post-Secondary Education and Information on Labor Market Prospects: A Randomized Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9372, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Claire Bonnard & Jean-François Giret & Marielle Lambert-Le Mener, 2013. "Les étudiants anticipent-ils correctement la valeur de leur diplôme sur le marché du travail ?," Post-Print halshs-00815912, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:19:y:2000:i:3:p:229-243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.