Economics of education: A research agenda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Psacharopoulos, George (ed.), 1987. "Economics of Education," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780080333793.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Keueger, 1991.
"Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 979-1014.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," Working Papers 653, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," NBER Working Papers 3572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Zvi Griliches, 1970. "Notes on the Role of Education in Production Functions and Growth Accounting," NBER Chapters, in: Education, Income, and Human Capital, pages 71-127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costas Azariadis & Allan Drazen, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-526.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristof de Witte & Laura López-Torres, 2015. "Efficiency in Education. A Review of Literature and a Way Forward," Working Papers 1501, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Apr 2015.
- Martin Gustafsson & Stephen Taylor, 2013. "Treating schools to a new administration. The impact of South Africa’s 2005 provincial boundary changes on school performance," Working Papers 28/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Kristof De Witte & Laura López-Torres, 2017. "Efficiency in education: a review of literature and a way forward," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 68(4), pages 339-363, April.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 2007.
"Does examination hell pay off ? A cost-benefit analysis of "ronin" and college education in Japan,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-284, June.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 1999. "Does Examination Hell Pay Off? A Cost-Benefit Analysis of "Ronin" and College Education in Japan," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 346, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 01 Dec 2005.
- Maite Blázquez & José Ramos, 2008.
"Disparidades entre educación formal y educación en el puesto de trabajo,"
Revista de Economía Laboral - Spanish Journal of Labour Economics,
Asociación Española de Economía Laboral - AEET, vol. 5, pages 1-32.
- Blázquez, Maite & Ramos, Jose, 2007. "Disparidades entre Educación Formal y Educación en el Puesto de Trabajo," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2007/10, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Bailly, Franck, 2008. "The role of employers' beliefs in the evaluation of educational output," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 959-968, June.
- Hoenack, Stephen A., 1996. "The economics of education in developing countries: An assessment of the state of the art," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 327-338, October.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Zbinden, André, 2001. "Rates of Return to Education: The View of Students in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 371, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Juan A. Rojas, 2004.
"On the Interaction between Education and Social Security,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(4), pages 932-957, October.
- Rojas, Juan A., 2003. "On the interaction between education and social security," UC3M Working papers. Economics we033511, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Kyriakides, Leonidas & Stylianou, Andreas & Eliophotou Menon, Maria, 2019. "The link between educational expenditures and student learning outcomes: Evidence from Cyprus," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-1.
- Pessino, Carola & Izquierdo, Alejandro & Vuletin, Guillermo, 2020. "Better Spending for Better Lives: How Latin America and the Caribbean Can Do More with Less," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 9152 edited by Izquierdo, Alejandro -//- Pessino, Carola -//- Vuletin, Guillermo, July.
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Human Capital and the Use of Time," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995079e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:4:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Capital humain et emploi du temps," Direction des études analytiques : documents de recherche 1995079f, Statistics Canada, Direction des études analytiques.
- M. C. Navarro-Perez & J. M. Serrano-Sanz, 2002. "Evaluating Educational Output: An Estimation Method Based on Cross-Section Data," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 71-95.
- Luisa Rosti & Chikara Yamaguchi & Carolina Castagnetti, 2005. "Educational Performance as Signalling Device: Evidence from Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(4), pages 1-7.
- Martin Gustafsson & Stephen Taylor, 2016. "Treating schools to a new administration: Evidence from South Africa of the impact of better practices in the system-level administration of schools," Working Papers 05/2016, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Aurora Teixeira, 2003. "Does Inertia Pay Off? Empirical assessment of an evolutionary-ecological model of human capital decisions at firm level," FEP Working Papers 124, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Zafer Pirim & William A. Owings & Leslie S. Kaplan, 2017. "The Long-Term Impact of Educational and Health Spending on Unemployment Rates," Journal of Economics and Financial Analysis, Tripal Publishing House, vol. 1(2), pages 49-69.
- Zafer Pirim & William A. Owings & Leslie S. Kaplan, 2014. "The Long-Term Impact of Educational and Health Spending on Unemployment Rates," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 7(1), pages 49-69.
- Aurora AmÃ©lia Castro Teixeira & Pedro Cosme Vieira, 2004. "Is Portuguese regional growth schumpeterian? An empirical assessment of the relation between schooling, firm destruction and firm productivity," ERSA conference papers ersa04p134, European Regional Science Association.
- Lanzi, Diego, 2007. "Capabilities, human capital and education," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 424-435, June.
- Joana Costa & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2005. "Universities as sources of knowledge for innovation.The case of Technology Intensive Firms in Portugal," FEP Working Papers 181, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:15:y:1996:i:4:p:339-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.