Structural change in the Australian electricity industry during the 1990s and the effect on household income distribution: A macro–micro approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giesecke, J. & Madden, J.R., 2004. "Modelling the Regional Economic Consequences of Efficiency Gains in the Utilities Sector," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 15-35, March.
- John Quiggin, 1997.
"Estimating the Benefits of Hilmer and Related Reforms,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 30(3), pages 256-272.
- Quiggin, J., 1995. "Estimating the Benefits of Hilmer and Related Reforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 338, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Arntz, Melanie & Boeters, Stefan & Gürtzgen, Nicole & Schubert, Stefanie, 2008.
"Analysing welfare reform in a microsimulation-AGE model: The value of disaggregation,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 422-439, May.
- Arntz, Melanie & Boeters, Stefan & Gürtzgen, Nicole & Schubert, Stefanie, 2006. "Analysing welfare reform in a microsimulation-AGE model: the value of disaggregation," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- John Cockburn & Erwin L. Corong & Caesar B. Cororaton, 2008. "Poverty Effects of the Philippines' Tariff Reduction Program: Insights from a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 289-319, September.
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer & Glyn Wittwer, 2011. "Saving the Southern Murray‐Darling Basin: The Economic Effects of a Buyback of Irrigation Water," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 153-168, March.
- G. A. Meagher & Nisha Agrawal, 1986. "Taxation Reform and Income Distribution in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 19(3), pages 33-56.
- DeVuyst, Eric A. & Preckel, Paul V., 1997. "Sensitivity analysis revisited: A quadrature-based approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Productivity Commission, 2002. "Trends in Australian Infrastructure Prices 1990-91 to 2000-01," Microeconomics 0207002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersen, Lykke Eg & Faris, Robert, 2002. "Natural Gas and Income Distribution in Bolivia," Documentos de trabajo 1/2002, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Naqvi, Farzana & Peter, Matthew W, 1996. "A Multiregional, Multisectoral Model of the Australian Economy with an Illustrative Application," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(66), pages 94-113, June.
- John Whiteman, 1999. "The Potential Benefits of Hilmer and Related Reforms: Electricity Supply," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(1), pages 17-30.
- Daniel Benitez & Omar Chisari & Antonio Estache, 2003.
"Can the gains from Argentina's utilities reform offset credit shocks?,"
Chapters,in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 8
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Benitez, Daniel A. & Chisari, Omar O. & Estache, Antonio, 2001. "Can the Gains from Argentina's Utilities Reform Offset Credit Shocks?," WIDER Working Paper Series 033, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Antonio Estache & D. Benitez & Omar Chisari, 2003. "Can the gains from Argentina's utilities reform offset credit shocks?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44069, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Unknown, 1999. "Impact of Competition Policy Reforms on Rural and Regional Australia," Inquiry Reports 31892, Productivity Commission.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2009.
"Electricity Reforms In Mali: A Macro-Micro Analysis Of The Effects On Poverty And Distribution,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 127-147, March.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2007. "Electricity Reforms in Mali: A Macro–Micro Analysis of the Effects on Poverty and Distribution," Cahiers de recherche 07-10, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Guy Debelle & James Vickery, 1999.
"Labour Market Adjustment: Evidence on Interstate LabourMobility,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(3), pages 249-263.
- Guy Debelle & James Vickery, 1998. "Labour Market Adjustment: Evidence on Interstate Labour Mobility," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9801, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Horridge, Mark & Madden, John & Wittwer, Glyn, 2005. "The impact of the 2002-2003 drought on Australia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-308, April.
- Dixon, Robert & Shepherd, David, 2001.
"Trends and Cycles in Australian State and Territory Unemployment Rates,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(238), pages 252-269, September.
- Dixon, R. & Shepherd, D., 2000. "Trends and Cycles in Australian State and Territory Unemployment Rates," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 730, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4535 is not listed on IDEAS
- George Verikios & Xiao-guang Zhang, 2008. "Distributional Effects of Changes in Australian Infrastructure Industries during the 1990s," Staff Working Papers 0802, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Aghdam, Reza Fathollahzadeh, 2011. "Dynamics of productivity change in the Australian electricity industry: Assessing the impacts of electricity reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3281-3295, June.
- Kennedy, Steven & Borland, Jeff, 2000. "A Wage Curve for Australia?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 774-803, October.
- Ye, Qiang, 2008. "Commodity booms and their impacts on the Western Australian economy: The iron ore case," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 83-101, June.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004. "Welfare Impacts of China's Accession to the World Trade Organization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(1), pages 29-57.
- Lofgren, Hans & Doukkali, Rachid & Serghini, Hassan & Robinson, Sherman, 1997. "Rural development in Morocco: alternative scenarios to the year 2000," TMD discussion papers 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Davies, James B., 2004. "Microsimulation, CGE and Macro Modelling for Transition and Developing Economies," WIDER Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dorothee Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2009. "A Macro-Micro Analysis of the Effects of Electricity Reform in Senegal on Poverty and Distribution," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 351-368.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Debowicz, Darío, 2016. "Does the microsimulation approach used in macro–micro modelling matter? An application to the distributional effects of capital outflows during Argentina's Currency Board regime," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 591-599.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & O’Neill, Brian C. & Chateau, Jean, 2015. "Methods for including income distribution in global CGE models for long-term climate change research," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 530-543.
- Matteo Richiardi & John Cockburn & Hélène Maisonnave & Luca Tiberti, 2016. "Editorial," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-4.
- Kersting, Stefan & Hüttel, Silke & Odening, Martin, 2016. "Industry dynamics under production constraints — The case of the EU dairy sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 135-151.
More about this item
KeywordsComputable general equilibrium; Electricity; Household income distribution; Microeconomic reform;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:32:y:2013:i:c:p:564-575. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.