Labour Market Adjustment: Evidence on Interstate Labour Mobility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guy Debelle & James Vickery, 1999. "Labour Market Adjustment: Evidence on Interstate LabourMobility," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(3), pages 249-263.
References listed on IDEAS
- Decressin, Jorg & Fatas, Antonio, 1995. "Regional labor market dynamics in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1627-1655, December.
- Bentolila, Samuel, 1997. "Sticky labor in Spanish regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 591-598, April.
- McCormick, Barry, 1997. "Regional unemployment and labour mobility in the UK," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 581-589, April.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982. "Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-894, October.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1978. "Does Unemployment Affect Migration?-Evidence from Micro Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(4), pages 504-514, November.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gregory, R.G. & Hunter, B., 1995. "The Macro Economy and the Growth of Ghettos and Urban Poverty in Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 325, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Oswald Andrew J., 1996. "A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations : Part I," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 475, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"One Money for Europe? Lessons from the US Currency Union,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt6ks1k831, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "One Money for Europe? Lessons from the US Currency Union," Economics Working Papers 90-132, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leamer, Edward E & Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Reporting the Fragility of Regression Estimates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(2), pages 306-317, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio, 1997. "An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 571-579, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner, Daniel, 2013. "Regional convergence analysis for skill-specific employment groups," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79706, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Productivity Commission, 2009. "Review of Mutual Recognition Schemes," Research Reports, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia, number 32.
- Robert Dixon & David Shepherd & James Thomson, 2001. "Regional Unemployment Disparities in Australia," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 93-102.
- N. Groenewold & A.J. Hagger, 2008. "Regional Unemployment Disparities: An Evaluation Of Policy Measures ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 355-375, December.
- Peter Huber, 2003.
"Quantity Adjustments in Candidate Countries Regional Labour Markets,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p239, European Regional Science Association.
- Vera Gács & Peter Huber, 2005. "Quantity Adjustments in the Regional Labour Markets of EU Candidate Countries," WIFO Working Papers 254, WIFO.
- David Norman & Thomas Walker, 2007. "Co-Movement Of Australian State Business Cycles ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 360-374, December.
- repec:bla:ecorec:v:93:y:2017:i:301:p:238-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shu-hen Chiang, 2012. "The sources of metropolitan unemployment fluctuations in the Greater Taipei metropolitan area," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(4), pages 775-793, November.
- Wai Kin Choy & David C Mare & Peter Mawson, 2002. "Modelling Regional Labour Market Adjustment in New Zealand," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/01, New Zealand Treasury.
- Le, Anh T & Miller, Paul W, 2000. "Australia's Unemployment Problem," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(232), pages 74-104, March.
- Giesecke, James A. & Madden, John R., 2013. "Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modeling," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Greenaway-McGrevy, Ryan & Hood, Kyle K., 2016.
"Worker migration or job creation? Persistent shocks and regional recoveries,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-16.
- Greenaway-McGrevy, Ryan & Hood, K, 2016. "Worker migration or job creation? Persistent shocks and regional recoveries," Working Papers 28513, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- David Norman & Thomas Walker, 2004. "Co-movement of Australian State Business Cycles," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2004-09, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David C Maré & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. "Regional Labour Market Adjustment and the Movements of People: A Review," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/08, New Zealand Treasury.
- Jeremy Lawson & Jacqueline Dwyer, 2002. "Labour Market Adjustment in Regional Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2002-04, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Jeff Borland & Steven Kennedy, 1998.
"Dimensions, Structure and History of Australian Unemployment,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Guy Debelle & Jeff Borland (ed.), Unemployment and the Australian Labour Market
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Borland, J. & Kennedy, S., 1998. "Dimensions, Structure and History of Australian Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 388, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Alfred Hagger, 2007. "Regional Unemployment Disparities: An Evaluation of Policy Measures," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-05, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Patrick D’Arcy & Linus Gustafsson & Christine Lewis & Trent Wiltshire, 2012. "Labour Market Turnover and Mobility," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 1-12, December.
- Thomas Walker & David Norman, 2004. "Co-movement of Australian State Business Cycles," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 334, Econometric Society.
- Michelle Cunningham & Kathryn Davis, 2011. "Labour Market Outcomes in Regional Australia," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 1-8, September.
- David Gruen & Bonnie Li & Tim Wong, 2012. "Unemployment disparity across regions," Economic Roundup, The Treasury, Australian Government, issue 2, pages 63-78, August.
- Jeff Borland, 2000. "Disaggregated Models of Unemployment in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Verikios, George & Zhang, Xiao-guang, 2013. "Structural change in the Australian electricity industry during the 1990s and the effect on household income distribution: A macro–micro approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 564-575.
- Noel Gaston & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2015. "A Markov-switching structural vector autoregressive model of boom and bust in the Australian labour market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1271-1299, December.
More about this item
Keywordslabour mobility; migration; unemployment;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbardp:rdp9801. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .