Modelling the economic impact of sports events: The case of the Beijing Olympics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Spence, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 217-235.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1157-1184, July.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade Reform: Results from a CGE Model of Cameroon," NBER Working Papers 3176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harris, Richard, 1984.
"Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1016-1032, December.
- Richard Harris, 1983. "Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 524, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- H. R. Bohlmann & Moses J.H. van Heerden, 2005. "The Impact of Hosting a Major Sport Event on the South African Economy," Working Papers 200509, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kasimati, Evangelia & Dawson, Peter, 2009. "Assessing the impact of the 2004 Olympic Games on the Greek economy: A small macroeconometric model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 139-146, January.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000. "Monopolistic competition and international trade theory," Working Papers 200025, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Robert A. Baade & Robert Baumann & Victor A. Matheson, 2008. "Selling the Game: Estimating the Economic Impact of Professional Sports through Taxable Sales," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 794-810, January.
- Bye, Brita & Fæhn, Taran & Heggedal, Tom-Reiel, 2009. "Welfare and growth impacts of innovation policies in a small, open economy; an applied general equilibrium analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1075-1088, September.
- Julie L. Hotchkiss & Robert E. Moore & Stephanie M. Zobay, 2003. "Impact of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games on Employment and Wages in Georgia," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 691-704, January.
- Andrew F. Daughety, 1985. "Reconsidering Cournot: The Cournot Equilibrium is Consistent," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 368-379, Autumn.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 1999.
"Conjectural-variation models and supergames with price competition in a differentiated product oligopoly,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 309-326, October.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, "undated". "Conjectural Variation Models and Supergames with Price Competition in a Differentiated Product Oligopoly," WIFO Working Papers 123, WIFO.
- Benjamin Russo, 2009. "Innovation and the Long-Run Elasticity of Total Taxable Income," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 798-828, January.
- Larry Dwyer & Peter Forsyth & Ray Spurr, 2006. "Economic Evaluations of Special Events," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Tourism, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adam Blake & Jonathan Gillham & M. Thea Sinclair, 2006. "CGE Tourism Analysis and Policy Modeling," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Tourism, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- James A Giesecke & John R Madden, 2007. "The Sydney Olympics, seven years on: an ex-post dynamic CGE assessment," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-168, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu, 2008.
"Evaluating the Impact of Land Redistribution: A CGE Microsimulation Application to Zimbabwe,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(4), pages 527-549, August.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu, 2006. "Evaluating the Impact of Land Redistribution: A CGE Microsimulation Application to Zimbabwe," Working Papers 200609, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Conway, Patrick & Dhar, Sumana, 1991. "The economic effects of widespread application of antidumping duties to import pricing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 782, The World Bank.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813108448_0016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2017. "Quantifying The Uruguay Round," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Trade Policies for Development and Transition, chapter 16, pages 363-388 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2008.
"Is tourism-based development good for the poor?: A general equilibrium analysis for Thailand,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 929-955.
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2006. "Is Tourism-Based Development Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Thailand," Staff Paper Series 502, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- A. T. Blake & A. J. Rayner & G. V. Reed, 1999. "A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Agricultural Liberalisation: The Uruguay Round and Common Agricultural Policy Reform," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 400-424.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Rath, Badri Narayan & Prabheesh, K.P., 2016. "What is the value of corporate sponsorship in sports?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 20-33.
- Scaringella, Laurent & Chanaron, Jean-Jacques, 2016. "Grenoble–GIANT Territorial Innovation Models: Are investments in research infrastructures worthwhile?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 92-101.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:325-337 is not listed on IDEAS
- AmÃ©lie Charles & Olivier DarnÃ©, 2016.
"Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study,"
AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 2028-2036.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2016. "Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study," Post-Print hal-01395333, HAL.
- Bartha, Eva & Perenyi, Szilvia, 2015. "Communication of trainers as one of the means for customer retention in fitness clubs," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 9(1-2).
- Cuccia, Tiziana & Guccio, Calogero & Rizzo, Ilde, 2016. "The effects of UNESCO World Heritage List inscription on tourism destinations performance in Italian regions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 494-508.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:621-629 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic impacts; Tourism impacts; The Beijing Olympics; Computable general equilibrium modelling; imperfect competition;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:30:y:2013:i:c:p:235-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.