Multilateral liberalisation of services trade
This paper compares estimates of the gains from eliminating barriers to trade in services with those from eliminating post-Uruguay barriers remaining in the traditional areas of agriculture and manufacturing. It uses a model that incorporates a bilateral treatment of foreign direct investment, one of the key vehicles by which services are traded internationally.The model is a version of GTAP with foreign direct investment, known as FTAP.
|Date of creation:||14 Aug 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - Word 97; prepared on IPM PC; to print on HP; pages: 34; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James E. Anderson & J. Peter Neary, 1993.
"Measuring the restrictiveness of trade policy,"
199307, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- James E. Anderson & J. Peter Neary, 1991.
"A new approach to evaluating trade policy,"
199105, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1992. "A New Approach to Evaluating Trade Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J Anderson & J.P. Neary, 1993. "A New Approach to Evaluating Trade Policy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0173, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Anderson, James E. & Neary, J. Peter, 1992. "A new approach to evaluating trade policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1022, The World Bank.
- Deardoff, A.V. & Brown, D.K. & Stern, R.M. & Fox, A.K., 1995. "Computational Analysis of Goods and Services Liberalization in the Uruguay Round," Working Papers 379, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0207002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.