The role of financial intermediaries in transitional economies
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 42 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jme|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levine, Ross & Scott, David, 1993.
"Old debts and new beginnings: A policy choice in transitional socialist economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 319-330, March.
- Levine, Ross & Scott, David, 1992. "Old debts and new beginnings : a policy choice in transitional socialist economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 876, The World Bank.
- Gray, Cheryl W. & Hanson, Rebecca J., 1993. "Corporate governance in Central and Eastern Europe : lessons from advanced market economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1182, The World Bank.
- David Begg & Richard Portes, 1993.
"Enterprise debt and economic transformation (Financial restructuring of the state sector in Central and Eastern Europe),"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(1), pages 116-117, 01.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1992. "Enterprise Debt and Economic Transformation: Financial Restructuring of the State Sector in Central and Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Corbett, Jennifer & Mayer, Colin, 1991.
"Financial Reform in Eastern Europe: Progress With the Wrong Model,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
603, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Corbett, Jenny & Mayer, Colin, 1991. "Financial Reform in Eastern Europe: Progress with the Wrong Model," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 57-75, Winter.
- Fischer, Stanley & Gelb, Alan, 1990. "Issues in socialist economy reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 565, The World Bank.
- Raiser, Martin & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1993. "Output decline and recovery in Central Europe: the role of incentives before, during and after privatisation," Kiel Working Papers 601, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Pohl, Gerhard & Claessens, Stijn & DEC, 1994. "Banks, capital markets, and corporate governance : lessons from Russia for Eastern Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1326, The World Bank.
- Stanislaw Gomulka, 1993. "The Financial Situation of Polish Enterprises 1992-93 and its Impact on Monetary and Fiscal Policies," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0006, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Roman Frydman & Edmund S. Phelps & Andrzej Rapaczynski & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Needed mechanisms of corporate governance and finance in Eastern Europe 1," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(2), pages 171-207, 06.
- King, Robert G.*Levine, Ross, 1993.
"Finance and growth : Schumpeter might be right,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1083, The World Bank.
- Shafik, Nemat & DEC, 1993. "Making a market : mass privatization in the Czech and Slovak Republics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1231, The World Bank.
- Caprio, Gerard, Jr & Levine, Ross, 1994. "Reforming Finance in Transitional Socialist Economies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Pleskovic, Boris, 1994. "Financial policies in socialist countries in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1242, The World Bank.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Fisher, S. & Gelb, A., 1990. "Issues In Socialist Economy Reform," Working papers 567, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cowen, Tyler & Kroszner, Randall, 1989. "Scottish Banking before 1845: A Model for Laissez-Faire?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 221-231, May.
- English, William B., 1993. "The decline of private deposit insurance in the United States," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 57-128, June.
- Anderson, Robert E., 1994. "Voucher funds in transitional economies : the Czech and Slovak experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1324, The World Bank.
- John P Bonin, 1993. "On the Way to Privatizing Commercial Banks: Poland and Hungary Take Different Roads," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 35(4), pages 103-119, December.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Brian Pinto & Marek Belka & Stefan Krajewski, 1993. "Transforming State Enterprises in Poland: Evidence on Adjustment by Manufacturing Firms," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1), pages 213-270.
- Benston, George J. & Kaufman, George G., 1993. "Deposit insurance reform: a functional approach : A comment," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 41-50, June.
- Blejer, Mario I. & Sagari, Silvia B., 1991. "Hungary : financial sector reform in a socialist economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 595, The World Bank.
- Chamley, Christophe & Honohan, Patrick, 1990. "Taxation of financial intermediation : measurement principles and application to five African countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 421, The World Bank.
- Pinto, Brian & Belka, Marek & Krajewski, Stefan, 1993. "Transforming state enterprises in Poland : macroeconomic evidence on adjustment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1101, The World Bank.
- Peter Isard & Michael P. Dooley, 1991. "Establishing Incentive Structures and Planning Agencies That Support Market-Oriented Transformations," IMF Working Papers 91/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Allan H. Meltzer, 1994. "Regulatory Arrangements, Financial Stability, and Regulatory Reform," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 12(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Long, Millard & Sagari, Silvia B., 1991. "Financial reform in socialist economies in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 711, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:crcspp:v:42:y:1995:i::p:257-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.