Monetary policy during transition : an overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc G Quintyn, 1994. "Government Securities Versus Central Bank Securities in Developing Open Market Operations; Evaluation and Need for Coordinating Arrangements," IMF Working Papers 94/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Hugh Bredenkamp, 1993. "Conducting Monetary and Credit Policy in Countries of the Former Soviet Union; Some Issues and Options," IMF Working Papers 93/23, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard D Haas & Donald J Mathieson, 1994. "Establishing Monetary Control in Financial Systems With Insolvent Institutions," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 94/10, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 1994. "The Coordination of Domestic Public Debt and Monetary Management in Economies in Transition; Issues and Lessons From Experience," IMF Working Papers 94/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Mitra Farahbaksh & Gabriel Sensenbrenner, 1996. "Bank-By-Bank Credit Ceilings; Issues and Experiences," IMF Working Papers 96/63, International Monetary Fund.
- Lorena M. Zamalloa & Matthew I. Saal, 1994. "Use of Central Bank Credit Auctions in Economies in Transition," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 94/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Easterly, William R & Mauro, Paolo & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1995.
"Money Demand and Seigniorage-Maximizing Inflation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 583-603, May.
- Easterly, William & Mauro, Paolo & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1992. "Money demand and seignorage - maximizing inflation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1049, The World Bank.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carlos A. Végh, 1994. "Inflation Stabilization And Nominal Anchors," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(2), pages 35-45, April.
- Easterly, William & da Cunha, Paulo Viera & DEC, 1994. "Financing the storm : macroeconomic crisis in Russia, 1992-93," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1240, The World Bank.
- Thorne, Alfredo, 1993. "Eastern Europe's experience with banking reform: Is there a role for banks in the transition?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 959-1000, September.
- Gerard Caprio, Jr., 1995. "The role of financial intermediaries in transitional economies," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 257-302, June.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1995. "Inflation and Stabilization in Transition Economies; A Comparison with Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 95/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Thorne, Alfredo & DEC, 1993. "Eastern Europe's experience with banking reform : is there a role for banks in the transition?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1235, The World Bank.
- Michael Mussa & Robert P Flood, 1994.
"Issues Concerning Nominal Anchors for Monetary Policy,"
IMF Working Papers
94/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Flood & Michael Mussa, 1994. "Issues Concerning Nominal Anchors for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 4850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Wolf, Holger C, 1996. "The Wild Ride of the Ruble," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 251-261, October.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1993.
"Output Collapse in Eastern Europe: The Role of Credit,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 32-52, March.
- Guillermo Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1992. "Output Collapse in Eastern Europe; The Role of Credit," IMF Working Papers 92/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Louis Ceriel Hilbers, 1993. "Monetary Instruments and their Use During the Transition From a Centrally Planned to a Market Economy," IMF Working Papers 93/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Scott Hunt, 1993. "Economic Transformation in Central Europe: A Progress Report," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 64-65, September.
- Marek Dabrowski, 1995. "The Reasons of the Collapse of the Ruble Zone," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0058, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Tomás J. T. Baliño & Charles Enoch & William E. Alexander, 1995. "The Adoption of Indirect Instruments of Monetary Policy," IMF Occasional Papers 126, International Monetary Fund.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-371, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Randolph Luca Bruno & Elodie Douarin & Julia Korosteleva & Slavo Radosevic, 2014. "Technology choices and growth: testing and expanding the propositions of new structural economics in transition economies," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 127, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES), revised Oct 2014.
- Stijn Claessens & Daniel Oks & Rossana Polastri, 2000.
"Capital Flows to Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies, pages 299-339
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claessens,Constantijn A.*Oks, Daniel*Polastri, R, 1998. "Capital flows to Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1976, The World Bank.
- Barlow, David, 2010. "How did structural reform influence inflation in transition economies?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 198-210, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPayment Systems&Infrastructure; Economic Theory&Research; Fiscal&Monetary Policy; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Macroeconomic Management; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Stabilization; Economic Theory&Research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.