“Transition is a bridge, therefore do not dwell upon it”1
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amitai Etzioni, 1991. "Eastern Europe: The Wealth of Lessons," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 4-10, July.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- David Begg & Richard Portes, 1993.
"Enterprise debt and economic transformation (Financial restructuring of the state sector in Central and Eastern Europe),"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(1), pages 116-117, January.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1992. "Enterprise Debt and Economic Transformation: Financial Restructuring of the State Sector in Central and Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raiser, Martin & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1993. "Output decline and recovery in Central Europe: the role of incentives before, during and after privatisation," Kiel Working Papers 601, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Coricelli, Fabrizio, 1992. "Stagflationary Effects of Stabilization Programs in Reforming Socialist Countries: Enterprise-Side and Household-Side Factors," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(1), pages 71-90, January.
- Pinto, Brian & Belka, Marek & Krajewski, Stefan, 1992. "Microeconomics of transformation in Poland : a survey of state enterprise responses," Policy Research Working Paper Series 982, The World Bank.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "Moderate Inflation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Gomulka, Stanislaw & Johnson, Paul, 1991. "The causes of recession following stabilization," Economic History Working Papers 21107, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- S Estrin & P Hare & M Suranyi, 1992. "Banking in Transition: Development and Current Problems in Hungary," CEP Discussion Papers dp0068, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Meghnad Desai & S Estrin, 1992. "Some Simple Dynamics of Transition from Command to Market Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0085, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hughes, Gordon & Hare, Paul G, 1992.
"Industrial Policy and Restructuring in Eastern Europe,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 82-104, Spring.
- Hare, Paul G & Hughes, Gordon, 1992. "Industrial Policy and Restructuring in Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hrncir, M., 1993. "Financial Intermediation in the Czech Republic: Lessons and Progress Evaluation," Papers 9302, Cambridge - D.P. on Economic Transition.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Saul Estrin & Paul Hare & Marta Surányi, 1992. "Banking in transition: Development and current problems in Hungary," Europe-Asia Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 785-808.
- Siebert, Horst, 1991. "The transformation of Eastern Europe," Kiel Discussion Papers 163, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Perotti, Enrico C., 1993. "Bank lending in transition economies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1021-1032, September.
- Stanislaw Gomulka & Paul Johnson, 1991. "The Causes of Recession following Stabilization," CEP Discussion Papers dp0033, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- McDermott, Gerald A & Mejstrik, Michal, 1992. "The Role of Small Firms in the Industrial Development and Transformation of Czechoslovakia," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 179-200, September.
- Stanislaw Gomulka, 1991. "The Causes of Recession Following Stabilization," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 33(2), pages 71-90, July.
- Fry, Maxwell J & Nuti, Domenico Mario, 1992. "Monetary and Exchange-Rate Policies during Eastern Europe's Transition: Some Lessons from Further East," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 27-43, Spring.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E, 1992. "Is There a J-Curve for the Economic Transition from Socialism to Capitalism?," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 37-53.
- Pinto, Brian & Belka, Marek & Krajewski, Stefan, 1993. "Transforming state enterprises in Poland : macroeconomic evidence on adjustment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1101, The World Bank.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1993. "An institutional approach to banking reform in Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 560, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Murrell, Peter, 1992. "Evolutionary and Radical Approaches to Economic Reform," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 79-95.
- Aspe, Pedro, 1992. "Macroeconomic stabilization and structural change in Mexico," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 320-328, April.
- Saul Estrin & Alan Gelb & Inderjit Singh, 1993. "Enterprises in Transition: Issues and Methods of Analysis," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 3-18, October.
- Holger Schmieding, 1993. "From plan to market: On the nature of the transformation crisis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 216-253, June.
- Raiser, Martin, 1994. "Ein tschechisches Wunder? Zur Rolle politikinduzierter Anreizstrukturen im Transformationsprozeß," Kiel Discussion Papers 233, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jonathan David Ostry & Eduardo Borensztein & Dimitri G Demekas, 1992. "The Output Decline in the Aftermath of Reform; The Cases of Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, and Romania," IMF Working Papers 92/59, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:3:y:1995:i:2:p:215-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebrdduk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.