Long work hours and health in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Guifu Chen & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2013. "Formal And Informal Employment And Income Differentials In Urban China," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(7), pages 987-1004, October.
- David Bell & Steffen Otterbach & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2012.
"Work Hours Constraints and Health,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 105-106, pages 35-54.
- Bell, David N.F. & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints and Health," IZA Discussion Papers 6126, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Bell & Steffen Otterbach & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints and Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 424, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bell, David & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011. "Work hours constraints and health," FZID Discussion Papers 36-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Das, Marcel & van Soest, Arthur, 1999.
"A panel data model for subjective information on household income growth,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 409-426, December.
- Das, J.W.M. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "A Panel Data Model for Subjective Information on Household Income Growth," Discussion Paper 1996-75, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Das, J.W.M. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "A panel data model for subjective information on household income growth," Other publications TiSEM a6683363-b5a6-4fe7-b062-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Steffen Otterbach, 2010.
"Mismatches Between Actual and Preferred Work Time: Empirical Evidence of Hours Constraints in 21 Countries,"
Journal of Consumer Policy,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Otterbach, Steffen, 2009. "Mismatches between actual and preferred work time: empirical evidence of hours constraints in 21 countries," FZID Discussion Papers 07-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Gregori Baetschmann & Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2015.
"Consistent estimation of the fixed effects ordered logit model,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(3), pages 685-703, June.
- Baetschmann, Gregori & Staub, Kevin E. & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2011. "Consistent Estimation of the Fixed Effects Ordered Logit Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5443, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bassanini, Andrea & Caroli, Eve, 2014.
"Is work bad for health? The role of constraint vs choice,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb)
- Andrea Bassanini & Eve Caroli, 2017. "Is work bad for health? The role of constraint vs choice," Working Papers hal-01511562, HAL.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Caroli, Eve, 2014. "Is Work Bad for Health? The Role of Constraint vs Choice," IZA Discussion Papers 7891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xie, Shiqing & Mo, Taiping, 2014. "The impact of education on health in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-18.
- Lei, Xiaoyan & Yin, Nina & Zhao, Yaohui, 2012. "Socioeconomic status and chronic diseases: The case of hypertension in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 105-121.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2013. "Working hours in C hinese enterprises: evidence from matched employer–employee data," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 57-77, January.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2012:i:105-106:p:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhong Zhao, 2008. "Health demand and health determinants in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 77-98.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Russell Smyth & Xiaolei Qian & Ingrid Nielsen & Ines Kaempfer, 2013. "Working Hours in Supply Chain Chinese and Thai Factories: Evidence from the Fair Labor Association's ‘Soccer Project’," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 51(2), pages 382-408, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12483 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John, 2008.
"Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 519-529, March.
- John Cawley & Richard V. Burkhauser, 2006. "Beyond BMI: The Value of More Accurate Measures of Fatness and Obesity in Social Science Research," NBER Working Papers 12291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xu, Xin, 2013. "The business cycle and health behaviors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 126-136.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2012. "Work Hours in Chinese Enterprises: Evidence From Matched Employer-Employee Data," Monash Economics Working Papers 10-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nie, Peng & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2017. "What Chinese Workers Value: An Analysis of Job Satisfaction, Job Expectations, and Labor Turnover in China," IZA Discussion Papers 10963, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsLong work hours; Health; Lifestyle; China;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:33:y:2015:i:c:p:212-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.