Environmental and cost efficiency of pesticide use in transgenic and conventional cotton production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, I. & Cordina, D., 1999. "An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 267-282.
- Dyckhoff, H. & Allen, K., 2001. "Measuring ecological efficiency with data envelopment analysis (DEA)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 312-325, July.
- Loren Tauer & Zdenko Stefanides, 1998.
"Success in maximizing profits and reasons for profit deviation on dairy farms,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 151-156, February.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Stefanides, Zdenko, 1997. "Success in Maximizing Profits and Reasons for Profit Deviation on Dairy Farms," Working Papers 127827, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Stefanides, Zdenko, 1997. "Success In Maximizing Profits And Reasons For Profit Deviation On Dairy Farms," Working Papers 127823, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Lin, William W. & Price, Gregory K. & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge, 2001. "Estimating Farm-Level Effects Of Adopting Biotechnology," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20484, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Tauer, Loren W., 1993.
"Short-Run and Long-Run Efficiencies of New York Dairy Farms,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, pages 1-9.
- Tauer, Loren W., 1993. "Short-Run And Long-Run Efficiencies Of New York Dairy Farms," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 22(1), April.
- Qaim, Matin, 2003. "Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2115-2127, December.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & Rozelle, Scott & Qiao, Fangbin & Pray, Carl E., 2002. "Transgenic varieties and productivity of smallholder cotton farmers in China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey & Schupp, Alvin & Taylor, Gary, 1997.
"Factors Affecting Production Efficiency in a New Alternative Enterprise: The Case of the Ratite Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, pages 409-418.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Schupp, Alvin R. & Taylor, Gary, 1997. "Factors Affecting Production Efficiency In A New Alternative Enterprise: The Case Of The Ratite Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), December.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Klotz-Ingram, Cassandra & Jans, Sharon, 2002. "Farm-Level Effects Of Adopting Herbicide-Tolerant Soybeans In The U.S.A," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(01), April.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & McBride, William D., 2002. "Adoption Of Bioengineered Crops," Agricultural Economics Reports 33957, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Iraizoz, Belen & Rapun, Manuel & Zabaleta, Idoia, 2003. "Assessing the technical efficiency of horticultural production in Navarra, Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 387-403.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Bullock, David S., 2003. "Simulating a relative environmental effect of glyphosate-resistant soybeans," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 189-202, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frisvold, George, 2010. "Resistance Management and Sustainable Use of Agricultural Biotechnology," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 188091, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Skevas, Theodoros & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Stefanou, Spiro E., 2012. "Measuring technical efficiency in the presence of pesticide spillovers and production uncertainty: The case of Dutch arable farms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 550-559.
- Bamiére, Laure & Martinet, Vincent & Gouel, Christophe & Le Cadre, Elodie, 2011.
"Stochastic Viability of Second Generation Biofuel Chains: Micro-economic Spatial Modeling in France,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
114238, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Evita Pangaribowo & Nicolas Gerber & Pascal Tillie, 2013. "Assessing the FNS impacts of technological and institutional innovations and future innovation trends," FOODSECURE Working papers 11, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Laure Bamière & Vincent Martinet & Christophe Gouel, 2013. "Stochastic viability of second generation biofuel chains: Micro-economic spatial modeling in France," Working Papers 2013/02, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Scrimgeour, Frank & Marsh, Dan, 2011. "Analysis of environmental and economic efficiency using a farm population micro-simulation model," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 1344-1352.
- Qiao, Fangbin, 2015. "Fifteen Years of Bt Cotton in China: The Economic Impact and its Dynamics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 177-185.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Pesticide Reduction Sustainability of Bt Technology in India," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114696, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sana Sadaf & Khalid Riaz, 2012. "Does Access to Modern Marketing Channels Improve Dairy Enterprises’ Efficiency? A Case Study of Punjab, Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 63-82, Jan-June.
- Kiatpathomchai, Sirirat & Schmitz, P. Michael & Thongrak, Sutonya, 2009. "Technical efficiency improvement of rice farming in southern Thailand," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50554, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hou, Lingling & Hoag, Dana & Keske, Catherine M.H. & Lu, Changhe, 2014. "Sustainable value of degraded soils in China's Loess Plateau: An updated approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 20-27.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Bt cotton and sustainability of pesticide reductions in India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 47-55.
- Chellattan Veettil, Prakashan & Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Bt Cotton and Ecosystem Impacts of Pesticide Reductions," Discussion Papers 180977, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:90:y:2006:i:1-3:p:312-328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.