Social and economic impacts of subsidy policies on rural development in the Poyang Lake Region, China: Insights from an agent-based model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yan, Dan & Schneider, Uwe A. & Schmid, Erwin & Huang, He Qing & Pan, Lihu & Dilly, Oliver, 2013. "Interactions between land use change, regional development, and climate change in the Poyang Lake district from 1985 to 2035," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 10-21.
- Calum G. Turvey & Guangwen He & Rong Kong & Jiujie Ma & Patrick Meagher, 2011. "The 7 Cs of rural credit in China," Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 100-133, October.
- Wusheng Yu & Hans G. Jensen, 2010.
"China’s Agricultural Policy Transition: Impacts of Recent Reforms and Future Scenarios,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 343-368, June.
- Yu, Wusheng & Jensen, Hans Grinsted, 2009. "China’s Agricultural Policy Transition: Impacts of Recent Reforms and Future Scenarios," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51682, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Liangliang Gao & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2012. "Rental markets for cultivated land and agricultural investments in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(4), pages 391-403, July.
- Whitfield, Stephen & Dixon, Jami L. & Mulenga, Brian P. & Ngoma, Hambulo, 2015. "Conceptualising farming systems for agricultural development research: Cases from Eastern and Southern Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 54-62.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:04:p:1095-1111_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & Wang, Xiaobing & Zhi, Huayong & Huang, Zhurong & Rozelle, Scott, 2011.
"Subsidies and distortions in China’s agriculture: evidence from producer-level data,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 1-19.
- Jikun Huang & Xiaobing Wang & Huayong Zhi & Zhurong Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2011. "Subsidies and distortions in China’s agriculture: evidence from producer‐level data," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 53-71, January.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "The potential of land rental markets in the process of economic development: Evidence from China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 241-270, October.
- Shenggen Fan, 1991.
"Effects of Technological Change and Institutional Reform on Production Growth in Chinese Agriculture,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 266-275.
- Fan, Shenggen, 1990. "Effects Of Technological Change And Institutional Reform On Production Growth In Chinese Agriculture," Staff Papers 13454, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Eastwood, Robert & Lipton, Michael & Newell, Andrew, 2010. "Farm Size," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Berger, Thomas, 2001. "Agent-based spatial models applied to agriculture: a simulation tool for technology diffusion, resource use changes and policy analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 245-260, September.
- Berger, Thomas & Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Woelcke, Johannes, 2006. "Multi-agent simulation for the targeting of development policies in less-favored areas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 28-43, April.
- Tu, Qin & Heerink, Nico & Xing, Li, 2006. "Factors Affecting the Development of Land Rental Markets in China - A Case Study for Puding County, Guizhou Province," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25547, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yang Yao, 2000. "The Development of the Land Lease Market in Rural China," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 252-266.
- Jikun Huang & Jun Yang & Scott Rozelle, 2010. "China's agriculture: drivers of change and implications for China and the rest of world," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 47-55, November.
- Li Rui & Zhu Xi, 2010. "Econometric analysis of credit constraints of chinese rural households and welfare loss," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(13), pages 1615-1625.
- Huang, Jikun & Wang, Xiaobing & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "The subsidization of farming households in China’s agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 124-132.
- Zheng, Chaohui & Liu, Yi & Bluemling, Bettina & Chen, Jining & Mol, Arthur P.J., 2013. "Modeling the environmental behavior and performance of livestock farmers in China: An ABM approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 60-72.
- Yi, Fujin & Sun, Dingqiang & Zhou, Yingheng, 2015. "Grain subsidy, liquidity constraints and food security—Impact of the grain subsidy program on the grain-sown areas in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 114-124.
- Quang, Dang Viet & Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas, 2014. "Ex-ante assessment of soil conservation methods in the uplands of Vietnam: An agent-based modeling approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 108-119.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus, 2009.
"Land rental markets in the process of rural structural transformation: Productivity and equity impacts from China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 629-646, December.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus W., 2007. "Land Rental Markets in the Process of Rural Structural Transformation: Productivity and Equity Impacts from China," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9932, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cuiping Xu & H. Holly Wang & Qinghua Shi, 2012. "Farmers’ Income and Production Responses to Rural Taxation Reform in Three Regions in China," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 291-309, June.
- Li, Rui & Li, Qinghai & Huang, Shaoan & Zhu, Xi, 2013. "The credit rationing of Chinese rural households and its welfare loss: An investigation based on panel data," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 17-27.
- Heerink, Nico & Qu, Futian & Kuiper, Marijke & Shi, Xiaoping & Tan, Shuhao, 2007. "Policy reforms, rice production and sustainable land use in China: A macro-micro analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 784-800, June.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Martin, Philip L., 2001. "Human capital: Migration and rural population change," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 457-511 Elsevier.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Saqalli, M. & Gérard, B. & Bielders, C.L. & Defourny, P., 2011. "Targeting rural development interventions: Empirical agent-based modeling in Nigerien villages," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(4), pages 354-364, April.
- Gale, Fred, 2013. "Growth and Evolution in China's Agricultural Support Policies," Economic Research Report 155385, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Shi, Xiaoping & HEERINK, Nico & QU, Futian, 2011. "Does off-farm employment contribute to agriculture-based environmental pollution? New insights from a village-level analysis in Jiangxi Province, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 524-533.
- Nico Heerink & Marijke Kuiper & Xiaoping Shi, 2006.
"China's New Rural Income Support Policy: Impacts on Grain Production and Rural Income Inequality,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(6), pages 58-69, November.
- Heerink, Nico & Kuiper, Marijke H. & Xiaoping, Shi, 2006. "China's New Rural Income Support Policy: Impact on Grain Production and Rural Income Inequality," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25625, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Meng, Lei, 2012. "Can grain subsidies impede rural–urban migration in hinterland China? Evidence from field surveys," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 729-741.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:164:y:2018:i:c:p:264-276 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural development; Subsidy policy; Land rental markets; Agent-based modeling; Rural-urban connection and interaction; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:148:y:2016:i:c:p:12-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.