Farmers’ Income and Production Responses to Rural Taxation Reform in Three Regions in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 2010.
"Instruments, Randomization, and Learning about Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(2), pages 424-455, June.
- Angus Deaton, 2010. "Instruments, randomization, and learning about development," Working Papers 1224, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Christopher B. Barrett & Christine M. Moser & Oloro V. McHugh & Joeli Barison, 2004.
"Better Technology, Better Plots, or Better Farmers? Identifying Changes in Productivity and Risk among Malagasy Rice Farmers,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 869-888.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Moser, Christine M. & Barison, Joeli & McHugh, Oloro V., 2003. "Better Technology, Better Plots or Better Farmers? Identifying Changes In Productivity and Risk Among Malagasy Rice Farmers," Working Papers 127212, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Moser, Christine M., 2003. "Better Technology, Better Plots or Better Farmers? Identifying Changes in Productivity and Risk Among Malagasy Rice Farmers," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22251, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Elizaphan J.O. Rao & Matin Qaim, 2010. "Supermarkets, farm household income, and poverty: Insights from Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 28, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Menale Kassie & Precious Zikhali & John Pender & Gunnar Köhlin, 2010. "The Economics of Sustainable Land Management Practices in the Ethiopian Highlands," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 605-627.
- Mbogoh, Stephen G. & Wambugu, Florence M. & Wakhusama, Sam, 2003. "Socio-Economic Impact Of Biotechnology Applications: Some Lessons From The Pilot Tissue-Culture (Tc) Banana Production Promotion Project In Kenya, 1997-2002," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Petra E. Todd & Jeffrey A. Smith, 2001. "Reconciling Conflicting Evidence on the Performance of Propensity-Score Matching Methods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 112-118, May.
- Michael Lokshin & Zurab Sajaia, 2004. "Maximum likelihood estimation of endogenous switching regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 282-289, September.
- Morris, M. L. & Heisey, P. W., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of plant breeding research: methodological issues and practical challenges," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 241-252, December.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Arega Alene & V. Manyong, 2007. "The effects of education on agricultural productivity under traditional and improved technology in northern Nigeria: an endogenous switching regression analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 141-159, April.
- Romina Cavatassi & Lina Salazar & Mario González‐Flores & Paul Winters, 2011. "How do Agricultural Programmes Alter Crop Production? Evidence from Ecuador," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 403-428, June.
- Ira Matuschke & Matin Qaim, 2009. "The impact of social networks on hybrid seed adoption in India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 493-505, September.
- Ira Matuschke & Matin Qaim, 2008. "Seed Market Privatisation and Farmers' Access to Crop Technologies: The Case of Hybrid Pearl Millet Adoption in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 498-515, September.
- Smale, Melinda & Tushemereirwe, Wilbeforce K., 2007. "An economic assessment of banana genetic improvement and innovation in the Lake Victoria Region of Uganda and Tanzania:," Research reports 155, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maddala, G.S., 1986. "Disequilibrium, self-selection, and switching models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1633-1688 Elsevier.
- Morris, M.L. & Heisey, P.W., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of plant breeding research: methodological issues and practical challenges," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(3), December.
- Keith O. Fuglie & Darrell J. Bosch, 1995. "Economic and Environmental Implications of Soil Nitrogen Testing: A Switching-Regression Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 891-900.
- Paul Winters & Alessandro Maffioli & Lina Salazar, 2011. "Introduction to the Special Feature: Evaluating the Impact of Agricultural Projects in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 393-402, June.
- Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Supermarkets, farm household income and poverty: Insights from Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95771, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb-Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 250-252.
- Svetlana Edmeades & Melinda Smale, 2006. "A trait-based model of the potential demand for a genetically engineered food crop in a developing economy," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 351-361, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tian, Qing & Holland, John H. & Brown, Daniel G., 2016. "Social and economic impacts of subsidy policies on rural development in the Poyang Lake Region, China: Insights from an agent-based model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 12-27.
- Feike, Til & Henseler, Martin, 2017. "Multiple Policy Instruments for Sustainable Water Management in Crop Production - A Modeling Study for the Chinese Aksu-Tarim Region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 42-54.
- Yi, Fujin & Sun, Dingqiang & Zhou, Yingheng, 2015. "Grain subsidy, liquidity constraints and food security—Impact of the grain subsidy program on the grain-sown areas in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 114-124.
- Yi, Fujin & Lu, Wuyi & Zhou, Yingheng, 2015. "Cash Transfers and Multiplier Effect: Lessons from the Grain Subsidy Program in China," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211877, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yi, Fujin & Sun, Dingqiang, 2014. "Grain Subsidy, Liquidity Constraints and Food security—Impact of the Grain Subsidy Program on the Grain-Sown Areas in China," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169779, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jing Zhu & Wusheng Yu & Junying Wang & Christian Elleby, 2016. "Tariff Liberalisation, Price Transmission and Rural Welfare in China," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 24-46, February.
- Li Jiang & Erkki Hiltunen & Xianglin He & Liandong Zhu, 2016. "A Questionnaire Case Study to Investigate Public Awareness of Smog Pollution in China’s Rural Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-10, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:63:y:2012:i:2:p:291-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.