Policy impacts under alternative land market regimes in rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie & Mukherjee, Anit, 2005. "Rural and urban dynamics and poverty: Evidence from China and India," FCND discussion papers 196, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scott McDonald & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2007. "Globe: A SAM Based Global CGE Model using GTAP Data," Departmental Working Papers 14, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- SHI, Xiaoping & Heerink, Nico & Qu, Futian, 2007. "Choices between different off-farm employment sub-categories: An empirical analysis for Jiangxi Province, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 438-455.
- Tu, Qin & Heerink, Nico & Xing, Li, 2006. "Factors Affecting the Development of Land Rental Markets in China A Case Study for Puding County, Guizhou Province," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25547, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kung, James Kai-sing, 2002. "Off-Farm Labor Markets and the Emergence of Land Rental Markets in Rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 395-414, June.
- Yang Yao, 2000. "The Development of the Land Lease Market in Rural China," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 252-266.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1984. "Estimating labor supply and production decisions of self-employed farm producers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 61-82.
- Ran Tao & Zhigang Xu, 2007. "Urbanization, rural land system and social security for migrants in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(7), pages 1301-1320.
- Brown, Philip H. & Bulte, Erwin & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011.
"Positional spending and status seeking in rural China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 139-149, September.
- Brown, Philip H. & Bulte, Erwin & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Positional spending and status seeking in rural China," IFPRI discussion papers 983, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- XING, Li & FAN, Shenggen & LUO, Xiaopeng & ZHang, Xiaobo, 2009. "Community poverty and inequality in western China: A tale of three villages in Guizhou Province," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 338-349, June.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "The potential of land rental markets in the process of economic development: Evidence from China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 241-270, October.
- Michael R. Carter & Yang Yao, 2002. "Local versus Global Separability in Agricultural Household Models: The Factor Price Equalization Effect of Land Transfer Rights," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 702-715.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Regional Migration; Agricultural Household Model; Land Markets; Poverty; Inequality; Computable General Equilibrium; Agricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Security and Poverty; International Relations/Trade; Land Economics/Use; Q12; Q15; C68; R23;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-07-08 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-07-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae12:125860. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.