Land consolidation and productivity in Chinese household crop production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Yongzheng & Tyers, Rodney, 1989. "The economic costs of food self-sufficiency in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Blarel, Benoit, et al, 1992. "The Economics of Farm Fragmentation: Evidence from Ghana and Rwanda," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 233-254, May.
- Monke, Eric & Avillez, Francisco & Ferro, Manuela, 1992. "Consolidation Policies and Small-Farm Agriculture in Northwest Portugal," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 67-83.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Shujie Yao & Zinan Liu, 1998. "Determinants of Grain Production and Technical Efficiency in China," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 171-184.
- Shouying LIU & Michael R. CHARTER & Yang Yao, 1996. "Abstract Of Dimensions And Diversity Of Property Rights In Rural China: Dilemmas On The Road To Further Reform," Staff Papers 395, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Heston, Alan & Kumar, Dharma, 1983. "The persistence of land fragmentation in peasant agriculture: An analysis of South Asian cases," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 199-220, April.
- Xiao-Yuan Dong, 2000. "Public investment, social services and productivity of Chinese household farms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 100-122.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Yuquan W. & Beach, Robert H. & Cai, Yongxia, 2013. "China’s Agriculture under Urbanization: A Partial Equilibrium Analysis," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150782, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ali,Daniel Ayalew & Deininger,Klaus W. & Ronchi,Loraine, 2015. "Costs and benefits of land fragmentation : evidence from Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7290, The World Bank.
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Monchuk & Hari K Nagarajan & Sudhir K Singh, 2017.
"Does Land Fragmentation Increase the Cost of Cultivation? Evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(1), pages 82-98, January.
- Deininger, Klaus & Monchuk, Daniel & Nagarajan, Hari K & Singh, Sudhir K, 2014. "Does land fragmentation increase the cost of cultivation ? evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7085, The World Bank.
- Tan, Shuhao & Heerink, Nico & Kruseman, Gideon & Qu, Futian, 2008. "Do fragmented landholdings have higher production costs? Evidence from rice farmers in Northeastern Jiangxi province, P.R. China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 347-358, September.
- Orea, Luis & Pérez, Jose A. & Roibás, David, 2013. "Evaluating the double effect of land fragmentation on technology choice and dairy farm productivity: A latent class model approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2013/08, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:199:y:2018:i:c:p:93-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Grethe, Harald, 2012. "Trade policy impacts under alternative land market regimes in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1071-1089.
- Jia, Lili, 2012. "Land fragmentation and off-farm labor supply in China," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 66, number 66.
- Wen-Ge Fu & Sizhong Sun & Zhang-Yue Zhou, 2011. "Technical efficiency of food processing in China: the case of flour and rice processing," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 321-334, September.
- Niskanen, Olli & Heikkilä, Anna-Maija, 2015.
"The Impact of Parcel Structure on the Efficiency of Finnish Dairy Farms,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(01), pages 65-77, April.
- Niskanen, Olli & HeikkilÃ¤, Anna-Maija, 2015. "The Impact of Parcel Structure on the Efficiency of Finnish Dairy Farms," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(1), April.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012.
"Land fragmentation, market integration and farm efficiency: empirical evidence from Kosovo,"
86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
134968, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation, Market Integration and Farm Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from Kosovo," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123236, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0688-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lai, Wangyang & Roe, Brian & Liu, Yumei, 2015. "Estimating the Effect of Land Fragmentation on Machinery Use and Crop Production," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205280, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Jaleta, Moti, 2010. "Commercialization of Smallholders: Is Market Participation Enough?," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96159, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Grammatikopoulou, Ioanna & Myyra, Sami & Pouta, Eija, 2011. "The proximity of a field plot and land-use choice: implications for land consolidation," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114602, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace E. & Rozelle, Scott, 2009.
"Farm technology and technical efficiency: Evidence from four regions in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 153-161, June.
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "Farm Technology and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Four Regions in China," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12605, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation and Market Integration - Heterogeneous Technologies in Kosovo," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137385, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Carletto, Calogero, 2012.
"Land Fragmentation, Cropland Abandonment, and Land Market Operation in Albania,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2108-2122.
- Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Carletto, Calogero, 2012. "Land fragmentation, cropland abandonment, and land market operation in Albania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6032, The World Bank.
- Nancy H. Chau & Weiwen Zhang, 2011.
"Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion: The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowances,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(3), pages 488-507.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Zhang, Weiwen, 2010. "Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion –The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowence," Working Papers 126964, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Zhang, Weiwen, 2011. "Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion - The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowance," Discussion Papers 99416, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Heterogeneous Technologies as an Answer to Market and Price Risk: The Case of Kosovo," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122509, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Jaleta, Moti, 2013. "Policy Imperatives of Commercial Transformation of Smallholders: Market Orientation Versus market Participation in Ethiopia," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160580, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Tegegne, Azage, 2012. "Market Orientation and Market Participation of Smallholders in Ethiopia: Implications for Commercial Transformation," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125847, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0719-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:16:y:2005:i:1:p:28-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.