Factors influencing farmers’ adoption of modern rice technologies and good management practices in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Awudu Abdulai & Wallace E. Huffman, 2005. "The Diffusion of New Agricultural Technologies: The Case of Crossbred-Cow Technology in Tanzania," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 645-659.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 1999. "Analysis of the Determinants of Adoption of Organic Horticultural Techniques in the UK," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 47-63.
- Wozniak, Gregory D, 1993. "Joint Information Acquisition and New Technology Adoption: Late versus Early Adoption," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 438-445, August.
- Gershon Feder & Roger Slade, 1984. "The Acquisition of Information and the Adoption of New Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 312-320.
- Abhijit Sharma & Alastair Bailey & Iain Fraser, 2011.
"Technology Adoption and Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 73-92, February.
- Sharma, Abhijit & Bailey, Alastair & Fraser, Iain, 2009. "Technology Adoption And Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models," MPRA Paper 15805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sharma, Abhijit & Bailey, Alastair & Fraser, Iain, 2009. "Technology Adoption And Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51335, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rahelizatovo, Noro C. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2004.
"The Adoption of Best-Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Producers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Rahelizatovo, Noro C. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2004. "The Adoption of Best-Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 229-240, April.
- Green, Gareth P. & Sunding, David L., 1997.
"Land Allocation, Soil Quality, And The Demand For Irrigation Technology,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Green, Gareth P. & Sunding, David L., 1997. "Land Allocation, Soil Quality and the Demand for Irrigation Technology," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35807, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Madhu Khanna, 2001.
"Sequential Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies and its Implications for Nitrogen Productivity: A Double Selectivity Model,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 35-51.
- Khanna, Madhu, 1999. "Sequential Adoption Of Site-Specific Technologies And Its Implications For Nitrogen Productivity: A Double Selectivity Model," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21599, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ramírez, Octavio A. & Shultz, Steven D., 2000.
"Poisson Count Models to Explain the Adoption of Agricultural and Natural Resource Management Technologies by Small Farmers in Central American Countries,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 21-33, April.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Schultz, Steven D., 2000. "Poisson Count Models To Explain The Adoption Of Agricultural And Natural Resource Management Technologies By Small Farmers In Central American Countries," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Shudong Zhou & Thomas Herzfeld & Thomas Glauben & Yunhua Zhang & Bingchuan Hu, 2008. "Factors Affecting Chinese Farmers' Decisions to Adopt a Water-Saving Technology," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(1), pages 51-61, March.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Bindlish, Vishva & Evenson, Robert E, 1997. "The Impact of T&V Extension in Africa: The Experience of Kenya and Burkina Faso," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 183-201, August.
- Jonna P. ESTUDILLO & Keijiro OTSUKA, 2006. "Lessons From Three Decades Of Green Revolution In The Philippines," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 123-148.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1085-1100, June.
- Awudu Abdulai & Pierre Monnin & Jacques Gerber, 2008. "Joint estimation of information acquisition and adoption of new technologies under uncertainty," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 437-451.
- Kim, Seon-Ae & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2005. "Count Data Analysis of the Adoption of Best Management Practices in Beef Cattle Production," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35603, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Negash, Martha, 2015. "Drivers of bioenergy crop adoption: evidence from Ethiopia's castor bean contract farming," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 230226, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Murendo, Conrad & Gwara, Simon & Mpofu, Nkululeko & Pedzisa, Tarisayi & Mazvimavi, Kizito & Chivenge, Pauline, 2016. "The adoption of a portfolio of sustainable agricultural practices by smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246383, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Muhammad Kabir & Ruslan Rainis, 2015. "Adoption and intensity of integrated pest management (IPM) vegetable farming in Bangladesh: an approach to sustainable agricultural development," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 1413-1429, December.
- Sanzidur Rahman & Chidiebere Daniel Chima, 2016. "Determinants of Food Crop Diversity and Profitability in Southeastern Nigeria: A Multivariate Tobit Approach," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-14, April.
- Avila-Santamaria, Jorge J. & Useche, Maria P., 2016. "Urea Subsidies and the Decision to Allocate Land to a New Fertilizing Technology: Ex-ante Analysis in Ecuador," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229851, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Raju Ghimire & Wen-Chi Huang, 2015. "Household wealth and adoption of improved maize varieties in Nepal: a double-hurdle approach," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1321-1335, December.
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb, 2014.
"Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences,"
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaib, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-03, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:1946-:d:116500 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lenin, Vera-Montenegro & Baviera-Puig, Amparo & GarcÃa-Ã lvarez-Coque, JosÃ©-MarÃa, 2014. "Multi-Criteria Methodology: AHP and Fuzzy Logic in the Selection of Post-Harvest Technology for Smallholder Cocoa Production," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- repec:gam:jagris:v:6:y:2016:i:2:p:14:d:67401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nazziwa-Nviiri, Lydia & Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Amwonya, David, 2017. "Stimulating agricultural technology adoption: Lessons from fertilizer use among Ugandan potato farmers," IFPRI discussion papers 1608, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Pascucci, Stefano & Omta, Onno, 2013. "Adoption of improved potato varieties in Ethiopia: The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation system and smallholder farmers’ quality assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 22-32.
- Aguilar-Gallegos, Norman & Muñoz-Rodríguez, Manrrubio & Santoyo-Cortés, Horacio & Aguilar-Ávila, Jorge & Klerkx, Laurens, 2015. "Information networks that generate economic value: A study on clusters of adopters of new or improved technologies and practices among oil palm growers in Mexico," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 122-132.
More about this item
KeywordsAdoption; Modern rice technologies; Philippines; Good management practices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:110:y:2012:i:c:p:41-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.