Technology Adoption And Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abhijit Sharma & Alastair Bailey & Iain Fraser, 2011. "Technology Adoption and Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 73-92, February.
- Sharma, Abhijit & Bailey, Alastair & Fraser, Iain, 2009. "Technology Adoption And Pest Control Strategies Among UK Cereal Farmers: Evidence from Parametric and Nonparametric Count Data Models," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51335, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff & Stengos, Thanasis, 2007.
"Growth and convergence: A profile of distribution dynamics and mobility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 483-508, February.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff, 2006. "Growth And Convergence: A Profile Of Distribution Dynamics And Mobility," Departmental Working Papers 0605, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Peter Hall & Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Regressors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 784-789, November.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge, 1996. "The Microeconomic Impact of IPM Adoption: Theory and Application," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 149-160, October.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Pannell, David J., 1999.
"A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation,"
Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 145-154, October.
- Ghadim, Amir K. Abadi & Pannell, David J., 1999. "A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(2), October.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge, 1996. "The Microeconomic Impact Of Ipm Adoption: Theory And Application," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), October.
- Hayfield, Tristen & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: The np Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i05).
- Kim, Seon-Ae & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2005. "Count Data Analysis of the Adoption of Best Management Practices in Beef Cattle Production," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35603, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lohr, Luanne & Park, Timothy A., 2002. "Choice of insect management portfolios by organic farmers: lessons and comparative analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 87-99, November.
- Ali Chalak & Kelvin Balcombe & Alastair Bailey & Iain Fraser, 2008. "Pesticides, Preference Heterogeneity and Environmental Taxes," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 537-554, September.
- Bailey, Alastair & Bertaglia, Marco & Fraser, Iain & Sharma, Abhijit & Douarin, Elodie, 2009. "Integrated Pest Management Portfolios in UK Arable Farming: Results of a Farmer Survey," MPRA Paper 14764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Min, Insik & Fang, Cheng & Li, Qi, 2004. "Investigation of patterns in food-away-from-home expenditure for China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 457-476.
- Cowan, Robin & Gunby, Philip, 1996. "Sprayed to Death: Path Dependence, Lock-In and Pest Control Strategies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 521-542, May.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Huffman, Wallace, 2007. "The Diffusion of New Agricultural Technologies: The Case of Crossbreeding Technology in Tanzania," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12785, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nkegbe, Paul Kwame & Shankar, Bhavani, 2014. "Adoption intensity of soil and water conservation practices by smallholders: evidence from Northern Ghana," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Hinson, Roger A., 2012. "Intensity of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Practices Adoption by U.S. Nursery Crop Producers," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124942, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Williams, Deborah, 2014. "Effect of Remittance on Intensity of Agricultural Technology Adoption in Nepal," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162692, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lambrecht, Isabel & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Maertens, Miet, 2014. "Integrated soil fertility management: from concept to practice in eastern DR Congo," Working Papers 180062, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Carpentier, Alain & Gohin, Alexandre & Sckokai, Paolo & Thomas, Alban, 2015.
"Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 96(01), pages 131-165, March.
- Alain Carpentier & Alexandre Gohin & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2015. "Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges," Post-Print hal-01209067, HAL.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Adanacioğlu, Hakan & Aubert, Magali & Bouhsina, Zouhair & El Mekki, Abdelkader Ait & Rousset, Sylvain & Tozanli, Selma & Yercan, Murat, 2014.
"The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: The case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 268-280.
- Codron, J.M. & Adanacioglu, H. & Aubert, M. & Bouhsina, Z. & El Mekki, A.A. & Rousset, S. & Tozanli, S. & Yercan, M., 2016. "The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: the case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey," Working Papers MOISA 201603, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Noltze, Martin & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Understanding the adoption of systemic innovations in smallholder agriculture: the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Timor Leste," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114604, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Hervé & Ojo, Oluwaseun, 2011.
"Could society's willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with farmers' economic self-interest?,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1797-1804, August.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Oluwaseun Ojo, 2010. "Could Society’s willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with Farmers’ economic self-interest?," Working Papers 2010-ECO-03, IESEG School of Management.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Herve & Ojo, Oluwaseun, 2011. "Could Society’s willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with Farmers’ economic self-interest?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120402, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- J.Ph. Boussemart & H. Leleu & Oluwaseun Ojo, 2011. "Could Society's willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with Farmers' economic self-interest?," Post-Print halshs-00656944, HAL.
- Mariano, Marc Jim & Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan, 2012. "Factors influencing farmers’ adoption of modern rice technologies and good management practices in the Philippines," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 41-53.
- Noltze, Martin & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Understanding the adoption of system technologies in smallholder agriculture: The system of rice intensification (SRI) in Timor Leste," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 64-73.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology; adoption; cereal farming; UK; nonparametric;
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-07-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2009-07-03 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.