De la firme sous-traitante de premier rang à la firme pivot. Une mutation de l'organisation du système productif « Airbus »
This paper analyzes the transformations of industrial vertical relationships, and more particularly the current slide of the function of first tier suppliers towards the function of intermediation. The objective is to characterize this function of intermediation, basing on the strategic segmentation of the supply chain, made by the industrial actors within the productive organization of Airbus. The argumentation articulates into three parts. The first reconsiders the nature of the vertical subcontracting relations within the framework of complex productions. The second characterizes and defines Pivot-Firm. The third part brings out the organization of the vertical relations around Pivots Firm within the the productive organization of Airbus.
Volume (Year): n° 113 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-industrielle.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2005. "Vanishing hand versus Systems integrators - Une revue de la littérature sur l'impact organisationnel de la modularité," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 109(1), pages 29-52.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002.
"The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism,"
2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003. "The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, EconWPA.
- Asanuma, Banri, 1989. "Manufacturer-supplier relationships in Japan and the concept of relation-specific skill," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Kim B. Clark, 1989. "Project Scope and Project Performance: The Effect of Parts Strategy and Supplier Involvement on Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(10), pages 1247-1263, October.
- Carliss Y. Baldwin & Kim B. Clark, 2000. "Design Rules, Volume 1: The Power of Modularity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024667.
- Ulrich, Karl, 1995. "The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 419-440, May.
- Colletis, G. & Gilly, J.-P. & Leroux, I. & Pecqueur, B. & Perrat, j. & Rychen, F. & Zimmermann, J.-B., 1999. "Construction territoriale et dynamiques productives," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99a12, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Brian J. Loasby, .
"The Organisation of Capabilities,"
Working Papers Series
96/6, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2020 is not listed on IDEAS
- Damien Talbot, 2001. "Mondialisation et dynamiques des coordinations inter-firmes : le cas dans la sous-traitance aéronautique," Post-Print hal-00153089, HAL.
- Bernard Baudry, 2004. "La question des frontières de la firme. Incitation et coordination dans la firme-réseau," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(2), pages 247-273.
- Philippe Moati, 2001. "Organiser les marchés dans une économie fondée sur la connaissance : le rôle clé des « intégrateurs »," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 123-138.
- Hobday, Mike, 1998. "Product complexity, innovation and industrial organisation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 689-710, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reidbu:rei_113_0003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.