The link between the diversity of productive models and the variety of capitalisms
Prepared within the framework of the ESEMK project supported by the EU (FP6, Priority 7, CIT-CT-2004-506077 The European Socio-Economic Models of a Knowledge-based society), this paper discusses the linking between the variety of capitalism and the diversity of organisational forms for firms. This linking is illustrated through the case of the car industry. First part presents the works based on the hypothesis of an institutional isomorphism between the macro-level and the organisation. Second part tries to link analytical grids which integrate the diversity of institutional forms at the macro, meso and micro-levels.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Pierre Gilly & Yannick Lung, 2005.
"Proximités, secteurs et territoires,"
- Marie Coris (GRES, IFReDE-E3i), 2002. "Les Sociétés de Services en Logiciels Libres : l'émergence d'un système de production alternatif au sein de l'industrie du logiciel? (In French)," Working Papers 2002-5, Equipe Industries Innovation Institutions, Université Bordeaux IV, France.
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752, June.
- Vincent Frigant, 2005. "Vanishing hand versus Systems integrators - Une revue de la littérature sur l'impact organisationnel de la modularité," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 109(1), pages 29-52.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm,"
in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 18, pages 315-341
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2001. "Toward a Comparative Institutional Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011875.
- Jean-Pierre GILLY (LEREPS-GRES) & Yannick LUNG (E3i, IFReDE-GRES), 2005. "Proximities, industries and territories (In French)," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2005-09, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Asanuma, Banri, 1989. "Manufacturer-supplier relationships in Japan and the concept of relation-specific skill," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Patrick Bisciari, 2001.
Working Paper Document
14, National Bank of Belgium.
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005.
"Technological determinism and modularity : lessons from a comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe,"
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005. "Technological Determinism and Modularity: Lessons from a Comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 337-355.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Horizontal vs. Vertical Information Structure of the Firm,"
in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 5, pages 57-58
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1986. "Horizontal vs. Vertical Information Structure of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 971-83, December.
- Bernard Jullien & A. Smith, 2005. "Studying the politics of European industry : a political institutionalist approach to economics," Post-Print hal-00294036, HAL.
- Amable, Bruno, 2003. "The Diversity of Modern Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261147, June.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003.
"The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, EconWPA.
- Paul Conway & Véronique Janod & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2005. "Product Market Regulation in OECD Countries: 1998 to 2003," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 419, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2005-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.