Aeronautical manufacturer versus architect-integrator: a new industrial model for Airbus (In French)
This article analyzes the technical and organizational dynamics on which the strategies of the European aircraft manufacturer are founded. The point of view developed is that refocusing on architect-integrator activities, increasing modular decomposition of the process of building airplanes and the emergence of hub- firms as well as innovations - particularly those revolving around composites materials, Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) and embedded systems - indicate a deep reorganization of Airbus\' industrial model.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant & Med Kechidi & Damien Talbot, 2006. "Les territoires de l'aéronautique : EADS, entre mondialisation et ancrage," Post-Print hal-00257451, HAL.
- Vincent Frigant, 2005. "Vanishing hand versus Systems integrators - Une revue de la littérature sur l'impact organisationnel de la modularité," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 109(1), pages 29-52.
- Damien Talbot, 2001. "Mondialisation et dynamiques des coordinations inter-firmes : le cas dans la sous-traitance aéronautique," Post-Print hal-00153089, HAL.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003.
"The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, EconWPA.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Ulrich, Karl, 1995. "The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 419-440, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2008-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.