Supply And Demand Functions For Uk Agriculture: Biases Of Technical Change And The Returns To Public R&D
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Stephen Clark & Curtis E. Youngblood, 1992. "Estimating Duality Models with Biased Technical Change: A Time Series Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(2), pages 353-360.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Robert E. Evenson, 1989.
"Supply and Demand Functions for Multiproduct U.S. Cash Grain Farms: Biases Caused by Research and Other Policies,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(3), pages 761-773.
- Huffman, Wallace & Evenson, Robert E., 1989. "Supply and Demand Functions for Multiproduct U.S. Cash Grain Farms: Biases Caused by Research and Other Policies," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10985, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- C. Thirtle & P. Bottomley, 1992. "Total Factor Productivity In Uk Agriculture, 1967‐90," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 381-400, September.
- Evenson, Robert E. & Landau, Daniel & Ballou, Dale, 1987. "Agricultural Productivity Measures for U.S. States 1950-82," Evaluating Agricultural Research and Productivity, Proceedings of a Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia, January 29-30, 1987, Miscellaneous Publication 52 50019, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Surjit S. Sidhu & Carlos A. Baanante, 1981. "Estimating Farm-Level Input Demand and Wheat Supply in the Indian Punjab Using a Translog Profit Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(2), pages 237-246.
- Robert D. Weaver, 1983. "Multiple Input, Multiple Output Production Choices and Technology in the U.S. Wheat Region," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(1), pages 45-56.
- V.E. Ball & J.C. Bureau & J.P. Butault & H.P. Witzke, 1993. "The stock of capital in European Community agriculture," Post-Print hal-01072680, HAL.
- A. Ozanne, 1993. "The Importance Of Produced Means Of Production In Uk Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 205-217, May.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- McKay, Lloyd & Lawrence, Denis & Vlastuin, Chris, 1983. "Profit, Output Supply, and Input Demand Functions for Multiproduct Firms: The Case of Australian Agriculture," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Robert Evenson, 1967. "The Contribution of Agricultural Research to Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1415-1425.
- Ball, V Eldon, et al, 1993. "The Stock of Capital in European Community Agriculture," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 437-450.
- Quirino Paris & Michael R. Caputo & Garth J. Holloway, 1993. "Keeping the Dream of Rigorous Hypothesis Testing Alive," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(Special_I), pages 25-40.
- Frédéric Bouchet & David Orden & George W. Norton, 1989. "Sources of Growth in French Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 280-293.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barnes, Andrew P., 2002. "Publicly-funded UK agricultural R&D and 'social' total factor productivity," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 65-74, May.
- Colin Thirtle, 1999. "Productivity and the Returns to Levy‐Funded R&D for Sugar Production in the Eastern Counties of England," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 450-467, September.
- Bailey, Alastair & Irz, Xavier T. & Balcombe, Kelvin George, 2003. "An Appliation Of The Stochastic Latent Variable Approach To The Correction Of Sector Level Tfp Calculations In The Face Of Biased Technological Change," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25842, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Farrington, John & Thirtle, Colin & Henderson, Simon, 1997. "Methodologies for monitoring and evaluating agricultural and natural resources research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-300, October.
- Barnes, Andrew P., 2001. "Towards a framework for justifying public agricultural R&D: the example of UK agricultural research policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 663-672, April.
- Unterschultz, James R. & Jeffrey, Scott R. & Quagrainie, Kwamena K., 2000. "Value-Adding 20 Billion By 2005: Impact At The Alberta Farm Gate," Project Report Series 24049, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Thirtle, C. & Bottomley, P. & Palladino, P. & Schimmelpfennig, D. & Townsend, R., 1998. "The rise and fall of public sector plant breeding in the United Kingdom: a causal chain model of basic and applied research and diffusion," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 127-143, September.
- Alston, Julian M., 2002. "Spillovers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), pages 1-32.
- David Schimmelpfennig & Colin Thirtle, 1999. "The Internationalization Of Agricultural Technology: Patents, R&D Spillovers, And Their Effects On Productivity In The European Union And United States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 457-468, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:47:y:1996:i:1-4:p:338-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.