Towards a framework for justifying public agricultural R&D: the example of UK agricultural research policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umali, D.L., 1992. "Public and Private Sector Roles in Agricultural Research; Theory and Experience," World Bank - Discussion Papers 176, World Bank.
- Read, Nicholas & Quinn, John J. & Webster, Andrew, 1988. "Commercialisation as a policy mechanism in UK agricultural research, development and extension," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-87.
- Thirtle, Colin, 1986. "A Summary of Arguments for and Against the Public Provision of Agricultural R & D," Manchester Working Papers in Agricultural Economics 232789, University of Manchester, School of Economics, Agricultural Economics Department.
- Thirtle, Colin & Echeverria, Ruben G., 1994. "Privatization and the roles of public and private institutions in agricultural research in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 31-44, February.
- Yougesh Khatri & Colin Thirtle, 1996. "Supply And Demand Functions For Uk Agriculture: Biases Of Technical Change And The Returns To Public R&D," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 338-354.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- Nathan ROSENBERG, 2009.
"Why do firms do basic research (with their own money)?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Studies On Science And The Innovation Process Selected Works of Nathan Rosenberg, chapter 11, pages 225-234
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1990. "Why do firms do basic research (with their own money)?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-174, April.
- Thornley, J. H. M. & Doyle, C. J., 1984. "The management of publicly-funded agricultural research and development in the UK: Questions of autonomy and accountability," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 195-208. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:30:y:2001:i:4:p:663-672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.