Evaluating the Importance of Business Location Factors: The Influence of Facility Type
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 44 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0017-4815|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2002. "The Effects of Environmental Regulation on Business Location in the United States," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: Wayne B. Gray (ed.), Economic Costs and Consequences of Environmental Regulation, pages 129-151 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Stephan J. Goetz & R. Shannon Morgan, 1995. "State-Level Locational Determinants of Biotechnology Firms," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 9(2), pages 174-184, May.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jaeckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005.
"Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1374, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 141(4), pages 693-731, December.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Mündler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Kiel Working Papers 1243, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Becker, Sasha O & Ekholm, Karolina & Jackle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2004. "Location Choices and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2fq490pd, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions:A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 4, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," CEPR Discussion Papers 4887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Mündler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location choice and employment decisions: a comparison of German and Swedish multinationals," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,08, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Jun Koo & Kwang‐Rae Cho, 2011. "New Firm Formation and Industry Clusters: A Case of the Drugs Industry in the U.S," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 179-199, 06.
- David Bieri, 2010. "Booming Bohemia? Evidence from the US High-Technology Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 23-48.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael E. Porter & Scott Stern, 2010.
"Clusters and entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 495-518, July.
- Junbo Yu & Randall Jackson, 2011.
"Regional Innovation Clusters: A Critical Review,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 111-124, 06.
- Isabelle Méjean & Lise Patureau, 2008.
"Location decisions and Minimum Wages,"
THEMA Working Papers
2008-06, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Simon Condliffe & O. Ashton Morgan, 2009. "The effects of air quality regulations on the location decisions of pollution-intensive manufacturing plants," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 83-93, August.
- David Neumark & Jed Kolko, 2008.
"Do Enterprise Zones Create Jobs? Evidence from California's Enterprise Zone Program,"
NBER Working Papers
14530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neumark, David & Kolko, Jed, 2010. "Do enterprise zones create jobs? Evidence from California's enterprise zone program," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Andrew Hanson & Shawn Rohlin, 2011. "The Effect of Location-Based Tax Incentives on Establishment Location and Employment across Industry Sectors," Public Finance Review, , vol. 39(2), pages 195-225, March.
- Joseph Berechman & Dilruba Ozmen & Kaan Ozbay, 2006. "Empirical analysis of transportation investment and economic development at state, county and municipality levels," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(6), pages 537-551, November.
- Michael Storper & Allen J. Scott, 2009. "Rethinking human capital, creativity and urban growth," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 147-167, March.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Wößmann, Ludger, 2008.
"The role of cognitive skills in economic development,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20454, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008. "The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(3), pages 607-68, September.
- Eric Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008. "The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development," Discussion Papers 07-034, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Mark Gius & Phillip Frese, 2002. "The impact of state personal and corporate tax rates on firm location," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 47-49.
- Thomas H. Klier & James M. Rubenstein, 2010. "The changing geography of North American motor vehicle production," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(3), pages 335-347.
- Carlson, Virginia, 2000. "Studying Firm Locations: Survey Responses vs. Econometric Models," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1).
- Laabas, Belkacem & Weshah, Razzak, 2011. "Economic Growth and The Quality of Human Capital," MPRA Paper 28727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Konstantina Gkritza & Kumares Sinha & Samuel Labi & Fred Mannering, 2008. "Influence of highway construction projects on economic development: an empirical assessment," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 545-563, September.
- Ranald Richardson & Andrew Gillespie, 2003. "The Call of the Wild: Call Centers and Economic Development in Rural Areas," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 87-108.
- Bondonio, Daniele & Greenbaum, Robert T., 2007. "Do local tax incentives affect economic growth? What mean impacts miss in the analysis of enterprise zone policies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Shelley McDonough Kimelberg, 2010. ""Can We Seal the Deal?": An Examination of Uncertainty in the Development Process," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 24(1), pages 87-96, February.
- David Luskin & Erin Mallard & Isabel Victoria-Jaramillo, 2008. "Potential gains from more efficient spending on Texas highways," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 565-590, September.
- Klier, Thomas & McMillen, Daniel P, 2008. "Clustering of Auto Supplier Plants in the United States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 460-471.
- Ann Markusen, 2006. "Urban development and the politics of a creative class: evidence from a study of artists," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(10), pages 1921-1940, October.
- Méjean, Isabelle & Patureau, Lise, 2010. "Firms' location decisions and minimum wages," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 45-59, January.
- Love, Lisa L. & Crompton, John L., 1999. "The Role of Quality of Life in Business (Re)Location Decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 211-222, March.
- Dafna Schwartz & Joseph Pelzman & Michael Keren, 2008. "The Ineffectiveness of Location Incentive Programs," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 22(2), pages 167-179, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:44:y:2013:i:1:p:92-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.