Studying Firm Locations: Survey Responses vs. Econometric Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Niles C. Schoening & Larry E. Sweeney, 1992. "Proactive Industrial Development Strategies And Portfolio Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 22(3), pages 227-238, Winter.
- M Johnson, 1991. "An Empirical Update on the Product-Cycle Explanation and Branch-Plant Location in the Nonmetropolitan US South," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(3), pages 397-409, March.
- Michael J. Wasylenko, 1980. "Evidence of Fiscal Differentials and Intrametropolitan Firm Relocation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(3), pages 339-349.
- Virginia L. Carlson, 1995. "Identifying Neighborhood Businesses: A Comparison of Business Listings," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 9(1), pages 50-59, February.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Other Local Policies on the Intrametropolitan Pattern of Business Location," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Henry W. Herzog & Alan M Schlottmann (ed.), Industry Location and Public Policy, pages 57-80 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Kriesel, Warren & McNamara, Kevin T., 1991. "A County-Level Model Of Manufacturing Plant Recruitment With Improved Industrial Site Quality Measurement," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- McGuire, Therese J., 1985. "Are local property taxes important in the intrametropolitan location decisions of firms? An empirical analysis of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 226-234, September.
- David J. Forkenbrock & Norman S. J. Foster, 1996. "Highways and Business Location Decisions," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 10(3), pages 239-248, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambert, Dayton M. & Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2010.
"A two-step estimator for a spatial lag model of counts: Theory, small sample performance and an application,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 241-252, July.
- Dayton M. Lambert & Jason P. Brown & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2010. "A Two-Step Estimator For A Spatial Lag Model Of Counts: Theory, Small Sample Performance And An Application," Working Papers 10-5, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2009.
"Determinants of Investment Flows in U.S. Manufacturing?,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 269-286.
- Jason P. Brown & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Kevin T. McNamara, 2009. "Determinants Of Investme??T Flows In U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers 09-10, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Shelley M. Kimelberg & Elizabeth Williams, 2013. "Evaluating the Importance of Business Location Factors: The Influence of Facility Type," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 92-117, March.
- Jason P. Brown & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Kevin T. McNamara, 2008. "Evolution Of Investment Flows In U.S. Manufacturing:A Spatial Panel Approach," Working Papers 08-06, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Trofimenko, Natalia, 2010. "Factors affecting location decisions of the economic headliners - exporters and foreign-owned firms - in China," Kiel Working Papers 1645, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nalin Kumar Ramaul & Pinki Ramaul, 2016. "Determinants of Industrial Location Choice in India: A Polychoric Principal Component Analysis Approach," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 14(1), pages 29-56, June.
- Jason P. Brown & Dayton M. Lambert & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2013. "The Birth, Death, and Persistence of Firms: Creative Destruction and the Spatial Distribution of U.S. Manufacturing Establishments, 2000–2006," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 89(3), pages 203-226, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Organization; Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:132161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mcrsaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.