A County-Level Model Of Manufacturing Plant Recruitment With Improved Industrial Site Quality Measurement
Empirical analysis of manufacturing plant location requires the use of a single industrial site quality measure. Under hedonic price theory, the price of industrial sites can be explained by their quality characteristics. The estimated site price is included with ten other location factors in an ordered, categorical logit model of plant attraction to Georgia counties. The results inform public decision-makers of the relative impact of site location factors and how changes in location factors can alter the probability of attracting a manufacturing plant.
Volume (Year): 23 (1991)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kevin T. McNamara & Warren P. Kriesel, 1988. "Manufacturing Location: the Impact of Human Capital Stocks and Flows," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(1), pages 42-48, Winter.
- Debertin, David L. & Pagoulatos, Angelos & Smith, Eldon D., 1980.
"Estimating Linear Probability Functions: A Comparison of Approaches,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 65-69, December.
- Debertin, David L. & Pagoulatos, Angelos & Smith, Eldon D., 1980. "Estimating Linear Probability Functions: A Comparison Of Approaches," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- Newman, Robert J. & Sullivan, Dennis H., 1988. "Econometric analysis of business tax impacts on industrial location: What do we know, and how do we know it?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 215-234, March.
- Smith, Eldon D. & Deaton, Brady J. & Kelch, David R., 1978. "Location Determinants Of Manufacturing Industry In Rural Areas," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 10(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:30281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.