The biotechnology industry and strategies of biodiversity conservation: The influence of managerial interpretations and risk propensity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jane E. Dutton & Liam Fahey & V. K. Narayanan, 1983. "Toward understanding strategic issue diagnosis," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 307-323, October.
- Libby, R & Fishburn, Pc, 1977. "Behavioral-Models Of Risk-Taking In Business Decisions - Survey And Evaluation," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 272-292.
- Jane E. Dutton & Robert B. Duncan, 1987. "The creation of momentum for change through the process of strategic issue diagnosis," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 279-295, May.
- George B. Frisvold & Peter Condon, 1994. "Biodiversity Conservation And Biotechnology Development Agreements," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(3), pages 1-9, July.
- William H. Glick & George P. Huber & C. Chet Miller & D. Harold Doty & Kathleen M. Sutcliffe, 1990. "Studying Changes in Organizational Design and Effectiveness: Retrospective Event Histories and Periodic Assessments," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 293-312, August.
- Minna Halme, 1996. "Shifting Environmental Management Paradigms In Two Finnish Paper Facilities: A Broader View Of Institutional Theory," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 94-105, June.
- Philip Bromiley, 1991. "Paradox or At Least Variance Found: A Comment on "Mean-Variance Approaches to Risk-Return Relationships in Strategy: Paradox Lost"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(9), pages 1206-1210, September.
- James G. March & Zur Shapira, 1987. "Managerial Perspectives on Risk and Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(11), pages 1404-1418, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frances E. Bowen, 2000. "Environmental visibility: a trigger of green organizational response?," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 92-107, March.
- Judd H. Michael & Ann E. Echols & Steve Bukowski, 2010. "Executive perceptions of adopting an environmental certification program," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(7), pages 466-478, November.
- Delphine Gibassier & Karen Maas & Stefan Schaltegger, 2019. "Special issue of business, strategy, and the environment call for papers business, society, biodiversity, and natural capital deadline June 30, 2020 (see details of conference/workshop at the end of t," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 921-924, July.
- Banjo Roxas & Val Lindsay, 2012. "Social Desirability Bias in Survey Research on Sustainable Development in Small Firms: an Exploratory Analysis of Survey Mode Effect," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 223-235, May.
- Jieqiong Yu & Carlos Wing‐Hung Lo & Pansy Hon Ying Li, 2017. "Organizational Visibility, Stakeholder Environmental Pressure and Corporate Environmental Responsiveness in China," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 371-384, March.
- Stephen Brammer & Stephen Pavelin, 2008. "Factors influencing the quality of corporate environmental disclosure," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 120-136, February.
- Sanjay Sharma & Audun Ruud, 2003. "On the path to sustainability: integrating social dimensions into the research and practice of environmental management," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 205-214, July.
- Omaima A.G. Hassan, 2018. "The impact of voluntary environmental disclosure on firm value: Does organizational visibility play a mediation role?," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(8), pages 1569-1582, December.
- Neelam C. Poudyal & Jacek P. Siry & J. M. Bowker, 2012. "Stakeholders' Engagement in Promoting Sustainable Development: Businesses and Urban Forest Carbon," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 157-169, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- T. K. Das & Bing-Sheng Teng, 1998. "Time and Entrepreneurial Risk Behavior," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 22(2), pages 69-88, January.
- Nickel, Manuel Núñez & Rodriguez, Manuel Cano, 2002. "A review of research on the negative accounting relationship between risk and return: Bowman's paradox," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Deephouse, David L. & Wiseman, Robert M., 2000. "Comparing alternative explanations for accounting risk-return relations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 463-482, August.
- Patrick M. Kreiser & Brian S. Anderson & Donald F. Kuratko & Louis D. Marino, 2020. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Environmental Hostility: A Threat Rigidity Perspective," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 44(6), pages 1174-1198, November.
- Winter, Peter, 2007. "Managerial Risk Accounting and Control – A German perspective," MPRA Paper 8185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Narduzzo, Alessandro & Warglien, Massimo, 1996.
"Learning from the Experience of Others: An Experiment on Information Contagion,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 113-126.
- Alessandro Narduzzo & Massimo Warglien, 1996. "Learning from the Experience of Others : An Experiment on Information Contagion," CEEL Working Papers 9603, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Min, Dong-Jun & Cunha, Marcus, 2019. "The influence of horizontal and vertical product attribute information on decision making under risk: The role of perceived competence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 174-183.
- Nabiha Nefzi, 2018. "Fear Of Failure And Entrepreneurial Risk Perception," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, Center for International Scientific Research of VSO and VSPP, vol. 6(2), pages 45-58, December.
- Matt Grimes, 2010. "Strategic Sensemaking within Funding Relationships: The Effects of Performance Measurement on Organizational Identity in the Social Sector," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 34(4), pages 763-783, July.
- Holger Patzelt & Dean A. Shepherd, 2009. "Strategic Entrepreneurship at Universities: Academic Entrepreneursâ€™ Assessment of Policy Programs," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(1), pages 319-340, January.
- Anika Jansen & Harald Pfeifer & Julia Raecke, 2017.
"Only the brave? Risk and time preferences of decision makers and firms' investment in worker training,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0124, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Jansen, Anika & Pfeifer, Harald & Raecke, Julia, 2017. "Only the brave? Risk and time preferences of decision makers and firms’ investment in worker training," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Jansen, Anika & Pfeifer, Harald & Raecke, Julia, 2017. "Only the brave? Risk and time preferences of decision makers and firms' investment in worker training," ROA Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Alexander Frey & Manuel Trenz & Daniel Veit, 2019. "A service-dominant logic perspective on the roles of technology in service innovation: uncovering four archetypes in the sharing economy," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 89(8), pages 1149-1189, December.
- Anthony Goerzen & Stephen Sapp & Andrew Delios, 2010. "Investor Response to Environmental Risk in Foreign Direct Investment," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 50(6), pages 683-708, December.
- Peter J Buckley & Liang Chen & L Jeremy Clegg & Hinrich Voss, 2018. "Risk propensity in the foreign direct investment location decision of emerging multinationals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 49(2), pages 153-171, February.
- Elie Matta & Jean McGuire, 2008. "Too Risky to Hold? The Effect of Downside Risk, Accumulated Equity Wealth, and Firm Performance on CEO Equity Reduction," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4), pages 567-580, August.
- Yan Li & David Ahlstrom, 2020. "Risk-taking in entrepreneurial decision-making: A dynamic model of venture decision," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 899-933, September.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate & Jonathan Yan, 2010. "Overconfidence and Early-life Experiences: The Impact of Managerial Traits on Corporate Financial Policies," NBER Working Papers 15659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Hevner & Onkar Malgonde, 2019. "Effectual application development on digital platforms," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 29(3), pages 407-421, September.
- Tang, Christopher S. & Davarzani, Hoda & Sarkis, Joseph, 2015. "Quantitative models for managing supply chain risks: A reviewAuthor-Name: Fahimnia, Behnam," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(1), pages 1-15.
- Gooding, Richard Z. & Goel, Sanjay & Wiseman, Robert M., 1996. "Fixed versus variable reference points in the risk-return relationship," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 331-350, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:bstrat:v:8:y:1999:i:1:p:46-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-0836 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.