Managerial discretion and corporate commitment to the natural environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Minton, Ann P. & Rose, Randall L., 1997. "The Effects of Environmental Concern on Environmentally Friendly Consumer Behavior: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 37-48, September.
- Slater, Jim & Angel, Isabel Tirado, 2000. "The Impact and Implications of Environmentally Linked Strategies on Competitive Advantage: A Study of Malaysian Companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 75-89, January.
- William Q. Judge, 1998. "Performance Implications of Incorporating Natural Environmental Issues into the Strategic Planning Process: An Empirical Assessment," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 241-262, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:168:d:63857 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Arend, 2014. "Social and Environmental Performance at SMEs: Considering Motivations, Capabilities, and Instrumentalism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(4), pages 541-561, December.
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Thyroff, Anastasia & Rapert, Molly I. & Park, Seong-Yeon & Lee, Hyun Ju, 2013. "To be or not to be green: Exploring individualism and collectivism as antecedents of environmental behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1052-1059.
- Rivera-Camino, Jaime, 2012. "Corporate environmental market responsiveness: A model of individual and organizational drivers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 402-411.
- Yan, Yanni & Chong, Chan Yan & Mak, Simon, 2010. "An exploration of managerial discretion and its impact on firm performance: Task autonomy, contractual control, and compensation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 521-530, December.
- Alvarez-Gil, M Jose & Berrone, Pascual & Husillos, F. Javier & Lado, Nora, 2007. "Reverse logistics, stakeholders' influence, organizational slack, and managers' posture," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 463-473, May.
- López-Gamero, María D. & Claver-Cortés, Enrique & Molina-Azorín, José F., 2009. "Evaluating environmental regulation in Spain using process control and preventive techniques," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 497-518, June.
- Chieh-Yu Lin & Yi-Hui Ho, 2011. "Determinants of Green Practice Adoption for Logistics Companies in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 98(1), pages 67-83, January.
- Juan SantalÃ³ & CARL KOCK, 2005. "Corporate governance & the environment: bad discretion, good discretion, and environmental (...)," Working Papers Economia wp05-24, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Wu, Tienhua & Jim Wu, Yen-Chun & Chen, Yenming J. & Goh, Mark, 2014. "Aligning supply chain strategy with corporate environmental strategy: A contingency approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 220-229.
- Craig, Justin B. & Dibrell, Clay & Garrett, Robert, 2014. "Examining relationships among family influence, family culture, flexible planning systems, innovativeness and firm performance," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 229-238.
- Chung, Huimin & Lin, Jane Raung & Yang, Ying Sui, 2012. "How do entrenched managers handle stakeholders interests?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 263-277.
- Bozzolan, Saverio & Fabrizi, Michele & Mallin, Christine A. & Michelon, Giovanna, 2015. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Earnings Quality: International Evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 361-396.
- Piotr Wajszczyk, 2016. "Informal Institutions in the Corporate Governance System in Russia," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 19(4), pages 113-121, December.
- Carl J. Kock & Byung S. Min, 2016. "Legal Origins, Corporate Governance, and Environmental Outcomes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 507-524, October.
- Ramirez, Edward, 2013. "Consumer-defined sustainably-oriented firms and factors influencing adoption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2202-2209.
- Walls, Judith L. & Phan, Philip H. & Berrone, Pascual, 2008. "An assessment of the construct validity of environmental strategy measures," IESE Research Papers D/754, IESE Business School.
- Ye, Fei & Zhao, Xiande & Prahinski, Carol & Li, Yina, 2013. "The impact of institutional pressures, top managers' posture and reverse logistics on performance—Evidence from China," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 132-143.
- Bang-Ning Hwang & Chi-Yo Huang & Chih-Hsiung Wu, 2016. "A TOE Approach to Establish a Green Supply Chain Adoption Decision Model in the Semiconductor Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-30, February.
- Elisa Alt & Emilio Díez-de-Castro & Francisco Lloréns-Montes, 2015. "Linking Employee Stakeholders to Environmental Performance: The Role of Proactive Environmental Strategies and Shared Vision," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 167-181, April.
- Elena Fraj-Andrés & Eva Martinez-Salinas & Jorge Matute-Vallejo, 2009. "A Multidimensional Approach to the Influence of Environmental Marketing and Orientation on the Firm’s Organizational Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(2), pages 263-286, August.
- Jelena Spanjol & Leona Tam & Vivian Tam, 2015. "Employer–Employee Congruence in Environmental Values: An Exploration of Effects on Job Satisfaction and Creativity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 117-130, August.
- Waldron, Theodore L. & Graffin, Scott D. & Porac, Joseph F. & Wade, James B., 2013. "Third-party endorsements of CEO quality, managerial discretion, and stakeholder reactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2592-2599.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:57:y:2004:i:9:p:964-975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.