A Demographically Augmented Shift-Share Employment Analysis: An Application to Canadian Employment Patterns
In this paper we illustrate how the traditional shift-share model may be readily ex-panded to analyse disaggregate data on various age-sex cohorts of the labour market. Further we show that such results can be misleading unless age-sex-specific labour-force changes are explicitly considered. We then analyze the performance of the Canadian regional labour mar-kets as an example of the proposed procedure.
Volume (Year): 38 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://jrap-journal.org/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Javier Martinez Peinado & Gemma Cairo Cespedes, 2004. "Gender And Regional Inequality In Human Development: The Case Of Spain," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 37-64.
- Lori G. Kletzer & Robert W. Fairlie, 2003.
"The Long-Term Costs of Job Displacement for Young Adult Workers,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(4), pages 682-698, July.
- Lori G. Kletzer & Robert W. Fairlie, 2003. "The long-term costs of job displacement for young adult workers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(4), pages 682-698, July.
- Esteban-Marquillas, J. M., 1972. "I. A reinterpretation of shift-share analysis," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 249-255, October.
- Anders Stenberg & Magnus Wikstrom, 2004.
"Higher Education and the Determination of Aggregate Male Employment by Age,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 87-101.
- Stenberg, Anders & Wikström, Magnus, 2000. "Higher Education and the Determination of Aggregate Male Employment by Age," Umeå Economic Studies 520, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Esteban, J., 2000. "Regional convergence in Europe and the industry mix: a shift-share analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 353-364, May.
- Glenn MacDonald & Michael S. Weisbach, 2004.
"The Economics of Has-beens,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages S289-S310, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:132342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.