Willingness To Plant Identity Preserved Crops: The Case Of Mississippi Soybeans
The willingness to plant identity preserved (IP) crops was examined using Mississippi soybean producers as an example. A contingent valuation framework was used to assess the impacts of offered premiums on a producer's probability of planting IP soybeans. Findings suggest that offered premiums significantly affect planting decisions. In addition, desire to learn more about IP production was found to increase the probability of planting, suggesting that desire to learn leads to experimentation. Finally, prior knowledge or experience planting IP crops significantly decreased the probability of planting.
Volume (Year): 33 (2001)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995.
"An Automated Econometric Approach For Estimating And Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995. "An Automated Econometric Approach for Estimating and Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 409-422, December.
- Nicholas G. Kalaitzandonakes, 2000. "Agrobiotechnology and Competitiveness," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1224-1233.
- Guzman, Rolando M. & Ventura, Gustavo, 1998. "A model of experimentation with information externalities," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 9-34, September.
- Dobbs, Thomas L., 1998. "Price Premiums for Organic Crops," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 13(2).
- Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Maltsbarger, Richard, 1998. "Biotechnology and Identity-Preserved Supply Chains: A Look at the Future of Crop Production and Marketing," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 13(4).
- Cooper, Joseph C., 1997. "Combining Actual And Contingent Behavior Data To Model Farmer Adoption Of Water Quality Protection Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Patrick Bolton & Christopher Harris, 1999. "Strategic Experimentation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(2), pages 349-374, March.
- Darren Hudson & Don Ethridge & Jeff Brown, 1996. "Producer prices in cotton markets: Evaluation of reported price information accuracy," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 353-362.
- Pannell, David J., 1995. "Optimal Herbicide Strategies Given Yield and Quality Impacts of Weeds," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), August.
- Lentz, T. Daniel & Akridge, Jay T., 1997. "Economic Evaluation Of Alternative Supply Chains For Soybean Peroxidase," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(3), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.